It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Rape Suspect Freaks Out in Court - Video

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Multiple Rape Suspect Freaks Out in Court - Video

www.wxyz.com

WATCH THE OUTRAGEOUS MELTDOWN IN VIDEO PLAYER RIGHT (VIDEO RUNS 4:12) - IT'S FOLLOWED IMMEDIATELY BY ACTION NEWS COVERAGE OF THE HEARING

A suspected rapist had to be pulled from a Dearborn courtroom Wednesday after he made an obscene gesture at TV cameras and then ranted with outrageous language to match.

Kenneth Gunther, 28, was arraigned in 19th District Court on 11 criminal counts in connection with a September sex assault. He's also facing charges for a sex assault in Dearborn Heights.

Gunther appeared startled and angered by news cameras when he entered the courtroom. He flashed both middle fingers to the cameras and asked police officers, "Why are all these f---- cameras in here?"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Most of you here know that I was in Law enforcement, well this news clip was sent to me by a fellow officer. I personally knew one of the young single mothers in this very sad event.

Criminals don't think or react like you and I. Rationally

This suspect is also a repeat offender with a very long criminal history as a violent history. He almost killed the arresting officers with a sawed off shot-gun.

The suspect was apprehended, but showing no signs of caring or remorse. Like I said, I personally knew one of the victims in this case who was a 27 year old single mother. I'll call her Sue for the story.

Sue is a 27 year old mother with a sweet 3 year old child. Sue did not know the alleged rapist and never saw or met him. One day she was doing laundry and the suspect forced his way into the house, assault her and her child, then lock the little one in the room and proceeded to rape Sue for a very long time. The trauma that a rapists/violent offender causes is in most cases takes years to recover from.

He went on to raping more women in our area. Dearborn does not put up with trash like this and went out on an all out man hunt. Guess what? they caught him. They have DNA samples, but the results have not been release to the public, so even I don't know, but I would wager that they are a 100% match or Dearborn would not have televised the trial.

If this suspect is indeed guilty and the evidence and victims can positively ID him, he is going away for a long, long time.

I hope that justice prevails in this case.

www.wxyz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Here is another link to the story with pictures and not the video.

Multiple Rape Suspect Freaks out in Court

What is everyone's thoughts on this case?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well if this is the guy, I think its great that hard police work lead to the removal of this piece of filth from the streets.

He of course is playing the innocent, railroaded card. Unfortunately little information is being released as this is an on going investigation and trial. Hopefully this wont turn into a political circus. I think the victims have suffered enough.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I find this statement by the defendant to be rather telling:

"If I was innocent, I'm guilty now," he said. "You're saying I'm guilty with these cameras."
Emphasis mine

No, actually, you're saying you're guilty, stupid.

Yeah, poor suspected rapist, he's being victimized by the evil media....

Reprehensible.

Hope he makes lots of "close" friends if/when they lock him up for good.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
Well if this is the guy, I think its great that hard police work lead to the removal of this piece of filth from the streets.

He of course is playing the innocent, railroaded card. Unfortunately little information is being released as this is an on going investigation and trial. Hopefully this wont turn into a political circus. I think the victims have suffered enough.

Your statement are so true.

This individual is a sick and twisted form of life that needs to be behind bars for the rest of his life. Dearborn is not going to allow this one to slip through their fingers, they have the best of the best on this case all the way down the line.

Anyone that rapes and profiles young single mothers and abuses a 3 year old in the process deserves 4 life sentences, plus whatever else they can throw in. These types of repeat offenders will do it again if they have the chance.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Anyone that rapes and profiles young single mothers and abuses a 3 year old in the process deserves 4 life sentences, plus whatever else they can throw in. These types of repeat offenders will do it again if they have the chance.

100% agreement.

These people cannot be rehabilitated and should not be released back into society. No amount of therapy will help his sick mind.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
This individual is a sick and twisted form of life that needs to be behind bars for the rest of his life. Dearborn is not going to allow this one to slip through their fingers, they have the best of the best on this case all the way down the line.

