It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was he?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

Jesus name and only jesus name has spread world wide like no others, none of the other pagan Gods name has spread like this to all corners of the globe. Wouldn't it seem that he has Gods only backing?

Well jesus wasn't his name.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
1. jesus did have twelve apostles and the all gave account of him. They were all living during his life and he gave them instructions on how to minister
his sacrafice. You believe other wise thats fine with me.

See what you don't knowis why you created this post.

Do you reallly search for God? are you really interested in posting the similarities or do you just want to (cram) this down christians throats?

when you said makes you think, does that mean you posted it out of spite?

You see, I know why you posted this and you know why, im not mad at you for this but dont act like you know why I am a christian or others are. Do you jezebel believe in one of these stories? Does God? who is God and who does he back?

If God is one and believes in one truth and all these men believe in different then which one is of God? Do you look for that answer?

Why do I believee in Jesus? I have searched for justice and he showed himself to me, before I heard of him I went to church (4) times in my life when I was too young to know who jesus was. i was never taught of him nor heard of him until three years ago, and through miracles and events
iive converted to him yet im brainwashed? You don't know why I believe this. I did not revel him to me but he revealed himself to me through miracles.

I believe because hee has a church which has seen miracles and miracles since it began, healings, fatima, people being cured by preist ect for 2000 years. if you think im lying Ii have seen these miracles personally. But are you sincere enough to believe me? Im trying to be sincere as possible.

Jesus name and only jesus name has spread world wide like no others, none of the other pagan Gods name has spread like this to all corners of the globe. Wouldn't it seem that he has Gods only backing?

There are churches everywhere giving out his sacrafice which ws prophecied to happen in malachias, saying this sacrafice would spread across the globe, only Jesus has done this. Doesnt that make you wonder even alittle.

Have you ever thought that satan created the other beliefs to throw yu off guard, because h knew how the story of jesus would happen and end and by ceaing similar stories he would cause what you see today.

How do you know the diference? look hard into wht has happened since they all existed and the miracles in the church of Jesus.

The God of the OT condemned pagan teachings from egypt, yet he is the same one who predicted jesus coming many times in the ot especially Psalms and the prophets.

2000 years and more of miracles relating to jesus and i myself have seen miracles of Jesus throughout my short life span.

But you can believe what you want, just please don't yell at me for holding soething true when you do not know why I believe. (scriture) is part of it, but before I read one page of scripture three years ago he showed me who he was through miracles.

Peace.

OK, here it goes...

I am sorry if you thought I was yelling at you or trying to cram anything down your throat. That was not my intention. I was only trying to introduce a different perspective to those with a fundamentalist Christian view of God and It's Word.

I was raised in a Christian church for my whole life and I went to a Christian school for all 12 years. I am very familiar with the beliefs of the average Christian, and I used to accept what I was told (although much of it never sat right with me). After I became an adult and began to look at what I had been told objectively, I found that there were many questions no one could answer and most of the time I was just told, "Because the Bible says so."

I have been searching for the Truth for a couple of years now. I started reading the teachings of Christ FOR MYSELF, without someone else telling me what I should make of it. When I did, I began to notice how similar the teachings of Buddha and the Hindu avatars were to Jesus'.

I have since come to understand that God cannot be limited by our definitions of It. God's Truth exists wherever there is love and a desire to re-connect with God. It doesn't matter whether the Truth was spoken by Jesus, Krishna, Buddha, or Winnie the Pooh. What matters is that the Truth was brought to man for us to better understand God and the fact that we are all a part of the Whole.

I have no doubt that Jesus performed miracles or that you have witnessed them. I am only trying to point out that it is possible that the prophets of other faiths are just as much a reflection of God's Word or Spirit as the Christian faith. Truth is truth, and it cannot change, or it was never true to begin with.

