It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New US Military Technology - the Exoskeleton

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

this country loves war...lives it, breathes it. we spend more money on war making, then all the other countries combined. for anyone to say we are a peace loving country is full of crap. let's just admit it, and see if we can move toward a less threatening type of engagement with other countries. this country is like a 25 year old gangsta, telling all the older and more wiser countries how to run their life. they've been through it for thousands of years and know it just doesn't work.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Nah, a much better description would be that the U.S. is a country that will do everything it takes to not be on the losing end (militarily) of any war it becomes involved in. The other U.S. goal is to always fight in someone else's country
In other words, the U.S. does what it has to do so that it never finds itself in a fair (to the other country) fight.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Actually this is a huge break for our military foot soldiers so to speak. As for the advantage it gives a pretty big one compared to the rest of the country's out there. Yes i do see that it currently has a bulk to it but you have to think about the ability it gives the ground troops and the armor it provides.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
They probably have technology more advanced than that, but we just don't hear about it. I check CNN a lot, but I never saw this video...I bet it wasn't up long...

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

this is actually a primitive version of crytek's infamous Nanosuit in the popular game Crysis.

Link

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Thats the same nation that for the second time in the past 50 years is about to be humbled by a group of guerillas and insurgents with nothing more than AK's and a little enginuity??

That's ingenuity, champ!
So the first time they almost got humbled also? You said twice they've almost got humbled, right? Where is this second almost at? Iraq? Afghanistan? If either of those are almost humbling for the Americans, I'm a monkey's uncle!
The internet was developed by the US military, then given to MIT for development as a civilian application. HTML was invented by a Brit.
Your CPU was invented in America, as were liquid crystal displays,floppy disks, cd's, your operating system, CCD's for digital cameras, ipod, plasma tv's, satellites, the hard drive, RAM, radio, telephone, radar, mainframe computing, clustering, search engines......... Japan gave the world playstation, nintendo, dvd's and errr.......

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Nah, a much better description would be that the U.S. is a country that will do everything it takes to not be on the losing end (militarily) of any war it becomes involved in. The other U.S. goal is to always fight in someone else's country
In other words, the U.S. does what it has to do so that it never finds itself in a fair (to the other country) fight.

This is one of the funniest posts I have read in quite a while.

What is a fair war? I have never heard of such a thing.

What maybe you think we should, I don't know, train and arm anyone we want to fight? And tell me, what country in the history of the Earth hasn't or doesn't do everything it takes to not be on the losing end of a war?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cruzion

Don't forget that TCP/IP was first successfully tested in Ca. in 69 and the first web browser was developed at the U of I in Champaign, Il.

UNIX was created at Berkeley. Windows of course had its orgins at Xerox, then Apple and Microsoft took it to where it is now.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Oh!
And GPS.
Cullular networks and phones.
The electronic calculator.
Solar panels.
Silicon chips.
Lithium batteries...
and there's..
Photoshop, Quark, Cubase, Dreamweaver, 3dsMax, SQL, Apache etc.etc.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
WOW! That is very impressive. The only draw back would be the energy source. If they could get at least 8 hours of work time with it on a full charge then that is all that's needed for 3 shifts. One recharging while the others being used. This would be good in shipping/receiving. I don't know about combat yet but who knows what they will come up with next.

carbon nanotube capacitors are looking good as a fast charge high output power source. Also consider that hybrids generate large amounts of electricity.. So you'd always be close to power. Liquid to electric power will most likely be in wide spread use in the future. I'd guess something like a biofilm infused nanotube structure to pump electrons threw nano diodes to charge nanocaps.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This video is fairly old. This suit is a really good start but wouldn’t be practical for anything other than loading and unloading.

I am designing a full suit that makes every part of your body much more functional. The suit is designed to fit around the whole body rather than just the sides and back. My suit has laser sighting functions and a battle map that is displayed on the visor. It is being designed for the military and can also be used in Space. It does many other things but I don’t feel like typing much more.

The big difficulty to overcome is powering the suit. It takes a fairly large amount of power to get the system fully operational.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
yeah thats about right... make a new technology that could help a million disabled people and use it to kill or disable a million others instead!!

gotta love the irony!

fighting for peace is like shouting for silence!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

Yeah, with this the soldier can also be heavier armored.

