It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Information Needed - win 10,000 points

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
ok,im gonna have me a shot.

by the descriptions of this cube like object i say it is the core of an amorphous metal transformer core.

this is what amorphous metal is
en.wikipedia.org...

amorphous metal is highly useful as a metallic substance used for electro/ magnetic purposes.amorphous metal is made via many process that require the melting and reconstruction of the metal.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.freepatentsonline.com...

there are several other ways in which amorphous metals can be produced, including physical vapor deposition, solid-state reaction, ion irradiation, melt spinning, and mechanical alloying

the below statement is where we were in 1957

An important consequence of this was that metallic glasses could only be produced in a limited number of forms (typically ribbons, foils, or wires) in which one dimension was small so that heat could be extracted quickly enough to achieve the necessary cooling rate. As a result, metallic glass specimens (with a few exceptions) were limited to thicknesses of less than one hundred micrometres.

so would suggest by 1967,small cubes of an amorphous metal could have been created and then fused together into a larger structure

so now we move onto the transformer of a core bit,
en.wikipedia.org...

morphous Metal Transformer (AMT) is a kind of energy efficient transformer found on electric grids [1]. The magnetic core of such transformer is made with amorphous metal, which can be easily magnetized / demagnetized. Because of this property, core loss of AMT is significantly lower than conventional transformer. Typically, core loss can be reduced by 70-80% as compared to its traditional counterpart. Reduction in energy loss leads to reduction of generation requirement and hence less CO2 emission. As energy shortage and environmental concerns are increasingly recognized, this technology has also caught attention [2][3]. In particular, it has been widely adopted by big developing countries such as China [4] and India [5] where energy conservation and CO2 emission reduction have been put on priority. These two countries, for example, can potentially, on annual base, save 25-30TWh electricity, elimate 6-8GW generation investment, and reduce 20-30 million tons of CO2 emission by fully utilizing this technology.

needless to say,an ormophous metal transformer would be an inherant part of and electro magnetic craft.

this is what transformer looks like

notice the cube shape of the transformer!!!!

i rest my cause your honours!

also,the witness statements say the cube was silky/smooth to touch,amorphous metal is silky/smooth to the touch!

[edit on 1-12-2007 by welivefortheson]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Hmm, cube 4 foot on a side weighing 6000 lbs. 93.75Lbs per square foot.
Most Magnesium alloys being about 112 lbs per...said it was soft... Looking at a periodic table arranged per weight... lithium seems to be the only metal light enough, and yet considered soft. Now what would someone do with little cubes of lithium??? especially in the mid to early 60's, anyone have a clue?

Taeas

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Taeas Stirling]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taeas Stirling
Hmm, cube 4 foot on a side weighing 6000 lbs. 93.75Lbs per square foot.
Most aluminum alloys being about 115 per...said it was soft... Looking at a periodic table arranged per weight... lithium seems to be the only metal light enough, and yet considered soft. Now what would someone do with little cubes of lithium??? especially in the mid to early 60's, anyone have a clue?

Taeas

you can do alot,go to the energy citations database and search for lithium
www.osti.gov...

here
www.key-to-metals.com...

Commercial aluminum-lithium alloys are targeted as advanced materials for aerospace technology primarily because of their low density, high specific modulus, and excellent fatigue and cryogenic toughness properties. The principal disadvantages of peak-strength aluminum-lithium alloys are reduced ductility and fracture toughness in the short transverse direction, anisotropy of in-plane properties, the need for cold work to attain peak properties, and accelerated fatigue crack extension rates when cracks are micro structurally small.

and, do a search for amorphous lithium anywhere,we got it!!!

heres some interesting lithium related ecd entries
www.osti.gov...
www.osti.gov...

a lithium "core" and nuetron shield?
patent date for the core,"Pat. File: Filed date 31 May 1967"
publishing date for the nuetron shield."1969 Jan 01"

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

Handy site welivefortheson, thanks.
entered lithium, sorted by date and one of the first entrys was a paper on liquid lithium cooled nuclear reactors for spacecraft???
Now if this was destined for orbit, yet didnt make it for some reason. It never would have been subjected to reentry heating. That explains why it wasnt scorched or melted. Have to admit if I was hauling freight to orbit or further in a secret usa ufo. And if it fouled a sparkplug on the way up, first thing I would do is push the button that drops 6000 lbs of unmarked dead weight.
Now we just need to figure out where they had a reactor off planet??
LOL love this stuff, the fun never stops

