It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we becoming gods?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
IMO we're more likely to be doing exactly the opposite. The fact that we're even concerned with messing about with physical bodies suggests that we have no ambition as a race. True gods would be independent of 'flesh'.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
We are all "gods", it's just that the vast majority of people are either too repressed or just don't want to accept that responsibility to be "godly".

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
andre18, You know what? I realize that you yourself could not create a platypus, but I would argue that a group of our intelligent scientists could alter an animal and turn it into something that is not of its original form in the near future if not now and make it humorous looking. So ironically, you kinda helped me back up my theory with your sarcastic remark.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Sure hope not ?

Have a hard enough time looking after myself, let alone others.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tayga
IMO we're more likely to be doing exactly the opposite. The fact that we're even concerned with messing about with physical bodies suggests that we have no ambition as a race. True gods would be independent of 'flesh'.

Actually it has been proven that we are evolving at an exponential rate. Faster than we have in the past 10,000 years. The ultimate goal of any race is to become godly, in a sense. But overall, godly is an opinion. Going back just 150 years and we would seem like gods. Think about it. From a 18th century person we have almost magical capabilities. We have small boxes that allow us to talk to anyone anytime and even see them. We can fly in the sky on giant metallic birds. In the 18th century you were lucky to survive being shot anywhere and now being shot in the head doesn't always kill you. Yes, godly is an opinion. There is no such thing as a higher existence. The only thing that allowed us to become the dominant species on this planet is speech. This allowed us to confer to each other how we feel but all feelings are just chemical reactions in the body. There is no soul, and apparently you have to be a pure soul to be a god, but if there is no soul then there can be no godly ways. I do not believe we are becoming godly because there is no such thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join