I do not believe that "Satan" is a literal being. I believe that our minds and physical existence are the "devil". They are what mislead us and make us forget that we are all a part of an infinite God and therefore a part of each other. The test of our spirit is to overcome our desire for physical gain and praise of others. If we can truly understand that, as Jesus said, "...ye are all gods..." and the "sons of God", then we will have become what was intended.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Originally posted by nyeff
Christians needed to use other gods, prophets etc, to help spread the word of christ. People need something to relate to. So the took bits and pieces from other well known religions and incorporated them into their stories.

There is no account of what Jesus did from his birth until he started preaching in his 30s. It is thought that during this time he travelled to Egypt. It wasn't necessarily the church which took the Egyptian religions and incorporated them but more probably Jesus himself.

Religions evolve from one another. We know according to the Bible that the Jewish people were in Egypt for many years and that they worshipped Egyptian gods and it is also likely that there were many things taken and put into Judaism.

Everybody knows that Christianity's father religion is Judaism. They often overlook the fact that it's mother religion was Egyptian.

~*~

*accepting statement of nyeff ...
-> then adding Leveller thought on Jesus' studies... Jesus is also believed to studied in Asia & East... not just egypt

*Jewish people as slaves in Egypt: ...but weren't they also taken into captivity, into - ->Babylon

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarsUpial
I think this is a good post. Very interesting find!

Lmao.no

Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It is the truth the infailable truth that makes it the truth.

That we are all as one as GOD is of his son and of himself.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
" I am sorry "

Thank you, I appretiate your honest sincerity, I really do. also accept my apology if I sounded alittle rough, did not mean to. I just hear too many people tell me why I believe when noone has seen aminute
in my shoes. I gues this is what a conspiracy forum is about. I will but in no more on your topic.

peace.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Yes, there are many striking similarities between Jesjuah and many other deities in the Middle East and near Orient. God says in the Tannakh that he counts Egypt and Babylon as nations which knows him. I believe the stories of Osiris and Mithra etc. are some kind of prophecies about the coming of Jesjuah. They just explained him out of what they believed, he was knit into their stories.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraffalunas

i beg to differ, IMHO, the Mystery Babylon Religion,,,is the mother(scarlet woman) of Christianity

Quite possible but I'm not entirely convinced. Although the Jews were taken away and held captive in Babylon, this was well after their imprisonment within Egypt. The Jewish religion was already formulated and established by then. The Egyptian religions were also mature by then. Babylon was only built between 2000 and 1000BC so would seem to be too young to hold religions that would be a solid basis - the major religions seem to draw upon their older counterparts rather than the newer.
Babylonian belief can be tied in by association though. There's a lot of pretty convincing evidence that some Egyptian belief was created with the influence of Syrian religions. There was some cross pollination between Syrian religions and Babylonian.

From what I have read, I believe that the ancient civilisation of Sumeria was where organised religion first began to be a major force. Their gods have a lot of similarities with those of Egypt.

ragz-international.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

There is no account of what Jesus did from his birth until he started preaching in his 30s.

Oh yes there are plenty of books and scrolls discribing his life when he was a young boy. I don't quite remember but in one of them he kills someone and brings him back to life, another place he makes the right arm of a rabbi who was trying to teach him the Alef Bet dead, while reprimanding his teacher saying "How can you teach bet when you don't know everything about alef?" The latter I think is from the Infancy gospel of Tomas or something. There is also tales from when Jesjuah as a child in Egypt, how he drew nearly fantastic geometric shapes in the sand. And how he spoke from his birth is told elsewhere, allthough I don't think that's true.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton
Oh yes there are plenty of books and scrolls discribing his life when he was a young boy. I don't quite remember but in one of them he kills someone and brings him back to life, another place he makes the right arm of a rabbi who was trying to teach him the Alef Bet dead, while reprimanding his teacher saying "How can you teach bet when you don't know everything about alef?" The latter I think is from the Infancy gospel of Tomas or something. There is also tales from when Jesjuah as a child in Egypt, how he drew nearly fantastic geometric shapes in the sand. And how he spoke from his birth is told elsewhere, allthough I don't think that's true.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Sorry dude. Should have made myself clearer. I meant that there is no account in the Bible.
I knew about some of the other writings as my statement that he spent time in Egypt might have shown.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well, the true answer, I believe, is that all of them are partly right. They build off eachother, this is what people need to realize. This is why so many people die for their "faith" and commit hate crimes, all in the names of their own faiths. That is bull, if you ask me. If people could just see that, in the end, there is a God, who, in someway, is in all of these, we would be much better off. In the end, all of them are right, if they have the right goals. Muhammad (sp?) and Christ had the basics, really. Love, compassion, equality, much like this 'Osiris'. Seeing the coincidences?

