It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World’s 10 Worst Dictators

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

OK, fine, no Caucasians appear on there. ALSO, conceding still doesn't mean jack squat from a legal standpoint.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
That is a good list that I whole heartedly agree with. I find it preposterous that people want to see Bush ranking up there with criminals of such degree. If only they had the slightest idea of how life would be under these characters. Bush has been a decent president, perhaps not the best, but he did a great job with what he could, considering he faced one of the greatest national tragedies in the history of the U.S.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

That Amero-Israeli flag makes me wanna barf and therefore I think your opinion should be taken with a grain of salt!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Sure. Rant all you like.

Just not on their networks.

You see, they don't HAVE to kill you. They don't even have to toss you in prison. Maybe they just ignore you. You have the right to speak deasn't ay anything about the right to be heard! but, you have benn heard. No?

You aren't even on the radar screen.

[edit on 11/26/2007 by rockets red glare]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rockets red glare

You do know that was an excessive quote with no original content, right?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I looked at this thread on the main page and thought "Oh jeez, here we go again with a subject where someone is bound to bring up the 'George Bush is a dictator too' rant." That didn't take long, did it (2nd or 3rd posted reply down)?

What is funny, and nobody seems to want to bring this up, is I notice a couple of these out of the top ten are Muslims. How many of these "dictators" are self-proclaimed "Christians"? (crickets chirping)

Somebody mentioned that post-counts were going to go down after George Bush is out of office. (I'm lazy today, my fingers are sore) I think so too, but not for the same reason. There are enough under-educated people out there to actually elect our next Democratic president. If they did their homework, they'd see that we are closer to being under a dictatorship while a Democrat is in office compared to with what we have currently. I'll bet one of the first assaults on our voices will be regulating the internet; this is especially the case if Hillary gets in. The silencing of an opinion that one doesn't like is a pillar common to all dictatorships, is it not?

Interesting list! Thanks to the Original Poster. I learned a little today!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The original artical is out of date; Saparmurat Niyazov died in December 2006:

Wikipedia article on Turkmenbashi

I believe the article contains other factual errors as well.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

The original artical is out of date; Saparmurat Niyazov died in December 2006:

Wikipedia article on Turkmenbashi

I believe the article contains other factual errors as well.

My bad here is the current list:

There are more than 70 countries ruled by dictators who exercise arbitrary authority over their citizens and who cannot be removed from power through legal means. These tyrants suppress the freedoms of speech and religion, and the right to a fair trial. Some also commit torture, execute opponents and starve their own people. PARADE's annual list is drawn in part on reports from Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International, Reporters Without Borders and the U.S. State Department. Notably, there are two leaders who did not make this year's list: Saparmurat Niyazov of Turkmenistan, No. 8 last year, died in December; and Fidel Castro, No. 15, relinquished power in Cuba to his brother Raul on July 31. Among the newcomers are Hosni Mubarak of Egypt and Vladimir Putin of Russia. Some who moved up in rank are Iran's Ayatollah Khamenei, Hu Jintao of China, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia and Bashar al-Assad of Syria. But by no means does this indicate that those whom they passed showed improvements.
new list

you decide who is the worst.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Clinton and his group of slimballs had to be on that list in the 90s.
No... I guess most on the list are not cowards...just brutal. Hell Castro needs to be on that list and the Saudi Royal family too.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Clinton and his group of slimballs had to be on that list in the 90s.
No... I guess most on the list are not cowards...just brutal. Hell Castro needs to be on that list and the Saudi Royal family too.

like him?

No. 5

King Abdullah
Saudi Arabia.
Age 83.
In power since 1995.
Last year’s rank: 7

number 5

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

Clinton? Get over it, people liked him and no matter his private life, he was a real president, like Reagan. I dont discriminate.

Castro screwed many over the years but he's not a threat in his little retreat and he's going to croak like a frog real soon. Hope its sooner than later. He doesnt have Communism, he's got chaos and poverty and oppression, but if you kiss his ever loving butt, he takes care of you, i hear. Gives toasters to the housewifes every twenty years, how cool is that!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
lol @ "George Bush should be on there"...

Yeah he might be a bit of an idiot and be out for unfair personal and national gain, but at least he isn't slaughtering you in your own country!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Your list is good with one exception: Belarus isn't up there, and Belarus has the most dictatorial regime in all of "Europe", if you consider Belarus in Europe.

Their leader is passionately hated by the West and is a product of the Soviet Cold War Era.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang

Your list is good with one exception: Belarus isn't up there, and Belarus has the most dictatorial regime in all of "Europe", if you consider Belarus in Europe.

Their leader is passionately hated by the West and is a product of the Soviet Cold War Era.

And it comes in at number 14

No. 14

Aleksandr Lukashenko
Belarus
In power since 1994.
Last year’s rank: 14

[edit on 26-11-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
World's Favorite Dictators

Sadly, this world of ours is built like that and it supports such people to be in control. This list names several dictators, who rule countries, which are in business or are protected by the Western superpowers. Like the recent developments in Burma, which have highlighted the critical situation going on there - but nothing changes, since the Military hunta is in cooperation with several western oil and gas companies and other carthels. Or Turkmenistan - where they do not want anymore Russian but American military bases. And let us remember the Riggs Bank - Washington-based bank into which most of Equatorial Guinea's oil revenues were paid until recently, and which also banked for Chile's Augusto Pinochet - the Senate report, as to Equatorial Guinea, showed that at least $35 million were siphoned off by Obiang, his family and senior officials of his regime. Oh such sympatgy for the Devil. And last but not least - Saudi Arabia, which enjoys almost international immunty, because they are in alliance with the United States, sell them oil and they get nice miltiary jets in return.

Yes - such a nice list if you go and look into it...

So - my question is:

WHO wants this dicators to go away if they are good for business and political influence in certain parts of this world?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

As long as they serve their purpose, they are assets to us, sad but true. When they out live their usefulness we turn on them often branding them as ruthless dictators, like it is new News... Saddam Hussein is a good example of this.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

But if you look at it like that, you can see that these ruthless dictators are often a creation of the superpowers, which want certain influence in parts of the world. Which means, that these superpowers are even worse then the petty dictators, which they create. And that also means, these superpowers should be held responsible for the deaths, caused by the support of this dictators.

[edit on 26/11/07 by Souljah]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

But if you look at it like that, you can see that these ruthless dictators are often a creation of the superpowers, which want certain influence in parts of the world. Which means, that these superpowers are even worse then the petty dictators, which they create. And that also means, these superpowers should be held responsible for the deaths, caused by the support of this dictators.

[edit on 26/11/07 by Souljah]

If it wasn't for us many of these people would not be in power, so we do bare most of the responsibility of what has occurred under there reigns.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
My question is WHERE does George Bush rank according to this scale?

I knew this statement would be part of of this thread sometime, but sure didn't wait long to have one of our naive members post it.

Did you get the part of the definition where it says that a dictator cannot be removed from power be legal means?

We vote every four years and there is impeachment - if the person truly derserves it.

[edit on 11/26/2007 by centurion1211]

DCP

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
the closest America has ever been to a dictator would have been Lincoln....with FDR second.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join