It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tunguska, Siberia Incident

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
In June of 1908 something happened in Tunguska Siberia that has yet to be fully explained today.

"Explanations have ranged from the ridiculous to the credible. Some have suggested it was a black hole. Others have wondered if it was a piece of anti-matter. A Japanese UFO group (Sakura), headed by Kozo Kowai, are convinced that it was the explosion of the nuclear power plant of an errant space vehicle belonging to extraterrestrials. Today most scientists point to a comet or a stony asteroid being the cosmic culprit."

www.usm.maine.edu...

I saw a television special on this a while ago and became interested when I stumbled across a web site for it just moments ago. Does anyone have any theories?

PS Forgive me if there is another thread, but the search feature failed to find it.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Lots of images for you...

Tungusa

Page through. Quite a few of all types.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
No thats completely wrong! No offence but its telsas deathray. www.techtv.com...
Or its Smokey the Bears' arched enemy Choppy the lumberjack

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
widely theorise to have been caused by asteroids, the blast has more in comment with the explosion of a thermo nuclear bomb.

Exept we didn't have those then

Tunguska rules

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BruceAkolD
widely theorise to have been caused by asteroids, the blast has more in comment with the explosion of a thermo nuclear bomb.

Exept we didn't have those then

Tunguska rules

It has the strength of a nuclear explosion. Which many asteroids could, especially if they airburst.

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
More Links

www.tmeg.com...

www.psi.edu...

www.galisteo.com...

www.orc.ru...

THE TECTONIC INTERPRETATION OF THE 1908 TUNGUSKA EVENT
www.geocities.com...

english.pravda.ru...

A site of many, many links to the subject.
www.mysteries-megasite.com...

www.space.com...

Damn, the more I read about it the more natural, although strange, of a phenomenom it seems.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Most seem to think it was a comet I could be wrong but wouldnt a black hole have just imploded AT LEAST the earth and possibly the whole solar system?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
No thats completely wrong! No offence but its telsas deathray. www.techtv.com...

See, if that was the case the government would do everything in their power to recreate it and use it as a weapon.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

It has the strength of a nuclear explosion. Which many asteroids could, especially if they airburst.

You misunderstand my friend, I apologise for not making myself clearer. I am aware that asteroids can have the strength of one if not several nuclear explosions. I am refering to the genectic mutation of animal and plant life in the area, certain scorch marks and a habit of making camera equipment faulter and reading radation hot spots on giger counters

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

See, if that was the case the government would do everything in their power to recreate it and use it as a weapon.

....I believe its' called HAARP...

also, remember the Tether that almost fried the Shuttle a few years back, just some more Tesla stuff
(misunderstood & mal-applied?!)

good heads up, Vegemite
thanks for links, Jonna
enjoy the journey

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

widely theorise to have been caused by asteroids

Would a crater not have formed?

Iv heard theories that the US Military were testing Tesla's work.

Deep

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The great man Nikola Tesla caused the great Tungusta Explosion. At least all things seem to point to him - with that great electrical experiment he did. Go look it up, it seems the most plausible explanation. : )

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Or its Smokey the Bears' arched enemy Choppy the lumberjack

Although i do believe it could have been Tesla and his 'Death Ray', i think its a bit much to come out and just blatantly state no your wrong!!! were not here to tell who right and wrong but to swap ideas... but definately Tesla was a genius with no recognition in his time

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It was an asteroid, guys. Not what you think.

The World we live doesn't always have different shades of colors, sometimes just black and white.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
yeah, i think it was a meteorite that just airbursted... it's happened. i've actually seen it happen once with a small one. it was amazing

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Can you elaborate further with this claim of yours?
You will provide the anxious members with some credible proof will you not?

Deep

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I lean toward this myself although I of course can not prove it. Someone mentioned radiation, I'm not sure but couldnt the impact have caused some of it? Maybe it had some radioactive elements in it?

I would not totally rule out a UFO but as a rule the simplest answer is usually the right one

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
There is some people out there that think it was the crash of a very large spaceship too. Not too sure about that idea though.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Can you elaborate further with this claim of yours?
You will provide the anxious members with some credible proof will you not?

As much as I would like to, I can't. But I'm pretty sure there are many people who can...Sorry.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
There is some people out there that think it was the crash of a very large spaceship too. Not too sure about that idea though.

Have you seen the report on Sci Fi or History Channel.?They say that it was an Alien spaceship which crashed landed on Earth and they even have videos of Russian agents (KGJ or KBJ or what is it called?) going there and retrieving Alien bodies? Kinda like Roosevelt incident here on U.S.

I and most "credible" people who I have met first hand have said that it was a meteor, nothing else.

Sorry guys, no Aliens.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join