It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was he?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   

The image above is a mosaic from "The House of Dionysus" in Paphos Cyprus
- c. 4th Century CE.

This Divine Child with a halo looks shockingly similar to the infant Jesus,
but in fact, it is the Pagan savior Osiris.

The following is a bit long, but well worth the read. I had no idea how many similarities exist between Jesus and the previous "pagan" gods and prophets, which were around long before the story of Christ.

WHO WAS HE?

- He was born of the virgin Maya, who was considered the "Queen of Heaven.
- He was of royal descent.
- He crushed a serpent's head.
- He performed miracles and wonders, healed the sick, fed 500 men from a "small basket of cakes," and walked on water.
- He abolished idolatry, was a "sower of the word," and preached "the establishment of a kingdom of righteousness."
- He taught chastity, temperance, tolerance, compassion, love, and the equality of all.
- He was transfigured on a mount.
- He was crucified in a sin-atonement, suffered for three days in hell, and was resurrected.
- He ascended to "heaven."

HE WAS...BUDDHA
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- He contributed the name of Jesus Christ. He and his once-and-future Father, are frequently interchangeable in the mythos ("I and my Father are one").
- He was born of the virgin Meri on December 25th in a cave/manger, with his birth being announced by a star in the East and attended by three wise men.
- He was a child teacher in the Temple and was baptized when he was 30 years old. He was also baptized by "Anup the Baptizer," who becomes "John the Baptist."
- He had 12 disciples.
- He performed miracles and raised one man, el-Azar-us, from the dead.
- He walked on water.
- He was transfigured on the Mount.
- He was crucified, buried in a tomb and resurrected.
- He was also the "Way, the Truth, the Light, the Messiah, God's Anointed Son, the Son of Man, the Good Shepherd, the Lamb of God, the Word" etc.
- He was "the Fisher," and was associated with the Lamb, Lion and Fish.
- His personal epithet was "Iusa," the "ever-becoming son" of "Ptah," the "Father."
- HE was called "the KRST," or "Anointed One," long before the Christians duplicated the story.
- In the catacombs at Rome are pictures of Him as a baby being held by his virgin mother.

HE WAS... the Egyptian God HORUS

(The ancient Egyptians also adopted the cross as a religious symbol of their pagan gods. Countless Egyptians drawings depict themselves holding crosses in their hands. Among them, the Egyptian savior Horus is depicted holding a cross in his hand. He is also depicted as an infant sitting on his mother's knee with a cross on the seat they occupy. The most common of the crosses used by these pagan Egyptians, the crux ansata, was later adopted by the Christians)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- He was born on December 25th.
- He was considered a great traveling teacher and master.
- He had 12 companions or disciples.
- He performed miracles.
- He was buried in a tomb.
- After three days he rose again.
- His resurrection was celebrated every year.
- He was called "the Good Shepherd."
- He was considered "the Way, the Truth and the Light, the Redeemer, the Savior, the Messiah."
- He was identified with both the Lion and the Lamb.
- His sacred day was Sunday, "the Lord's Day," hundreds of years before the appearance of Christ.
- He had his principal festival on what was later to become Easter, at which time he was resurrected.
- His religion had a Eucharist or "Lord's Supper."

HE WAS... MITHRA

("He who will not eat of my body and drink of my blood, so that he will be made on with me and I with him, the same shall not know salvation." An inscription to Mithras which parallels John 6:53-54. This inscription is inside the vatican... in the tomb of saint peter.)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- Born of a Virgin
- His father was a carpenter.
- His birth was attended by angels, wise men and shepherds, and he was presented with gold, frankincense and myrrh.
- He was persecuted by a tyrant who ordered the slaughter of thousands of infants.
- He was of royal descent.
- He was baptized in A river.
- He worked miracles and wonders.
- He raised the dead and healed lepers, the deaf and the blind.
- He used parables to teach the people about charity and love.
- "He lived poor and he loved the poor."
- He was transfigured in front of his disciples.
- In some traditions he died on a tree or was crucified between two thieves.
- He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven.
- He is called the "Shepherd God" and "Lord of lords," and was considered "the Redeemer, Firstborn, Sin Bearer, Liberator, Universal Word."
- He is the second person of the Trinity, and proclaimed himself the "Resurrection" and the "way to the Father."
- He was considered the "Beginning, the Middle and the End," ("Alpha and Omega"), as well as being omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. - His disciples bestowed upon him the title "Jezeus," meaning "pure essence."
- He is to return to do battle with the "Prince of Evil," who will desolate the earth

HE WAS... KRISHNA

(The similarities between the Christian character and the Indian messiah are many. Indeed, Massey finds over 100 similarities between the Hindu and Christian saviors, and Graves, who includes the various noncanonical gospels in his analysis, lists over 300 likenesses. It should be noted that a common earlier English spelling of Krishna was "Christna," which reveals its relation to '"Christ." It should also be noted that, like the Jewish godman, many people have believed in a historical, carnalized Krishna)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

