It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Hillary wins the presidency...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Cons
1. Our military will be reduced to nothing
2. Higher taxes
3. Higher gas prices
4. More pork
5. Economic crisis
6. China and Russia will become more aggressive
7. No missile shield protection
8. Often minimum leadership
9. Greater success of terrorist attacks

Pros
1. Better relationships with foreign countries
2. Monarchical-like power

As you can see, the cons exceed the pros by 4 times. With her lack of experience in leading, Hillary is cancer for this country.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
One through nine on your Con list will happen regardless who is president.

Number two on your Pro list has already happened. (Why is this a pro?)

Which leaves number 1 on that list-- and I don't necessarily share your optimism on that point at all.

Next.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by loam]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

I myself am not a fan of Hillary Clinton, but before I respond to your list I would like to which candidate you are backing?

Way to many pros in your list...lol!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Like I said on another thread, anyone but Hillary Clinton and Rosie O'Donnell.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I don't support Hillary Clinton but isn't it a bit overdramatic to say our military will be reduced to "nothing"?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If Hillary wins the presidency...Hmmm...Here is my opinion:

The first month she is in office she will bring the troops home- (this would cause chaos in Iraq and elsewhere, I am not saying this is a bad thing, but she will do it too quickly) War will breakout in the Middle East.

Next, she will somehow, some way, get Bill into the U.N. as the Head Idiot. (They will probably have a Bilderberg meeting to get that done quickly)

Next she will turn the United States of America into the North American Union. The Dollar will be absorbed into the Euro.

A Union Id card will be required for every citizen of the new Union. The Microchip will become a mandatory necessity shortly after this.

She will get all guns abolished. No more Second Amendment. This in turn will cause mass protests and chaos, from those of us who still believe in that amendment.
For those of us who protest and go against this ruling, we will "probably" be rounded up into cattle cars and quietly moved to concentration camps across the new Union, never to be heard of again.

Actually, "probably" for those of us who protest against anything she writes into law, we will be on those cattle cars as well.

She will somehow, some way, create a law that makes her ruler of the new union, the world and possibly the universe forever or until she dies.

OH, I almost forgot, she will have a mass book burning bonfire in D.C., you know outlaw all reading material, turn us into sheeple, led to the slaughter.
And last but not least, all our freedom of speech on the internet will be abolished.

Of course I say all this in probability, it could be worse or it could be not so bad. I tend to err on the side of caution with this nut case of a woman.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
One thing people have to realize is just because the president is Commander In Chief does not mean he/she gives the orders. The top brass and perhaps the Shadow gov't will never allow Hillary to bring back all the troops home or reduce the military too much. If she tries, the CIA will probably JFK her.

President only has Top Secret level clearance. But there are many more levels above that. Makes sense. Why would you give all your secrets and power to someone who changes every 4 to 8 years? Commander In Chief is just a figurehead position.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647

Cons
2. Higher taxes
3. Higher gas prices
4. More pork
5. Economic crisis

Pros

As you can see, the cons exceed the pros by 4 times. With her lack of experience in leading, Hillary is cancer for this country.

1. Proof this is what she had planned? Or do you mean she will reduce our military invasion of a foreign nation that didn't attack us or was a threat to us down to zero and bring them home? Cause you know having American troops in America... Communism! Right?

2. Hight taxes, on who? You mean she'll eliminate the tax cuts for the top 1% that Bush made since trickle down economics doesn't work, never has and never will?

3. Higher gas prices? Proof? Or are we psychic?

4. More Pork? Bush and the GOP are the Kings, and Queens, of Pork. They spent more in 6 years then Bill did in 8. They spent more in six years then every democrat combined.

5. Uh, you mean unlike the economic crisis we have now with Americans going into bankruptcy and losing their homes over inflating intrests and costs?

6. China and Russia will become more aggressive no matter who is in office so not sure how this is a con against Hilary.

7. Missile Shield gone? Um, first again just psychic or proof of this? Second need for this missile shield? Until say, Iran gets missiles that can hit the US I wouldn't worry about needing a missile shield.

8. Minimum leadership? You mean unlike Bush being on vacation more in his first 9 months in office then any other president in history during their full term? You know, those first nine months in office right before 9/11... Can't get much more minimal then reading about a goat while the nation is under attack from a guy several allied countries warned us was going to attack us with airplanes...

9. Greater Success of terror attacks? You mean greater then the 9/11 attacks, the anthrax attacks, the daily attacks on US troops in Iraq... Sure, again must be psychic...

Pros
1. You mean we won't claim a guy to be a tyrant, kill him, kill more civillians then he did, torture the people, rape their children, then piss on their book that they consider holy? Not too hard to do better with foreign politics then the Bush Administration.

2. ? Uh Bush has done this already. He is the Decider, and if he doesn't like a law he just writes a little addition at the end that usually says "This applies to everyone but me and the people I like."

