It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merry Little Christmas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yes I know it's early.I just feel so darn festive today.Totally out of character for me this early in December.So this thread is for favorite Carols, recipes, traditions...Rants..whatever you want to say about the holidays.
Here's a little Frankie boy..

Our tradition in my family is Christmas cookies and cocoa while watching some of our Fav movies..like Home Alone.

Here's a little Bing Crosby too...

Now for the big kid in all of us...

Yep..A whole new side Of AccessDenied.SCARY!!!!

mod edit: title

[edit on 12/2/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well AD dont feel alone, my Mom is cooking up some of her famous sour cream Christams Cookies! This is one of the few reasons I LOVE this time i fthe year....good bye diet!

[edit on 2-12-2007 by tetsujin420]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I envy you folks that can enjoy Christmas. For me it almost gets to be commercial overload and I start to get tense and anxious. Eventually I get to the point where I must excape to my own personal little place South of the Border in Mexico called Topolobompo. The beach, a little fishing, listening to the Mariachis is my preferred way to spend the Holidays.

Might have to work in my new chosen profession this year however and an extra/standin but it's all good.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Thanks for this thread AccessDenied!

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I have threartened many times to go to Tapachula, Mexico. Your idea is most splended Waaaa. There is a little beach with black sand close to the city. It's really very pretty.

But I have managed to garner some Christmas spirit in the last few days. My mom died in October of 2004 and I haven't celebrated Christmas since then. I just wrote checks to all my family members and went through the motions of enjoying Christmas.

Well guess what? I made a shopping list and have been in the stores the past few days. No giving checks this year. It was fun searching for that perfect gift.

The trip to Mexico does sound wonderful. I will go again. Waaa you have a good time and think of us when you're soaking up the sun rays on that Mexican beach.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hey guys..I didn't have much spirit a while ago.I guess the combination of snow, Christmas specials on TV..Taking my daughter to the mall yesterday and getting her picture taken with Santa.Of course..all the goodies in the stores too...
I just know I'm gonna gain 10 pounds.All those darn cookies!!!
Merry Christmas Everybody! It's never to early to spread some cheer around!

[edit on 2-12-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
In a couple of hours, I'll be headed up into the attic to get down the Christmas tree and storage totes full of decorations.

Then The wife and I will put on some Christmas music and decorate the tree, then head off to seperate rooms to wrap gifts, oooh I can't wait for Christmas day.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

My tree is up! My gifts are half bought...
and I feel like a big kid.So on that note..A little Burl Ives anyone???

Gotta go make cocoa and cookies....

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
In the spirit of Christmas...

Here are the costumes my wife and I wore for Halloween this year...

Anyone remember these guys...

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Oh Thats cool...or Hot..
I know the dang Christmas special...I can see the characters...I just can't think of it...Geez...
Too much sugar turning my brains to mush...

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Video here

[edit on 2-12-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Oh Right on...thats It! Sweet Costumes!!!
I believe you will will see me in a red dress and santa hat very soon...:shk:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
At my house it is tradition for me to spend all day baking on Christmas eve. Sadly, this year I have to work on Christmas eve

This is the day that I make all kinds of goodies from butter tarts, to monkey bread, cinnamon rolls, fudge, peanut brittle, pies and Lord know's what else I feel like making? Then baskets are assembled for all my good neighbors and I make the kids deliver them with Santa hats on. ( They always hated that the older they got
) All of my baking will have to take place the weekend before Christmas eve this year.

I just love making things for other people, and blasting my Christmas music while I get into the mode. Heres a couple of my favorite Christmas songs...which I love to sing along with. Even better if my daughter is home as we try to out sing each other It's hard to do, my daughter has a amazing voice and is a jazz wonderful singer. I like her voice best when she sings alto.

I love Celine Dion
She has a beautiful voice!

And an all time favorite, not much of a video though

[edit on 12/2/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

Aw Jen you are such a sweetheart..You bake for everybody?
I quit that a couple of years ago..I just couldn't find the time, and the two elderly neighbours I did that for..one past away, and the other went to a nursing home.I really miss it though.
That sucks that you have to work.
I have to ask you.. what is Monkey bread? Do you mean Banana loaf or something?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I've got more than one reason to be happy about Christmas this year
........ I'll be gettin' twice the gifts .......... ......... Hmmmm........ I can't believe Firestar is excited about this Holiday
......... well ... an early Merry Christmas to you and your Fam AD
!!!!!!!

[edit on 2-12-2007 by steve-o]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

Jen, anyone woul'd be lucky to have a neighbor like you. Nobody has ever baked anything and sent it over for me in this area. Sorry to hear you have to work. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
We can't have a thread like this without having the 12 Pains of Christmas as well! I love this song.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by steve-o

Same to you Steve! I know it's weird huh..totally not like me.Here's a little something for you...

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Merry Christmas everyone and I hope all your wishes are fullfilled.
There's nothing better than snow on Christmas day and I'm wishing for it so bad this year. I haven't seen a snowy Christmas Day in years here in Tennessee. I love all the old Christmas shows like A Christmas Story and all the animated ones. Just wanted to throw this video up because I like their music and the light show is cool.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
OMG!! Aces you reminded me..I have to have this!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join