There is a logic in heavier weapons for those who are able to use them, and they ARE able to fight bigger enemies this way.

I think the exoskeleton will e used mostly to boost the capabilities of tiny soldiers, that is more cost effective, and the suit could be remote activated and deactivated so that when the soldier is done with his mission or campaign, then the suit shuts down and the soldier becomes a weakling again without the necessary strength, speed or stamina to fight against any oppressive regime even if he had any weapons which he of course will not have.

The operators of these exoskeletons will no doubt be stupid but well trained, small and weak and scrawny, and totally brainwashed. But this will become the achilles-heel, because physical fitness increases brain power and hence intelligence, and "the powers that be" can't have that, now can they...
but perhaps increased individual dosing of fluoride and other poisons in peoples drinking water (what the mandatory excess junction on the water main of every house and apartment in the USA now is for...) will take care of this problem so people can be allowed to stay healthy and regular sized so their organs can be harvested for the elite, but I don't think they will be so generous. Instead they will probably opt for solution number one, and genetically breed or modify people into having larger organs of use for transplantation, but very little else.

well I got a little off topic here, but about heavier weapons:

The .458 SOCOM and the .50 caliber rifle are now illegal, and all that is left of the long range sniper grade heavy calibers are the .338 LM and the .408 cheytac, which are considerably less powerful, and I have no doubt that the .50 was the thing that would be needed to breach superheavy personal armour, but I will do my best with my .338 LM, but I do not think it will be very easy even with that caliber. Perhaps with steel core, but those haven't become mandatory yet.

So in short, the exoskeleton will bring the american elite soldier into the league of we standard Norwegian rangers.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Rocambole]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by realism
yeah thats about right... make a new technology that could help a million disabled people and use it to kill or disable a million others instead!!

gotta love the irony!

fighting for peace is like shouting for silence!

I do not recall anyone saying that this machine would not be used to help the disabled.

There are, however, emerging Bio-technology's that will go to great lengths in helping the disabled in the near term future.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

well that will balance it all out then hey!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohmymathew
This video is fairly old. This suit is a really good start but wouldn’t be practical for anything other than loading and unloading.

I am designing a full suit that makes every part of your body much more functional. The suit is designed to fit around the whole body rather than just the sides and back. My suit has laser sighting functions and a battle map that is displayed on the visor. It is being designed for the military and can also be used in Space. It does many other things but I don’t feel like typing much more.

The big difficulty to overcome is powering the suit. It takes a fairly large amount of power to get the system fully operational.

Hello again matthew!

I think the big problem with all of these suits is energy. One thing that I believe will help is this printable solar panel cells. While they will not Fully power a suit they will help. Also installing motors that when not activated create electricity by doing the reverse might be a good idea. In the end though... I see Light Weight Generators using advanced technology being the anwser and I see a great future in it... also lithium ion... it rocks.

If you ever need a test dummy you give me a shout to my email. Or if you would just like to converse on ideas that would be cool too.

I have no doubt that the Military has better suits then the ones advertised... But why should they show the world their technology just so it can be exploited? Be careful when exploiting The U.S. Government people... Your freedoms are the ones you put at risk.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
hmmm let me see big more than likely elictrically based exoskeleton, has any one thought what would happen if it was attacked using EMP technology??

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Fiber Optics.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
even using fibre optics there would still be a metal cable based system to generate the light. No doubt the US military will want to merge the exoskeleton ino its digital link system which allows all parts of the force to interact, locate and communicate with each other, this would require a transmitter and reciever which cannot be sheilded and there fore create a pathway for an EMP to take into the suits workings. :/

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast

I do not recall anyone saying that this machine would not be used to help the disabled.

There are, however, emerging Bio-technology's that will go to great lengths in helping the disabled in the near term future.

Yes of course many military technology eventually comes to public use for help, but I see what she is saying, for this technology to happen, they design it to KILL! that was their first motive, isn't that just pathetic in this so called advanced time, when goverments spend all their money on weapons and technology to "KILL" instead of actual things that were created to help, It should have been created to help people in the first place.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join