It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of ghosts???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I believe in ghosts and I know some people who have seen them.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ghosts. Haven't seen one myself. I have seen UFOs though.

Do I believe in ghosts? Undecided leaning towards no.

What a bad answer.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
(shameless plug)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

read my short stories, you'll know if I believe in ghosts or not.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The are quite a many things that humans do not understand in the universe and in order to cope with these things humans tend to construct supernatural reasons for said phenonenon's existence. This has happened with just about everything throughout history.

I personally am wise enough to know that I know very little about everything. Whatever the phenonenon is I highly doubt that it is anything like our concept of it.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
....as well as being almost a victim of one.
If you look at it with your logical eye, we are all just energy, and death is a transformation of that energy, a water turns to vapor.
The short description I can give you is that it was like I was being played a DVD in my own head of someone elses expereince ( it was a vehicle either out of control or going too fast for the mountain road it was on ) with a running conversation going back & forth between me and him/her/it. "Let me in already!!!!" is what had me open my eye to see a figure in my room - white & flowing for about two seconds, then it disappeared.
I happened to be living next door to a funeral home at the time.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I totally believe in ghosts.

When a friend of the familly, who you known all your life, and always trusted, tells you that one morning, she woked up and a pale glowing almost-transparent version of her mother was sitting on her bed...it's hard not to believe in ghosts.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I have had my fair share of the paranormal.

Personally, Our other selves from other universes ( multi-verse ), or other dimensions ( superstring ).

That is untill someone can give me a more valid reason for thier existence.

Deep

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Forget ghosts. Nowdays it's goats

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
lol! i think they have nothing to do with cryptozoology

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think it's either something people imagine, because they are scaired and they let their imagination run wild, of there is some kind of unexplained energy. it could be that another world or dimention is accidentally mixed in with ours.

ID

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I believe that emotions from human beings are able to leave a residue on places. IF someone is murdered in a house it may produce an creepy feeling, and if enough evil goes on in the same location it is able to produce radical temperature changes and so forth. As for actual visible ghosts I am not so sure. I suppose if this type of emotional residue build up to a certain extent it could manifest physical images however I am still on the fence with this issue. I myself have never been a wittiness to anything of this paranormal nature so I really can't say from personal experience.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Ghosts are most likely to be a ressonance of an energy signature, permanently adhered to a specific location due to a spike of emotional energy left by the person during thier living period, most sighting occur in places where it is know that great stress or trauma were inflicted on the inhabitants there, however i have personaly encounterd ghosts that seem very happy and elaited...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i really believe in ghost, most of the reason being that i think there is one in my house. no #&@%, when its late at night, and im using my com, i leave the door barley cracked. i will be going my merry way, and it sounds like there is a tv on somewhere in the house. like a dialog of somesort. its really freaks the hell out of me.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I posted something a little bit ago on my view.....Most people find it inspiring

or, to make it easy...copy/paste

My theorey of Ghost, spirits, and demons...

I wanted to share my views on 'paranormal' activity, as it is, to perhaps get input from some other people and perhaps help some other.

Chew on this:

First of all, Science is not able to prove wether ghosts exist or not. So, all of this is in 'theorey' and facts in these areas are lacking.

That said....You, as a person can experience only 5 senses. Sight, sound, touch, taste, and hearing.
EVERYTHING you experience is in your head, EVERYTHING. This is not an idea, this is a fact.
I'll explain.

Take, for example, a security camera. The camera, whatever quality, records images and transmits them to a receiver, which transferes it to a television for your viewing.
This is exactly what your eyes do. Your eyes percieves an image, and transmits it to your brain. Your brain inerprets the signal, and you experience an image of what your eyes are seeing.
Basically, you have input devices that take signals and transfere it to your brain, what ever sense it may be.

On a tangent here, I personally believe that your mind (which isn't part of the the brain) is what percieves these images.

Okay, back on topic.

What I believe that a lot of apparitions are, are perhaps 'things' that have properties of being that we cannot comprehend. I think that why we see or hear things, is that everyonce in a while, these apparitions happen to have a property that is compatible with our mind, whatever the property may be. Thats why sometimes you can hear something, and not see it, or see it, and not hear it. I think that they have some other property to them (different dimension possibly) that our mind can't comprehend, so thats why ghosts aren't consistant.
Every ghost encounter you hear, there are all kinds of different things that happen, and you can't nail ONE characteristic to all of them.

So, I believe that ghosts exist on either a separate plane or dimension than us, but have the capability to interact with with us. Who knows what a being not bound by the physical laws of nature is capable of?

So................thoughts, questions.......(intelligent responses appreciated)

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Cool storie, opinions all of you. I wonder who replied to this topic?
. It was probably on page 9 by now, i wonder who brought it back

new topics

top topics

join