- God was his father
- He was born in a cave or cowshed.
- A human woman, a virgin, was his mother.
- His birth was prophesized by a star in the heavens.
- At a marriage ceremony, he performed the miracle of converting water into wine.
- He was powerless to perform miracles in his hometown.
- His followers were born-again through baptism in water.
- He rode triumphantly into a city on a donkey. Tradition records that the inhabitants waved palm leaves.
- He had 12 disciples.
- He was accused of licentious behavior.
- He was killed near the time of the Vernal Equinox, about MAR-21.
- He died "as a sacrifice for the sins of the world."
- He was hung on a tree, stake, or cross.
- After death, he descended into hell.
- On the third day after his death, he returned to life.
- The cave where he was laid was visited by three of his female followers.
- He later ascended to heaven.
- His titles: God made flesh. Savior of the world Son of God.
- He is "God made man," and equal to the Father.
- He will return in the last days.
- He will judge the human race at that time.
- Humans are separated from God by original sin. The godman's sacrificial death reunites the believer with God and atones for the original sin.

HE WAS... OSIRIS-DIONYSUS
www.entheology.org...

Something to think about, anyways...

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I think this is a good post. Very interesting find!

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Yep. Cool post.
But go back even further and you can see that even Osiris was a copy of previous Gods. He started out as a corn God and then got elevated to major player.

Here's a pretty cool site that gives you a run down on Egyptian beliefs.

www.touregypt.net...

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
and all of them are right? One has to be right, and it takes conscience and miracles to know who is right. Jesus had twelve apostles who are
literally here today although they are ordained from the apostles through the years. Jesus created a global scripture, his apostles wrote it, jesus really existed and worked
numerous miracles during his life. The God of the OT talke abou his coming since the world began. he is the God of israel. He fullfilled the prophecies from the prophets. he died for th
sins of the world. e is globaly known as prophecies predicted ect..

many differences between story book jesus's and real life Jesus.

peace.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

and all of them are right? One has to be right, and it takes conscience and miracles to know who is right. Jesus had twelve apostles who are
literally here today although they are ordained from the apostles through the years. Jesus created a global scripture, his apostles wrote it, Jesus really existed and worked
numerous miracles during his life. The God of the OT talke about his coming since the world began. he is the God of Israel. He fulfilled the prophecies from the prophets. he died for th
sins of the world. e is globally known as prophecies predicted etc..

many differences between story book jesus's and real life Jesus.

peace.

So it's all just a HUGE coincidence that so many holy men and prophets that existed centuries before Christ just happen to have so many common characteristics as the Jesus of the Bible? What makes you SO POSITIVE that the beliefs you hold to be true are more valid than the beliefs that they held? And don't give me the typical answer, "The Bible must be the one and only Truth, because it says it is." That response is absurd at best.

I don't doubt the teachings of Christ were inspired, but that is because they echo the same timeless truths that permeate other ancient faiths, such as Hinduism and Buddhism. The fact that Jesus, Buddha, and Krishna all brought the same message to the people they taught, is a good indication that their message was true.

It was not Jesus' apostles who wrote the scriptures. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were not included in the 12 disciples, and with the exception of John, they did not even live during Jesus' lifetime. John was the ONLY one to actually witness Christ or his teaching.

Hindus believe that whenever profound evil spreads widely throughout the earth, the Supreme Being comes to earth in the form of a human person "in order to uproot vice and to establish virtue so that the earth may get rid of sinners."
They also believe in a trinity, made up of three Gods that exist as one.

I realize that it is difficult to allow for the possibility that the Truth of God may be contained within more than just the "infallible" Bible that was written FOR THE JEWS, but the Word of God is not the Bible. It is the Spirit and Truth of God that has been given to all people throughout history. Just because a faith has a different name or the details are different than your own, doesn't make it wrong. If it contains the Truth, then it is the Word of God and should not be ignored out of imagined superiority. You may miss something that God wanted you to know.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Jesus died so that man can sin all he wants???????
Thanks man,

Books are wonderful things. Especially fiction.
Sometimes they can be so well researched that one could think the story was true fact. Ever since man came down from the trees religion beget religion for the very purpose of finding the most effective one.

Organized religion was Created by man to control the masses. What's a better story than to be told that a God, a know it all creator of the earth is watching after you and if you want to win favor with him you must worship him, honor him, live your life as he sees fit. Kind of like our bosses at work.

Christianity has been one of the most successful religions. It's premise is fear and guilt.

Millions of people have been killed for their disbelief in this religion just to show the rest of the world that it is the right one.

And I have to go to work....

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reluctant-messenger.com...

The Christ Consciousness returns every dispensation....