-wD

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Love, compassion, equality, much like this 'Osiris'. Seeing the coincidences?

Those qualities that you mention are the foundation for Egyptian Ma'at. Represented by a goddess but more a concept Ma'at was basically the first recognised creed where Truth, Justice, Love and Equality were encompassed in one concept.
She was, really, the most important deity of them all.

www.wsu.edu:8080...

As you said, there are major coincidences between the religions. But any good religion uses Ma'at as a foundation.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Leveller]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Here's a picture of Ma'at together with Isis. Ma'at is the winged one with the ostrich feather in her hair to the left. The crown on Isis' head is the Eye of Ra which is infact the base of the first letters in both Hebrew, Greek and Latin. The two arms of the Celestial Midwife (in Satanism the two horns of the Bull of Heaven, also known as Ba'al) and also the Sun who was the Last the Breathing Creator Created that week, which seems to be either now or about 16000 years ago, completing one of several 360/365.24 calendrial cycles. Which is quite interresting if you dare to believe in the existance of a living eternal God that is.

from www.shira.net...

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Great post, there are more yet.. I found several similarities with Quetzalcoatl as well.

It seems that this was taught to multiple cultures under various names..

does this perhaps mean that it is just a story?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
From the same site:

"Why all the new interest in the deities of ancient Egypt? There are I believe a number of reasons, but the most important one is the notion that we, as a species, are reaching back in time for a stable moment. As a people, the human race is moving too quickly for some of us and has been for some time."

Could it be possible that Jesus was preaching a return to Egyptian belief? Not necessarily the trappings of all the gods, but the concept of Ma'at?
Ma'at would seem to be the perfect religion.
In Jesus's time there were many religious sects all vying for position in Israel and elsewhere. Ma'at could have been the means to unite them all.
There is no doubt in my mind that Ma'at is the driving force behind Judaism, Islam and Christianity, but these religions have ended up being tainted by man and his politics. Ma'at can't be corrupted.
Was it the perfect belief?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
ok, heres an idea for all of you....

what if most of the major religions are the same.

what i mean by this is that if all of these "different beliefs" are SOOOOOO alike then who is man to say that they are different. All of these Gods seem to share fundemental beliefs - things of great nature like not harming others, honesty ect ect. Could it not be that we humans are to stupid to relize that its not about saying "I believe in this God or that" but more about saying "I am going to dedicate my life to doing the right thing"?

From a christian point of view, I was under the impresion that when you die, if you accept God as your saviour then you would go to heaven. Now, since all these beliefs are so alike, wouldnt a muslim who died and was asked by God "do you accept me as your savior" say yes because, at heart, these Gods proffesed the same thing?

My problem with religion as it exists today is this - there are way to many PEOPLE TELLING OTHER PEOPLE what to do when none of these GODS ever said anything about the subject. I went to Catholic school for a few years, and sooooo many times i heard my teacher tell me "you should not drink because you are harming yourself, and that is a sin. You should not have premarital sex because it is a sin ect ect". Well, I can tell you, JESUS HIMSELF DRANK WINE, so how could a nun tell me this was a sin! Jesus did not want to pervert the act of love by having people getting it on with everyone else. But does this mean that if you are not wed by the church you cannot have sex? I doubt so. I know from experience in this life that I have geniounly LOVED multiple girls (granted not at the same time) and I can honestly say that if the world had ended during any of these relationships, God would not be telling me "You are going to hell for having sex with this girl without being married!" How silly would this be? I would have had the same feelings towards the girl, the same devotion ect ect. This seems more like a human restriction then a devine one because, low and behold, it involves humans!!!!