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Taeas Stirling

it could have been sabotaged by a foreign enemy,say russia,hell it was a space race!!

the russians would have been foolish to not try to sabotage any efforts by a rival super power to conquer space/moon.

considering i believe the whole civilian space race was a propagandised smokescreen for the superpowers conquest of space,and 1967 was the period they went to the moon,id say it was destined for the moon!.

anyone seen any cube shaped ufos!??

heres one

it's moving very fast to the northeast, spraying fire-like gas and transforming into two objects, a ball and a cube."It's not a line from a sci-fi movie, but from a tape recording of a conversation between a ground dispatcher and a passenger plane pilot who allegedly chased an unidentified flying object 16 years ago above Shanghai.

www.blogger.com...

sound like a spherical ufo is transporting a cube somewhere!?.the transforming into two objects could just be the clearing of a plasma cloud or something originally obscuring the shape.like this

www.freepatentsonline.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
space.newscientist.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Agree with ussr, LK-1.....75ton or soyuz 7K. Luna series first on moon and all around as well as moon orbit which crashed on earth[ see other thread ]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gniessic
Agree with ussr, LK-1.....75ton or soyuz 7K. Luna series first on moon and all around as well as moon orbit which crashed on earth[ see other thread ]

are they cube like in any way?

do they have an atomic density of lithium or less?.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Just to keep it straight, the cubes were reported to be 2 inches by four inches (2"x4") there was no record of it being four feet (4') on a side. There were no other dimensions given at all.

That's the part that throws me, it would take LOTS of these little cubes to get to 6,000 pounds total weight. Odd, very odd...

Springer...

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

It's between the USA and USSR for that time period. The US with Apollo missions, Space Lab, also secret missions, the USSR did not come close to launch weigths, for that era in space history.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Assuming 100% aluminum and 3 tons, a cube 7.1 feet by 7.1 feet by 7.1 feet (actually a teeny tiny bit more).

Vic

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

It's Lunar Orb-5, 1 Aug 1967, 8 Aug 1967

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Just to keep it straight, the cubes were reported to be 2 inches by four inches (2"x4") there was no record of it being four feet (4') on a side. There were no other dimensions given at all.

That's the part that throws me, it would take LOTS of these little cubes to get to 6,000 pounds total weight. Odd, very odd...

Springer...

precisely,it can only mean the substance was difficult to produce in anything but small amounts!,ala an amorphous lithium alloy ive been talking about!.

look

Abstract. Geometrical disorder is present in many physical situations giving rise to eigenvalue problems. The simplest case of diffusion on a random lattice with fluctuating site connectivities is studied analytically and by exact numerical diagonalizations. Localization of eigenmodes is shown to be induced by geometrical defects, that is sites with abnormally low or large connectivities. We expose a `single defect approximation' (SDA) scheme founded on this mechanism that provides an accurate quantitative description of both extended and localized regions of the spectrum. We then present a systematic diagrammatic expansion allowing to use SDA for finite-dimensional problems, e.g. to determine the localized harmonic modes of amorphous media.

www.iop.org...

like i said,its an amorphous metal!
oh localised state used to be on wiki,but its been taken down!?all the desciptions i can find are advanced,so basically its when the atoms of a structure are arranged so they no longer interact with each other when vibrating or moving,so you can essentially have control of what frequency they vibrate/move at.think of it as a perpetual ,pure vibration,very important with electromagnetism.

oh and heres something ile add so you see the importance of the structure of materials in relation to electromagnetism

These different forms of bonding are largely responsible for the different thermal and electrical properties of conductors and insulators. Both electrical current and heat are transmitted through these solids by the motion of electrons (to be strictly accurate, heat is also transmitted through vibrations of the atomic structure, but we'll ignore this for the moment). In a metallically bonded material the electrons can drift easily between the ion cores, but in a covalently bonded material they have to "hop" from one bond to the next in order to move. In an ionically bonded material the valence electrons are tightly bound to ion-cores which are themselves "tied" to fixed ionic sites in the crystal structure. Thus ionic solids are generally poor conductors, covalent solids may be slightly better, and metals are the best of all.

newton.ex.ac.uk...

ile add more,look

e show that the bistable behavior of a system of structural defects can cause the phase transition from the crystal to the amorphous state in laser fields, which does not produce melting of the crystal lattice

www.springerlink.com...