I am surprised that someone who claims to have been in law enforcement and also does not know the details of the case would already be making a verdict here. Were you a police officer and do you normally profile anyone the police arrest as automatically being guilty without any supporting evidence that they committed a crime?

I sure cannot tell from my chair if he is guilty or not.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well look at how you're all acting. If you wouldn't have known about this case that those cameras are reporting, would you really even have a say on the matter. Now that he's freaked out in court with camera's on, he's automatically "guilty." His assumptions were right on if you ask me, just look at all the posts above. Any of us would feel the same kind of anger, presuming we were innocent. Cameras lighting you up as you stand trial for a charge you may, or may not be guilty of. His concerns were completely justified it seems.

Oh, and rapists that are convicted with sufficient evidence should be withdrawn from society.. And society, I mean life. We cannot afford that type of person to be wandering around our social prison programs, or even be allowed the chance to get out of prison and strike again. There should be a zero tolerance rule for all acts of that nature. That being said, I think we should all bite our tongues before we dig this guy's grave any deeper.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Well look at how you're all acting. If you wouldn't have known about this case that those cameras are reporting, would you really even have a say on the matter. Now that he's freaked out in court with camera's on, he's automatically "guilty." His assumptions were right on if you ask me, just look at all the posts above. Any of us would feel the same kind of anger, presuming we were innocent. Cameras lighting you up as you stand trial for a charge you may, or may not be guilty of. His concerns were completely justified it seems.

First off, you said he was "guilty" not us, that is up to a jury to decide. And since when does anyone guilty or innocent behave in this manner, in a court of law or anywhere for that matter?

First off this suspect, has a long criminal record and upon a routine traffic stop almost killed two police officers with an illegal weapon in his car. This individual has multiple criminal charges against him just for the traffic stop and prior out standing arrest warrants.

And you say that his concern are justified????
Where were you bought up? Did you miss the language he was using? Do you think it is OK to behave this way?

Originally posted by DeadFlagBluesHis concerns were completely justified it seems.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Personally, I’m rather disappointed that there were no chair throwing or police beat-downs that we see so often in videotaped courtroom outburst clips. The worst he did was throw the finger.

However, I did LOL at the look on the policeman’s face that shut the door at the end. You know what he was thinking!

Seriously though, why did this “defendant” get so upset at the cameras in the room? Why did he jump to the conclusion that cameras equals guilt in courtrooms? InSpiteOf hit the nail on the head. This guy was guilty, knew that the evidence was insurmountable, and was trying to play the railroad card to get off with a technicality.

[edit on 11/25/2007 by Cowboy Clint]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cowboy Clint
Personally, I’m rather disappointed that there were no chair throwing or police beat-downs that we see so often in videotaped courtroom outburst clips. The worst he did was throw the finger.

However, I did LOL at the look on the policeman’s face that shut the door at the end. You know what he was thinking!

The reason for the officers professional composer is that they are professionals and strive to not use any type of force unless absolutely necessary. As much as these police officers have a personal opinion, they can not let a loser like this get off on a technicality because of their actions.

The race card was played so many times in Dearborn years ago that it has almost no significance unless there is huge mistake made.

The City of Dearborn has over a 100 different nationalities and they all contribute to the community positively, so a piece of trash like this will be a poster child for how not to commit crimes in Dearborn. As much cultural diversity as Dearborn has it works very harmoniously together and we like to keep it that way.

Thanks for everyones input on this thread.

RT

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Even though you have taken my words and comments and bent them, I'll still humor you.

Ever been to court for something other than a traffic violation?

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Even though you have taken my words and comments and bent them, I'll still humor you.

Ever been to court for something other than a traffic violation?