Anyways, I wish all of these faiths would come together instead of butting heads. If Islamic beliefs are somewhat alike to Christian, why must they declare us "Infedels." BTW, that is just an example that came to mind to illustrate my point as it is something that I have been touched by.

Anyways, as long as you are are genuinly good to fellow man, demonstrate compasion, sensitivity, generousity ect ect, I'm sure any of these Gods would be more apt to adopt you rather then some fundementalist nut bag who thinks he knows everything and really just goes against basic beliefs.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The Egyptian meaning of Ma'at was "truth" or "balance".
The Greeks translated Ma'at into the word "logos". The English translation for logos is "word".

The Gospel of John starts with the lines:
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God."

This translates as:
"In the beginning was Ma'at, and Ma'at was with God".

From there we can go to:
"In the beginning was Truth, and the Truth was with God".

Jesus says, in John 17:17:
"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."

and then in John 16:13:
"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."

John 8:32:
"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free"

It is interesting to note that elsewhere in the Bible, Jesus declared himself as "the truth".
"I am the Way the Truth and The Life" �XJohn 14:6

Translated, he is claiming to be the embodiement of Ma'at - balance and order.

In a time when Israel needed a leader and a uniter wouldn't one who could claim to be Ma'at be seen as a messiah for his people?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The Egyptian meaning of Ma'at was "truth" or "balance".
The Greeks translated Ma'at into the word "logos". The English translation for logos is "word".

The Gospel of John starts with the lines:
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God."

This translates as:
"In the beginning was Ma'at, and Ma'at was with God".

From there we can go to:
"In the beginning was Truth, and the Truth was with God".

Jesus says, in John 17:17:
"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."

and then in John 16:13:
"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."

John 8:32:
"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free"

It is interesting to note that elsewhere in the Bible, Jesus declared himself as "the truth".
"I am the Way the Truth and The Life" �XJohn 14:6

Translated, he is claiming to be the embodiement of Ma'at - balance and order.

In a time when Israel needed a leader and a uniter wouldn't one who could claim to be Ma'at be seen as a messiah for his people?

You forgot the most important quote:

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and wages war.

This is not Jesjuah, but the Christ. The victorious son of Lord God Jesjuah.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraffalunas

The snare has once again entangled us...

Whenever a Christ like figure predates Jesus, the Infallabile Christian theologians will label these as [Satanic?] inspired precursers....[intended to undermine the real/true savior to come, in Jesus- the fisher-of-men.]

And, in an ultimate irony, the Jesus which followed the Gilgamesh & Isis & Buddah...also fufilled the Pagan doctrine of a mystical-magical 'three-fold' Karmic return....

PLEASE, don't mistake these responses as answers, they're just more ponderings...

enjoy the journey

And who is to say that Jesus existed? Was Mithra human? Or Isis? Or the others? All of these religions seem to evolve from the Sumerian, and these include some religions in the Western Hemisphere.
(Of course, Christianity has done a great job of wiping out these relgions and cultures, but I guess that is another story. Did you ever wonder why?? I know they claimed it was to save their souls. But, as we see in many of the Christian churches, converting is NOT as important as it was in the past.)
Or were all of these religions crafted and changed to fit the cultrue that adapted them???

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton

Also look at the similarities and the relevancy between this scene and and the event written in the Book of Revelation about the woman who received the wings of the Great Eagle when she fled out of the wilderness to the place God made for her at the beginning of time.

Just look at the collumn to the right: Serpent, Egypt, river, woman, eagle feathers, is that a hawk I see to the left of Isis? Then a lot of writing and building tools and in the end a shepherd�s staff.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by Hamilton]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join