It is shown on a specific example that fractal boundary conditions drastically alter the properties of wave excitations in space. The low-frequency part of the vibration spectrum of a finite-range fractal drum is computed using an analogy between the Helmoltz equation and the diffusion equation. The irregularity of the frontier is found to influence strongly the density of states at low frequency. The fractal perimeter generates a specific screening effect. Very near the frontier, the decrease of the wave form is related directly to the behavior of the harmonic measure. The possibility of localization of the vibrations is qualitatively discussed and we show that localized modes may exist at l

prola.aps.org...

The present invention includes substantially single-phase lithium metal oxide compounds having hexagonal layered crystal structures that are substantially free of localized cubic spinel-like structural phases. The lithium metal oxides of the invention have the formula LiαMβAγO2, wherein M is one or more transition metals, A is one or more dopants having an average oxidation state N such that +2.5≦N≦+3.5, 0.90≦α≦1.10, and β+γ=1. The present invention also includes dilithiated forms of these compounds, lithium and lithium-ion secondary batteries using these compounds as positive electrode materials, and methods of preparing these compounds.

www.patentstorm.us...

ok last edit
paramagnetism
en.wikipedia.org...
transitional alloy
en.wikipedia.org...

The mono-lithiated complexes, for example, lithium phthalocyanine (LiPc),12–16 lithium naphthalocyanine (LiNc),9–11 and lithium tetraphenylporphyrin (LiTPP)17 are isolated as crystalline solids that exhibit unique structural and paramagnetic properties.

www.rsc.org...

i once again rest my case.

sorry bout all the qouting but i think its important!,so this will be last edit i swear!

Abstract

Lithium borosilicate glasses
with different chromium, manganese and cobalt contents were prepared and heat treated at 480, 580 and 680° C for 5 h. The magnetic susceptibilities of untreated and heat-treated samples were measured. The magnetic susceptibility was found to increase as the Cr2O3, MnO or CoO content increased. The values for magnetic susceptibility were co-related to the relative proportion of valence states of transition elements. The magnetic susceptibilities were found to have random behaviour with heat-treatment temperatures. Samples containing Cr2O3 showed transformations from diamagnetic to paramagnetic behaviour with the increase in Cr2O3 content, which may be due to the change of chromium ions from the high valence to the low valence state.

www.springerlink.com...

if you dont know what im on about read this
www.1911encyclopedia.org...

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I geuss that this makes sense to me.

www.astronautix.com...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
could be a french Ariane rocket. sadly noone suspects the french of anything, they had rocket capability, also they were the third up in space.

no they jumble it up with the European union, however they did send a coralie rocket up in august 4th 1967

en.wikipedia.org...(rocket)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I guess a formidable answer might also be Germany but i don't really have much to back this up right now. If me or anyone else gets something on this previous statement be sure he is going to be back straight away for posting it.

I want to have a more detailed look on the whole of the thread and then i will do my best if my fellow members haven't managed to fill the gaps.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I did some additional research and was unable to find any pictures yet. I did find a document that might help others with time locate pictures.

I believe what they found could be related to this declassified document. It could have been a penetration aid test by one of the nations developing ICBM's at the time. Here is the document from the George Washington Universisty

George Washington University PDF

www.gwu.edu...

I will continue to poke around as I have time. The cubes may have been chaff packs or decoys themselves.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Xeven]

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Xeven]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
We can ascertain from newspaper accounts and documents that have been released under FOIA requests that our government did, in fact, recover objects of unknown origin both overseas and in the United States. We can also ascertain that the military was involved in some aspects with these recoveries.
In December 1965, the military recovered an object of unknown origin in Kecksburg, Pennsylvania. In August 1967, we recovered an object of unknown origin, described as a satellite, in Sudan. In July 1968, we recovered an object of unknown origin in Nepal. This object was described as being in four pieces with one of the pieces said to be of a nose-cone shape.

74.125.47.132...:IGukLFC8UZIJ:www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ufosreal/ufosreal03.htm+mystery+space+debris+sudan+1967&cd=7&hl=en &ct=clnk&gl=us
FOI requests, Air Force denials. Satellite of unknown origin

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join