Well then, now that someone who doesn't think the GOP was sent by God to fight the liberals has responded have fun.

Of course the best way to keep Hilary out and the GOP from destroying this nation is to elect someone who is, get this, a conservative! Something the GOP hasn't had in office for what, 4-5 decades?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

woo, a useless smear thread in which you bring forth no evidence whatsoever to support your trite partisan talking points.

great job

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by Dan5647

woo, a useless smear thread in which you bring forth no evidence whatsoever to support your trite partisan talking points.

great job

That's why you need to call them out on it. Go through and debunk everything like I did. Well, I already did so I guess your job is done, lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HHH Is King

Cons
2. Higher taxes
3. Higher gas prices
4. More pork
5. Economic crisis

Pros

1. Proof this is what she had planned? Or do you mean she will reduce our military invasion of a foreign nation that didn't attack us or was a threat to us down to zero and bring them home? Cause you know having American troops in America... Communism! Right?

2. Hight taxes, on who? You mean she'll eliminate the tax cuts for the top 1% that Bush made since trickle down economics doesn't work, never has and never will?

3. Higher gas prices? Proof? Or are we psychic?

4. More Pork? Bush and the GOP are the Kings, and Queens, of Pork. They spent more in 6 years then Bill did in 8. They spent more in six years then every democrat combined.

5. Uh, you mean unlike the economic crisis we have now with Americans going into bankruptcy and losing their homes over inflating intrests and costs?

6. China and Russia will become more aggressive no matter who is in office so not sure how this is a con against Hilary.

7. Missile Shield gone? Um, first again just psychic or proof of this? Second need for this missile shield? Until say, Iran gets missiles that can hit the US I wouldn't worry about needing a missile shield.

8. Minimum leadership? You mean unlike Bush being on vacation more in his first 9 months in office then any other president in history during their full term? You know, those first nine months in office right before 9/11... Can't get much more minimal then reading about a goat while the nation is under attack from a guy several allied countries warned us was going to attack us with airplanes...

9. Greater Success of terror attacks? You mean greater then the 9/11 attacks, the anthrax attacks, the daily attacks on US troops in Iraq... Sure, again must be psychic...

Pros
1. You mean we won't claim a guy to be a tyrant, kill him, kill more civillians then he did, torture the people, rape their children, then piss on their book that they consider holy? Not too hard to do better with foreign politics then the Bush Administration.

2. ? Uh Bush has done this already. He is the Decider, and if he doesn't like a law he just writes a little addition at the end that usually says "This applies to everyone but me and the people I like."

Well then, now that someone who doesn't think the GOP was sent by God to fight the liberals has responded have fun.

Of course the best way to keep Hilary out and the GOP from destroying this nation is to elect someone who is, get this, a conservative! Something the GOP hasn't had in office for what, 4-5 decades?

nicely said, i couldn't agree with you more !! i was thinking of writing the same thing when i was reading the first post, and when i scrolled down, BAM yours was there lol. I wanna see what dan5647 has to say !

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Cons

Hillary has no interest in reducing the size of our military or our influence (via military) throughout the world. She is running a campaign based on criticism of the current administration. She still wants to continue combat operations in Iraq and have a presence there. She has voted in support of labeling the Iran military as terrorists, which is incorrect. Our defense budget will still be the highest area of spending if Hillary is president.

2. Higher taxes
3. Higher gas prices
4. More pork
5. Economic crisis

Totally agree. Democrats are traditionally for more spending and her healthcare plans don't mean less. Gas prices are more of a global issue than just a national one and unless we drill on our own soil we're going to be paying more. Democrats love pork. The economic crisis is a result of years of neglect from our educational system as well as breakdown of social culture and values, and this won't change unless we do a lot of things to change. China and Russia will become more aggressive regardless.

I think our defenses won't suffer with Hillary in office. She loves power and the military is America's symbol of power in many regions where we will need to be. As far as minimum leadership goes, she's power hungry and an ego maniac. She'll offer maximum leadership, whether that's good or bad.

Definitely. This is going to happen regardless and America needs to get used to it, unfortunately.

Pros

I think we'll experience better relationships with some countries, and worse with others. While this is probably unavoidable regardless of who is in office, Hillary may be more willing to make our nation more open to other entities which doesn't run smoothly.

It's not just lack of experience that makes her bad for this country. If America wants change, they should not vote for Hillary. She's very similar to Bush on a variety of unpopular issues.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Note I don't get agree with this logic but this is still a point I want to raise.
There was a time when you got labelled Anti American for pointing out that the US handling of post Saddam Iraq was botched and just for questioning Bush policy's in general. Now if Hillary does get elected by the very standard they set the American right will be Anti American.

You reek what you sow.

new topics

top topics

join