It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mods, you can't be serious

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I glanced at the article and i am behind it and behind you, HOWEVER, its one of the rules here, so we have to discuss it elsewhere.
Nothing you or I can do.
It is as it is.

I dont find it hard at all to understand. I'm fine with it and if i feel the overwhelming need to talk about it, i know i have to go elsewhere.

I've said enough.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
But dgtempe if this taken from that link is correct

Many Americans, brainwashed for over sixty years by misinformation and lies told by the U.S. government and the DEA, don't even realize that hemp and marijuana are not the same plants. (Many Americans don't even know what hemp is!) To be sure, hemp and marijuana are both members of the same plant genus, Cannabis sativa L., yet they are different species. In The Hemp Manifesto, Robinson explains the difference in this way:

Think of a beagle and a Saint Bernard - both Canis familiaris, but with utterly different looks, capabilities, and personalities. So it is with hemp and marijuana. Hemp is a stalky crop that has been grown for its fiber and edible seed for millennia; it is incapable of getting you stoned.

www.newciv.org...

Bolding mine.

We are not talking about marijuana and drugs.

If half of what that link says about the beneficial properties of hemp are true,then I can see it definitely belongs in a topic of fragile earth.

edit to add welivefortheson link.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by gps777]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan

And if this place is a family website, I'm one of the beatles.
Kids shouldn't be allowed near half of the nonsense posted here. Anybody that grows up reading this stuff* is going to be messed up.

Alaskan, I have to agree with most of your posts, especially this one.

I truly feel sorry for any kid who reads some of the stuff the nut jobs on this site post. Especially stuff like the reptilian crap and whatnot.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The story of hemp is truely a conspiracy. It was brought about by William Randolph Hearst and the Dupont corporation. It's only sad we cannot discuss it on the net's biggets conspiracy site, but it comes down to what Springer once described as the "stonalog", threads touching the topic eventually will develope into.

Now, I've seen a few threads discussing murder cases, but none that has evolved into killing technics, simply because we don't have that many murderes on ATS (if any) as we have users of the substance.

The conspiracy short.

Dupont patented the petro-chemical process of making plastics, and Hearst not just owned the yellow press, but vaste woodlands and the paper pulp industry, beside he was the producer of movies like "Reefer Madness" and others in the propagation of the alleged dangers of the plant. They even invented the m-word for it, to confuse it for what it really was.

Sounds like an old trick, they promoted and succeded in creating fear for the stuff. In the process they sided with Anslinger promoting the idea that marihuana made users act extremely violent -- just like in the movies. Originally he had run the Alcohol Unit of DoT, but running out of work with the end of the prohibition, and now head of the newly established Federal Bureau of Narcotics, he happily jumped the bandwagon (in the days of McCarthyism he would say the exact opposite, that it will pacify you so much that soldiers would not want to fight.)

Here's a snippet --

On April 14, 1937, the Prohibitive Marihuana Tax Law or the bill that outlawed hemp was directly brought to the House Ways and Means Committee. This committee is the only one that can introduce a bill to the House floor without it being debated by other committees. The Chairman of the Ways and Means, Robert Doughton, was a Dupont supporter. He insured that the bill would pass Congress.

Dr. James Woodward, a physician and attorney, testified too late on behalf of the American Medical Association. He told the committee that the reason the AMA had not denounced the Marihuana Tax Law sooner was that the Association had just discovered that marihuana was hemp.

More that many words what hemp is good for, an illustration.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Thread closed

(saw this coming)

<< 1  2   >>

join