It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth - Island Base?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
26'17'29.79 South
80'04'49.76 West

Off the West coast of South America...

img507.imageshack.us...

img89.imageshack.us...

img148.imageshack.us...

Can anyone tell me what this may be? Just a random mil installation?

--------------------------------------
URLed pics - stretching page

[edit on 28/11/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
here you go.....

There is a single-runway military airfield in San Félix (ICAO code: SCFX).
Altitude 165ft
Magnetic Deviation E7.226°

RWY 11 APPR 113°
RWY 29 APPR 293°
Length 6562x98 ASP

There are no permanent sources of fresh water on the islands. Vertebrates inhabiting both islands are exclusively limited to birds. Ten species of marine birds and one land bird species, some of them endangered, make their nests on or visit the islands.

Because of their isolation and difficulty of access, there are no human settlements on these islands, but a detachment of the Chilean Navy is stationed on Isla San Félix.

hope this
snoopyuk

[edit on 28-11-2007 by snoopyuk]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
One way or the other its rather interesting.
It looks like a helluva runway as well. It might be that theres nothing to compare it too...
The runway appears to be compensatory, for a varied fleet of aircraft.
I'm not one to raise questions but if theres nothing there, why have a small base on it? I see what may be tennis courts. R & R maybe?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Apparantly it will become a Super Secret Military Facility ( SSMF ) where they test UFO's and new super magnetic water filters to allow the soulcatcher on the moon to get a lock on dying human souls beneeth the ocean. At least .. thats what most of you want, isnt it?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Of course that's what we all want, we're all rabid, conspiracy-mad nutjobs who don't live in the same world as you, which your salty-ass response proves must be very fine indeed.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Of course that's what we all want, we're all rabid, conspiracy-mad nutjobs who don't live in the same world as you, which your salty-ass response proves must be very fine indeed.

good reponse lol. Anyhow i was always wondering where all of those "chemtrail" spraying jets refuel and doc at. Supposedly they do not land in the united states and are spraying international skies. Always assumed they had some hidden remote island somewhere to land at but thats just the "conspiracy-mad nutjob" in me thinking outload.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Loki

Well, I did get a star, and you didnt

I'm sorry my response didnt match your reality!

[edit on 30-11-2007 by tep200377]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiwynn
The runway appears to be compensatory, for a varied fleet of aircraft.
I'm not one to raise questions but if theres nothing there, why have a small base on it? I see what may be tennis courts. R & R maybe?

I'm a bit lost on the compensatory runway bit.

My guess would be a training facility for the Chilean military.

Looks like, with the runway's direction spanning the longest part of the island, it may be aligned with the generally prevailing wind which is a nice piece of luck.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Duplicate post.

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Desert Dawg]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Turns out to be a Chilean military airport etc.

Name: Isla San Felix.

More info here: maps.google.com...,0.028123&t=k&hl=en&ll=-26.293864,-80.096214&fc=1

Kaiwynn, now that I've found it on Google Earth I see the other runways.
Fwiw - called crosswind runways most places.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Dont get discouraged. Keep on using google earth that way and you will eventually find something REALLY secret.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

The Runway seems large enough to compensate for larger aircraft. I'm not sure, it may be that it runs from one end of the island to the other. But if it is large then one might ask why. Do they expect a large cargo Plane or a Cessna?
I don't know, I'm not an aviator. Just seemed like a long ass runway.

It just seem a bit od to have a base in the middle nowhere for no reason, but I'm no Nautical guy either. Im also no Military guy so I have no idea what it would be for. But, hey, its there.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Kaiwynn, it does look long enough to handle the smaller jetliner size - 2 & 3 engine - aircraft.
I'm guessing that the Chilean Air Force may have older C-130's for cargo hauling.
Fuel - if any - is probably brought out by a small tanker.
If a fuel dump isn't seen, many times there will be buoys off shore a little ways - depending on the depth of the water - and offloading can be done in deep water.
Deep enough for ship safety anyway.

Since the Chilean military is involved, it looks like a good way to go for them.
Fairly isolated and far enough away that the weekend sailor won't be wandering around.

They may do like Southern Californias Mugu Naval Weapons Air Station does . . . they issue warnings to Mariners to stay out of the Pacific Missile Range and station a boat or ship offshore to keep an eye out for transgressors.
More for safety than for secret weapons etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A queston about Google Earth.

Are some of you using the subscription version where you pay?
It seems like the free version is getting better, but getting below 1000' is about it for good clear viewing for me.

Some of the screen shots others have posted seem very clear.

If you do subscribe, do you think it's worth the money?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Sorry, but I us the free version of Google Earth.
They released a new version recently. Maybe grab it of you dont have it, it may make the difference. It didnt change much for me, it still shows a huge grass field instead of the local Wal Mart which was built 2 years ago.

new topics

top topics

join