I apologize if I miss understood your comments and yes I actually have been in court for non-traffic violations, mostly people that bent their words, they all got life sentences.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Every time I read new threads all I see are one sided drone like arguments.
This is supposed to be a forum, not a, kill him!!! He is wrong, no matter the story of his life, kill him, torture him, destroy him more than he already has been, we all agree on making everyone suffer! Listen to yourselves, and that
comment, sheesh, don't expect me to answer if you respond to this, I know how it'll be like. Put yourselves in people shoes, you strayed from the path, and now you have morons calling for your life. Rape is really not such a big deal, the way i see it, two people had sex, woopie dee do, get over it, it's not life shattering, having people make your life miserable and call for your head on a pole is. You don't know pain, you are all norms, if you knew pain you wouldn't be making such statements, I find them vile and disgusting. You people make me think of all those people who cheered as Jesus got sentenced to crucification (reference to Mel Gibson's movie). This guy being a good person or not, it doesn't matter, he still has rights to not be disrespected in the media and have his face recorded by a bunch of egoists looking for a hot story, he has the right to not want those cameras in the court room. Jesus, am I the only one who saw the Judge's power trip when he sent him away? Then I read you talk about how the guy is in the wrong for defending his rights, heck, everyone's rights, would you like it if you were innocent and had cameras pointed at you while in court with the intention to portray you as guilty on mainstream television? You have no idea of what you are saying, use your brains, stop acting like characters in soap operas, turn off your television screens. Stop wanting others to suffer horrible deaths, show some humanity, show some compassion, in my view you are worse than this rapist!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Radekus

You're out of line. A rape sympathizing Christian. If you would ever associate yourself with rape victims, you'd know it is life shattering, and is a little bit more complex than your idiotic idea of what rape is. "Two people having sex?" Are you completely mindless?

I will agree with you on the fact that cameras and news crews should not be allowed in court what so ever. The common perception of people who are accused is pretty astounding as it sits. We don't need any further damning of their character with cameras trained on their faces and aired on public television.

And there should be no compassion for the those who have none for their fellow man to begin with. Eye for and eye, or turn the other cheek? I guess you have a religious duality to ponder, my confused friend.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Holy, blahblahblah.

I've been to court for simple battery/assaults and graffiti and just being a defendant, the odds are by proxy, stacked against you. You shouldn't have the public media throwing your name and face in the dirt from go, especially in a case concerning something so serious as rape.

And thanks for that last ambiguous and especially cheesy response. It made for a good laugh. Very Blue Steelesque.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Radekus
Rape is really not such a big deal, the way i see it, two people had sex, woopie dee do, get over it, it's not life shattering, having people make your life miserable and call for your head on a pole is. You don't know pain, you are all norms, if you knew pain you wouldn't be making such statements, I find them vile and disgusting.

I think you need to adjust your meds if you think that Rape is not such a big deal. Are you speaking for experience?

I find your statements extremely disturbing.

How can you compare having consensual sex and force B&E entry into the homes of single mothers, then torturing them, in addition to the violent sex that put more than 3 single mothers in the hospital. And when they had the suspect in the line up all 3 victims pointed out this suspect.

Originally posted by Radekus
Stop wanting others to suffer horrible deaths, show some humanity, show some compassion, in my view you are worse than this rapist!

I don't see your logic, how I am worse than a rapist.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I've been to court for simple battery/assaults and graffiti and just being a defendant, the odds are by proxy, stacked against you. You shouldn't have the public media throwing your name and face in the dirt from go, especially in a case concerning something so serious as rape.

I think that is a double edge sword, as much as I don't like the media and I believe in a fair trial, this particular case, the suspect was apparently picked out of a line up 100% by all the victims.

I would also assume that the DNA swabs from the evidence match 100% also, on each victim or they would not have allowed cameras. Basically what I am saying is the evidence is overwhelming and they have enough to convict him without a doubt.

I think the public does have a right to know, since there was a serial rapist in the area. The first amendment guarantees this for us all, now some judges can suppress this by a gag order. The judge did not order these cameras, but he did not gag them either.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I knew you were going to concentrate on that part of my post and confront me with it, why do you think I left it there other than to prove my point. Dismiss everything else and attack me on that one point, although I must give applause to DeadFlagBlues for addressing other parts of my post, the ones that actually do matter. The me agreeing with rape was a strawman, to see if you all would bite onto it. And you did, predictable. Now reread everything else and try commenting on it. Do you understand what I mean by the judge's power trip? Maybe not... I don't take medication, that crap turns you into a ticking time bomb.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Radekus]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join