It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show seeks to love match migrants and U.S. citizens -- Who Wants to Marry an Immigrant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Show seeks to love match migrants and U.S. citizens -- Who Wants to Marry an Immigrant

www.reuters.com

PHOENIX (Reuters) - A Los Angeles company is touting a new reality game show called "Who Wants to Marry a U.S. Citizen" that aims to create televised matrimony between legal citizens and immigrants who have temporary visas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Oh yea! Let's continue helping the disentegration of the already struggling institution of marriage.

JHCOAFRC!!!!!!!!!! Even the THOUGHT of such a show is despicable!

Isn't it bad enough that marriage has become almost a "weekend hobby" for a good many in the country? Isn't it bad enough that there are almost COUNTLESS numbers of illegal aliens already in the country, with more coming every day?

Do the two really need to be conjoined?

j

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Aaaaaand lets meet our stunning stereotypical contestants!

Contestant number one is a mother of five studying criminal justice. She likes walks in the sand and rock climbing. Say hello to contestant number one! "Hola!"

Contestant number two is a thrill seeking adventurer who enjoys crushing walnuts with her forehead. She wants kids but will require a strand of hair before copulating. Say hello to contestant number two! "Guten tag!"

Contestant number three is... where's contestant number three? Will someone check the bathroom for contestant number three. Damn Irish.

Lets hear it for our contestants! And when we get back, we'll meet the virg... Citizen who one of these lucky ladies will marry under threat of deportation! Stay tuned!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

hahahahahahahaha

that was classic. oh the images in my head

sorry, cant add much more except

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
All you have to do is not watch it and that should send a clear signal to the idiots that make this garbage up.

You can always write them an email and let them know that you think this is a bad idea.

Besides that you can try and get onto the show and make a joke out of it. Now that would be cool....

I also had some pretty funny visuals running through my head...

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
How come people in America have so much against illigal immigrants?

If I remember correctly the entire U.S was made by illigal immigrants

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluess

Because of the burdens they cause in many instances.

They take jobs from AMERICAN citizens that need them as well.

They do dumb crap like pulling down OUR flag and placing MEXICO'S above it.

They are bringing disease by the truck load and it is totally unmonitored.

An American caught sneaking across the border INTO Mexico would VERY likely be treated like garbage.

SOME of them bring more crime when we already have enough we have to worry about.

Some of them take CRAZY advantage of tax breaks through buying and selling amongst themselves. Yet, we get almost NOTHING in the way of tax breaks, at least on the same level that they do.

And last, but certainly not least,

OVERCROWDING and OVERSPAWNING.

They are sneaking across and pumping out children left and right.

Though, I DO agree with your statements about the American Indians. However, it's a bit silly to compare our today with yesterday.

Sure, we invaded the Indians and brought famine and plague with us. We used them when we needed them, all the while secretly plotting their demise.

Wait, that sounds familiar. Has any of that happened recently?

J

apc

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
For the record, it is difficult for illegals to get marriage licenses in most states. Therefore, this show will be marrying legal immigrants with visas.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
and atleast its not american idiot or big bore-er. atleast this one will be mildly entertaining and maybe someone will find true love

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
With as little faith in humanity as I have, why is it that people must constantly work to undermine what's left?

This is revolting.

If you want to talk about what's wrong with things, this is a good place to start.
Getting rich off this kind of crap is fundamentally wrong.
What's worse is I'm sure the show will be a hit.

I think I'm going to go bang my head on a wall for awhile.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluess

Nope. I appreciate your idiocy, ignorance, and bigotry, but my ancestors came here legally.

Following the law.

Nice try, though.

Originally posted by SimiusDei

Yeah, they actually can get a lot of government benefits. It's pathetic.

Well this argument wouldn't work, but since we have retarded minimum wage laws, it does.

Yeah, like a citizenship protest waving flags or their damn countries. Ugh.

Sure, we invaded the Indians and brought famine and plague with us. We used them when we needed them, all the while secretly plotting their demise.

Depends on who you mean "us." The Spanish conquistadors were horrible. But for what made up the United States when it was founded, they weren't that bad to the natives. There was never any centralized plot to get rid of them.

You can't say they were really invaded, either. They were, for the most part, a bunch of nomadic tribes, many violent and/or warring with others, with no concept of owning land. It wasn't "theirs."

And guys, you should notice that the people they're having people marry on the show are here legally, not illegally.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think it is a stupid idea. Marriage is not for all, it changes once one is married. Sometimes not for the good. I say live with the person.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Under that reasoning every country in the world, minus a few African countries, is populated by illegal immigrants.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Bluess

Ohh just like you took the land, crops from the native americans?

just like you planted the american flag on indians territories?

just like you brought desiease with you that the native americans has never had before?