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by Tesla]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is a very good post...... Kinda makes me go hmmmmmm

I am a Christian and I have researched other religions before but I have to say this is the first it has been laid out before me like this.

This can only mean one of two things..

1. All of this is myth and there is no God.

2. Since all of these men were preaching the same message they could all be the sons of God and all sent to spread the message of God.

Very Interesting nonetheless.

Here is a chart I found pointing out the similarites between Jesus and other God Sons.

www.bluehoney.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Christians needed to use other gods, prophets etc, to help spread the word of christ. People need something to relate to. So the took bits and pieces from other well known religions and incorporated them into their stories.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
This is a very good post...... Kinda makes me go hmmmmmm

I am a Christian and I have researched other religions before but I have to say this is the first it has been laid out before me like this.

2. Since all of these men were preaching the same message they could all be the sons of God and all sent to spread the message of God.

This is what I have come to believe personally. It seems silly to me, to think that Jesus alone brought the only message ever given to mankind from God.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
Christians needed to use other gods, prophets etc, to help spread the word of christ. People need something to relate to. So the took bits and pieces from other well known religions and incorporated them into their stories.

There is no account of what Jesus did from his birth until he started preaching in his 30s. It is thought that during this time he travelled to Egypt. It wasn't necessarily the church which took the Egyptian religions and incorporated them but more probably Jesus himself.

Religions evolve from one another. We know according to the Bible that the Jewish people were in Egypt for many years and that they worshipped Egyptian gods and it is also likely that there were many things taken and put into Judaism.

Everybody knows that Christianity's father religion is Judaism. They often overlook the fact that it's mother religion was Egyptian.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thank you for the wonderful information

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Okay so history says that each of these "religions" developed during seperate time periods thousands of miles apart.

I have no doubt in my mind that Jesus of Nazareth was indeed the "son of GOD" as GOD is of himself. Jesus was the one who had the most perfect copy of GOD's instruction set.

I also beleive that something happen in the dawn of man, something that we will not see again until man is set to be removed from this Earth.

Buddah is Jesus who is such and such who is such and such etc.

This basic truth means the son of GOD DID walk among men and means that he could walk among men again some day.

Think of it this way, if the human structure or ID has 10 trillion possible constructs and that the son of GOD is 1 in 10 trillion then there is a 1 in 10 trillion chance that the next living being could be the son of GOD.

But what if at the age of 10 this person is killed in an accident or murdered etc. Then the 1 in 10 trillion chance will have been wasted and the second coming will have to wait for another 1 in 10 trillion chance.

This is why every human life is so precious, because you never know if the life you take is that of the son of GOD.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I did not grow up christian and you have no clue how jesus has revealed himself to me, not
even a little clue. But I will not argue with you on this, ill only suggest some things. I hate arguing durin a time in which
the planet could have a nclear holocost any month now.

1. jesus did have twelve apostles and the all gave account of him. They were all living during his life and he gave them instructions on how to minister
his sacrafice. You believe other wise thats fine with me.

See what you don't knowis why you created this post.

Do you reallly search for God? are you really interested in posting the similarities or do you just want to (cram) this down christians throats?

when you said makes you think, does that mean you posted it out of spite?

You see, I know why you posted this and you know why, im not mad at you for this but dont act like you know why I am a christian or others are. Do you jezebel believe in one of these stories? Does God? who is God and who does he back?

If God is one and believes in one truth and all these men believe in different then which one is of God? Do you look for that answer?

Why do I believee in Jesus? I have searched for justice and he showed himself to me, before I heard of him I went to church (4) times in my life when I was too young to know who jesus was. i was never taught of him nor heard of him until three years ago, and through miracles and events
iive converted to him yet im brainwashed? You don't know why I believe this. I did not revel him to me but he revealed himself to me through miracles.

I believe because hee has a church which has seen miracles and miracles since it began, healings, fatima, people being cured by preist ect for 2000 years. if you think im lying Ii have seen these miracles personally. But are you sincere enough to believe me? Im trying to be sincere as possible.

Jesus name and only jesus name has spread world wide like no others, none of the other pagan Gods name has spread like this to all corners of the globe. Wouldn't it seem that he has Gods only backing?

There are churches everywhere giving out his sacrafice which ws prophecied to happen in malachias, saying this sacrafice would spread across the globe, only Jesus has done this. Doesnt that make you wonder even alittle.

Have you ever thought that satan created the other beliefs to throw yu off guard, because h knew how the story of jesus would happen and end and by ceaing similar stories he would cause what you see today.

How do you know the diference? look hard into wht has happened since they all existed and the miracles in the church of Jesus.

The God of the OT condemned pagan teachings from egypt, yet he is the same one who predicted jesus coming many times in the ot especially Psalms and the prophets.

2000 years and more of miracles relating to jesus and i myself have seen miracles of Jesus throughout my short life span.

