It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mods, you can't be serious

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite And, we have to remember, some of our members are below 16, a do recall afew who were below 14.

Also,some of us older ones have seen friends destroyed by it and don't really want to hear about how great it is on here.

I know your thread WASN'T about that but it wouldn't take long for others to spoil it.
It's just the way it always goes.Real life discussions too.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I just think the mod could've deleted the off-topic posts instead of closing an otherwise not bad thread. That is their job right?

And if this place is a family website, I'm one of the beatles.
Kids shouldn't be allowed near half of the nonsense posted here. Anybody that grows up reading this stuff* is going to be messed up.

*talking about the nonsense, not the actual important stuff.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Agreed again... This is an 18+ site for sure.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anubis Kanubis
Agreed again... This is an 18+ site for sure.

Far from it.

The administration has always said, since day one, ATS is a family site and welcomes the contribution of membership from a range of ages.

Some of the best threads on ATS have come from those who are under 18.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Anubis Kanubis

I'm curious..
Which threads would you suggest that be rated as adults only?

I know some of the News events can be pretty graphic..(disasters/war eg).
But there's nothing here to scare the kiddies.

(Then again I was reading Richard Lewis and Guy N Smith books when I was a wee un..
)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

The administration has always said, since day one, ATS is a family site and welcomes the contribution of membership from a range of ages.

They can say what they want, kids are impressionable and it only hurts them to read lie after lie, after lie. A lot of the adults here have a hard time separating fact from fiction, how do you think kids are going to handle some of it?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
I'm curious..
Which threads would you suggest that be rated as adults only?

Anything misleading. period.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
They can say what they want, kids are impressionable and it only hurts them to read lie after lie, after lie. A lot of the adults here have a hard time separating fact from fiction, how do you think kids are going to handle some of it?

I'm not following,
you suggesting that the content on ATS is lies? everyone is entitled to an opinion of ATS, if you don't believe something, it doesn't make it a lie.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
smoke crack and worship satan, it is the only way.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

You'd be quite suprised how resiliant kids are.
You can be sure some of them can syphon off a lot of the doo doo they hear every day.

You really think News channels tell the complete truth?
Maybe BBC once upon a time.

If I can't get a story first hand. I'd prefer to hear it from the next possible source..
Not passed on..misread..re-translated and finally injected with the propaganda that is popular with some channels.

And I've got a very good nose for BS.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Best reply yet.
The lies I'm talking about are the hundreds of threads of made up crap, fake videos, premonitions, channelings, etc, that most people just ignore because they know they're nonsense.

I'm not saying every bit of that stuff is lies, but it's obvious (to me at least) that it almost always is.

And...

You really think News channels tell the complete truth?
Maybe BBC once upon a time.

If I can't get a story first hand. I'd prefer to hear it from the next possible source..
Not passed on..misread..re-translated and finally injected with the propaganda that is popular with some channels.

And I've got a very good nose for BS.

What are you even talking about? I never said anything about news/tv. Just because you think you have a good nose for bs doesn't change the fact that tons of people come here just to make up stories and tell lies.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by alaskan]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
As SO said in one of his posts, there are literally THOUSANDS of boards where you can go to discuss illegal activities, including drugs.

If you want to discuss those things, go to those locations and post away.

But there is only one ATS, that I'm aware, and they work hard to make it a fair and interesting place.

So why get mad at ATS - they're not saying you can't discuss it, just that you can't discuss it -here-.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
You must realize we live in an opiate culture, and any discussion of the benefits of hemp will be suppressed and subverted until such time as the awakening reaches a tipping point that produces a fundamental paradigm shift in our society.

Don't hold your breath. Better yet, don't inhale.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Best reply yet.[

And there goes your credibilty..

What are you even talking about? I never said anything about news/tv. Just because you think you have a good nose for bs doesn't change the fact that tons of people come here just to make up stories and tell lies.

I'll make it easy so you can understand.

Some of us come here to read news on world events because they're printed here on average 1 - 2 days before newspapers.. Just a bit of info for you there.

Yes people DO make up stories on ATS.. and as soon as it's PROVED that they're hoaxing then they're outta here.
MOST contributing members are intelligent and open-minded.

Personally I'm sick of stoners trying to push the wonders of toxic substances whilst vomitting over themselves and repeating the same thing 50 times because they forgot the answer or even the question.:bnghd:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I understood what you meant, but you saying it was completely pointless. Me making one post about hemp isn't going to somehow spawn thousands of people that come here just to ruin your news, which had absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Personally I'm sick of stoners trying to push the wonders of toxic substances whilst vomitting over themselves and repeating the same thing 50 times because they forgot the answer or even the question.

That's the best blanket statement I've heard all week, thanks. Can I have my credibility back? I'll give you a piece of my sense of humor for it.
You can act like you're better than people all you want, but with statements like that you'll be one of the very few to believe it.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This whole thread is ironic. Shouldn't it be trashed for discussing the thing you aren't suppose to be discussing that was discussed in the original post that has already been deleted for discussing that very thing.
Phew! My head is spinning.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
i am curious,where would drugs have to be legalised in order for them to be discussed on this site?.

uk,usa,the host country of the domain/site?.

do you carry a similar attitude towards shady substances such as alcohol,tobacco,steroids,medical opiates and so on?.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by welivefortheson]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Consistency for clarity would help

If topics or discussion of anything illegal i.e murder theft incest rape pedophilia drugs racism etc etc...... there would be very little we could discuss.All of which we have probably read here on ATS at one time or another.Well? I know I have.

This thread www.abovetopsecret.com... tryptamines and God (20 pages)is about drugs and also their affects and confirmed and discussed by members experience`s with them and yet wasn`t closed?.

Not that I wish it to be closed even as anti recreational/experimental illegal drug as I am along with I also disagree with the the authors theories and do find it very dangerous in more ways than the obvious of taking hallucinogens for people.

The different uses for hemp other than smoking it etc would have been interesting to read imo and I`m struggling to see how this can be viewed as dangerous to children or illegal.

I`ve read far worse and dangerous threads which have nothing to do with illegal drugs that young people can read here than the uses for hemp.

Would it be hard to moderate the thread and edit posts if need be if stoner's take opportunity to voice and glorify their habits?

I`m just not seeing what this fuss is about,though I`m seeing inconsistancies in moderation.

Make a ruling fine I can live with that,but then stick to it across the board.
Hard sometimes? yep you bet ya!

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The ideal situation would be to talk about drugs and its potential for abuse and in a negative way, but its not going to happen.
Some will undoubtedly start pushing the stuff and things will get out of hand.
There's not much ATS wont let us talk about. I've seen threads from bodily functions to whatever you can imagine.
ATS only asks one thing; That is, dont mention drugs.
I think we should all be able to comply.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
did you know hemp(as a utility not a substance) has been suppressed by the "powers"?
www.newciv.org...

this adds to my suspicions about the nature of ATS,i dont care,i want to save YOU too!.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join