An American caught sneaking across the border INTO Mexico would VERY likely be treated like garbage.

but why???? shouldnt the bend down a praise your overhuman being and just be glad you would even set foot in their land?

SOME of them bring more crime when we already have enough we have to worry about.

and you have only brought peace among the native americans?

Some of them take CRAZY advantage of tax breaks through buying and selling amongst themselves. Yet, we get almost NOTHING in the way of tax breaks, at least on the same level that they do.

just like you stole, murdered and raped the native americans?

And last, but certainly not least,

OVERCROWDING and OVERSPAWNING.

They are sneaking across and pumping out children left and right.

and ever since your people discovered america you have brought down population?

Though, I DO agree with your statements about the American Indians. However, it's a bit silly to compare our today with yesterday.

yes, from your narrow perspective i can see that it is?

Wait, that sounds familiar. Has any of that happened recently?

J

see you are trying to make all theese people look bad, when the fact is that history just tells us that the very reason you live where you live, was from a similar way of illigal immigration.

so how about you change the today events to not make history repeat itself?

try to embrase difference and see if you can learn something.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Arranged marriages are very common between US males and the Philippines, Russia, Balkan states, Poland, Thailand. Look in any singles mag or google arranged marriages any be prepared to be amazed at how a few bucks can get you a wife from almost anywhere. The arranged marriage industry is HUGE.

Not only that....It is very easy to buy [adopt] a baby from almost any third world country over the internet.

The immagration laws in the US are a joke.

Here in the Southwest it is very very common to see marriages between Hispanics and Anglos. No one even gives it a second glance.

You might as well face it; the world will one day be just one race; mankind.
If we make it that long.

Personally I think we are doomed to a natural catastrophe.

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house!

[edit on 2-12-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Any marriage that is for the purpose of getting someone citizenship is void and therefore doesn't exist.

It might also be fraud.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Ohh just like you took the land, crops from the native americans?

Who the hell is "you?" None of us did anything of that sort.

And if you mean years ago, most didn't even claim that they owned the land!

just like you planted the american flag on indians territories?

Nope, read my response. Christ, you are a bigot. Have you ever researched amy history?

just like you brought desiease with you that the native americans has never had before?

Hahaha. Yeah, okay. We went back and time and spread disease, okay.

but why???? shouldnt the bend down a praise your overhuman being and just be glad you would even set foot in their land?

What?

and you have only brought peace among the native americans?

I've never been on a reservation. What are you, an idiot? None of us did much at all to the,

just like you stole, murdered and raped the native americans?

What? I've never murdered, stolen, or raped in my life!

and ever since your people discovered america you have brought down population?

Nope, it was "inhabited" by a couple million people in nomadic tribes, they couldn't sustain a large population because of their lack of, well, "civilization."

I didn't invade anyone.
The United States and England did little to plot the demise of the natives.

see you are trying to make all theese people look bad, when the fact is that history just tells us that the very reason you live where you live, was from a similar way of illigal immigration.

Wrong. There's your idiocy, ignorance, and bigotry again. There was no giant Native American nation, nor did they even claim to own the land they lived on most of the time!

And my ancestors came to America after any of this happened? Are you telling me they came illegally, even though they didn't? Who the hell are you?

try to embrase difference and see if you can learn something.

Try to learn to spell "embrace," try to open up a book, and see if you can sound less ignorant.

[edit on 2-12-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I say what the hell let the immigrants come in.This is God's land even though the U.S doesn't see it that way but it is.we are all one we all were made from the earth.America is sooo ignorant when it comes to things like this,hell the Americans STOLE this land from THE NATIVE AMERICANS.I think that it's about time that they get back what's coming for them and that's just how it is.And had that audasity to go to other countries such as Africa and bring the Africans hers to work as slaves,so yea let all of the immigrants come please come to your new home AMERICA.........
SUPPOSEDLY THE LAND OF THE FREE.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

What's worse is I'm sure the show will be a hit.

I know that's the sad part. When are people going to realize that TV is a waste of time unless it's sports or Hell Date!

As for Johnmike..

There was no giant Native American nation, nor did they even claim to own the land they lived on most of the time!

Claim to own? I don't think they had that concept. They lived life a different way.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
America is so racist i don't know why they are doing a show like this when they don't really like the immigrants that are not even close to their skin complexion. I think that America needs to accept anyone no matter what they look like or what they have done. America is still so behind in time!!!!! America are theives they stole this land from the natives and they have the balls to call this country god's country if it was god's country then there wouldn't be all these skinheads and such crap going on.....I'm glad that I'm a beautiful afromexican and I'm proud of it I've seriously gotten so sick and tired of this country for putting us Latino and black people down that i just want to go back to my native country where i know that i will be accepted.
viva Mexico!!! viva Mexico!!! viva Mexico

mod edit: all caps

[edit on 29-6-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

new topics

top topics

join