But you can believe what you want, just please don't yell at me for holding soething true when you do not know why I believe. (scriture) is part of it, but before I read one page of scripture three years ago he showed me who he was through miracles.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
jezebel, im sorry if i sonded even alittle rude, i don't mean to be, im just saying that i believe otherwise not because a bible alone told me but he has shown me through miracles.

sorry for the missed words and spelling on tha last post.

peace.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
IMHO, there is no coincidence Jez.

* Many ancient civilizations have myths, legends, stories describing creation, involving Man and Earth.

* Many ancient civilizations have myths, legends, stories describing a worldly "Great Catastrophe(s)" or Global Flood event(s).

* Many ancient civilizations have myths, legends, stories describing "virgin birth(s)" and of an individual(s) rising from death and ascending to the sky or heaven.

* The coincidences can go in example form.

I think what we need to keep in mind is that alot of what has been written originated by "word of mouth", and after tens of years to possibly thousands of years, the began to be written down or put in written form, when writing became known or taught and utilized as a method of record keeping. Simularities will exist and continue to exist as long as MAN continues to define HIS place in the world and in the Universe/Cosmos. When reading ancient texts dealing with or detailing myths, legends, stories, philosophies, etc......the reader has to remember that the original author is writing from his perspective; his place in time perspective, etc (ie: was he an author from pre-science or pre-history or is this an interporetation of how HE say things during his time period and NOT necessarily relevant to this day and age or mode of thinking and interpreting).

Just my two cents.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Why can not people understand that GOD created everything, EVERYTHING every human, every living thing every rock, every substance.

IF so many seperate religions have the same faith based concept of the son of GOD, then how can you say that they are not all the same. We are of the same birth, we are of the same light as we are the same in death.

WE were all created (inspired) as GOD's creation and the fact that most all religions have a representation of a mortal man who walked among men and was the son of GOD and that those basic life truths almost exactly parrallel all the religions then how can you say that a buddahist is not speaking of the same (person, ID, creation) can not GOD revel himself to people in such a manner as reflected in their time and place. Can not the life of Jesus also be the life of Buddah? GOD wanted his word to be spread throughout humanity, would he not choose the easist method to convey his message. Would not the stories that were handed down be adapted to the understanding of those its being taught to ?

To be naive that Jesus (the son of GOD as GOD is of himself) be contained in the vision of a single jewish carpenter and that this vision is the only conduit and the only truth for which GOD wanted to revel himself to humanity, is to be a very closed minded and ignorant individual of the world around you and the wonderful works that GOD has presented to you.

The very fact that most all religions have a (son of GOD) figure that did wonderful works not for himself but in sacrafice for others says that GOD is real and that his love for humanity is real. It is the message, the message of GOD to humanity that GOD wants us to get.

Not whether or not his son was a Jew or a Buddahist or a Phoenician or an elderly Chineese man.

Its whether or not you believe that he has so much love for you that his only son would die out of sacrafice to save your soul so that you would believe in him.

He does not want you to trouble your self with the materialistic and worldly trappings of what his son looked like, where he came from, which religion is the (right) one, whether or not his name was fred or sam or jesus or buddah or osiris thats not important.

Just do you believe, do you have faith that he would sacrafice his only child for you?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

If God is one and believes in one truth and all these men believe in different then which one is of God? Do you look for that answer?

Um...wasn't the post actually about how similar they are and NOT different?

Jesus name and only jesus name has spread world wide like no others, none of the other pagan Gods name has spread like this to all corners of the globe. Wouldn't it seem that he has Gods only backing?

Um...maybe because if you differed from "Christians" then you were killed? And, it hasn't spread to all corners of the globe and stuck.....there are still Muslim, Jewish etc. countries.

Have you ever thought that satan created the other beliefs to throw yu off guard, because h knew how the story of jesus would happen and end and by ceaing similar stories he would cause what you see today.

Have YOU ever thought in the reverse? What if the pagans were the ones who were right and your Jesus was Satans creation? Plus if Satan is this all powerfull teller of the future, wouldn't that make him somewhat godlike?

Peace.

Peace be unto you. Peace be....BE peace

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tesla
reluctant-messenger.com...

The Christ Consciousness returns every dispensation....

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by Tesla]

everyone should check out his website I give it

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Originally posted by nyeff

There is no account of what Jesus did from his birth until he started preaching in his 30s. It is thought that during this time he travelled to Egypt. It wasn't necessarily the church which took the Egyptian religions and incorporated them but more probably Jesus himself.

Religions evolve from one another. We know according to the Bible that the Jewish people were in Egypt for many years and that they worshipped Egyptian gods and it is also likely that there were many things taken and put into Judaism.

Everybody knows that Christianity's father religion is Judaism. They often overlook the fact that it's mother religion was Egyptian.

Very very very very very good point

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join