It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else dreams in 'color'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I remember that the official "scientific" point of view was that normal people dream only in b&w. People who dream in color are supposed to not be normal...some mental problems...or they are genious.

...so I thought I was either crazy or a genious...

Now I wonder how did they ever do a research that would produce such a certainity...

So, color dreamers, are you crazy or genious?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I can't remember if I dream in colour or not, except on certain occasions where I do remember.

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I dream in High Definition, baby!

This happens to me only after I pop a Valium. Then I remember the dream, and it was HDTV and full colour spectrum.

Maybe the drugs are having the same sort of effect on you, too jpm.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I only remember ever dreaming in color.

Does anyone else hear their alarm going off and make that part of their dream?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
yeah ive never dreamed in black and white ever....atleast not that i can remember

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
she dreams in color, she dreams in red...can't find a better maaannnn!

I personally always dream in vivid color... but there was one part of this dream I had where I was room mates with David Yeow from the Jesus Lizard (a band), and we were having a drunken fist fight... and that part only was in black and white.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I have the flying dream quite often. Mostly I'm just levitating a few feet above the ground and can zip around really fast which is quite fun. There has been a few occasions where I couldn't guide where I was going and one time I floated right off the planet and was looking down at the earth from space. Yeah, that was pretty scarey. I'm sure it all has some meaning, probably that I'm mentally unstable or something.

Anyway, I'm sure I dream in color because I distinctly remember seeing the earth as a vivid blue sphere and not some grey splodgy thing.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Not one 100% B&W dreamer yet?

Either there's something wrong with the theory, or there's something wrong with the people who hang out on ATs. Both explanations seem equally plausible to me.

Me? Colour, of course, though often the amount of perceived ambient light is quite low. Maybe because it's dark in my bedroom at night... yes, that might explain it.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Well I've never heard of people dreaming in black and white. I've always assumed people dream in Colour. I've no recollection whatsoever of dreaming in black & white and that's coming from someone who has black & white running through their veins, as I'm a Newcastle United supporter.

Why Did We Think We Dreamed in Black and White?
Eric Schwitzgebel Studies in History and Philosophy of Science, 33 (2002), 649-660

In the 1950's, dream researchers commonly thought that dreams were predominantly a black and white phenomenon, although both earlier and later treatments of dreaming presume or assert that dreams have color. The first half of the twentieth century saw the rise of black and white film media, and it is likely that the emergence of the view that dreams are black and white was connected with this change in media technology. If our opinions about basic features of our dreams can change with changes in technology, it seems to follow that our knowledge of the phenomenology of our own dreams is much less secure than we might at first have thought it to be.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Man, you guys a so lucky!!

You speak of this amazing "vivid colour", i can not remember a single dream where it's had such colour. Most of my dreams are black and white and have some spooky horror-movie type contrast to them (actually it's pretty cool sometimes.) I can only recall maybe a few dreams that have had a touch of colour to them, and i mean a TOUCH, still bastardly desaturated though.

Not that there's anything wrong with my eye-sight or nothing......does eye-sight have anything to do with it???
Also, say if consciously your eyes can't see any colour, surely you can dream of colour or think of colour in your mind, can't you??

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I’ve always dreamt in color. I had a really weird dream once where there were blue and red or yellow Metal Gear Solid radar map triangles all over the place. It was kind of like having the radar screen imposed around me in 3D. Too many games…

When I was younger I had a reoccurring dream of being trapped in a classroom with a wolf, trying to keep desks between me and it and then jumping over them and making a break for the door and trying to outrun it. The wolf was white, but everything else was color.

I know I’m dreaming a lot of the time, sometimes I get woken up by something and try to pick up where I left off. Sometimes it works, sometimes I end up somewhere else.

So, color dreamers, are you crazy or genious?

I think both.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueBottle

do you think in color?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I remember being taught in school that most people dream in black & white and that I was unusual because I don't. I personally dream in color most of the time, unless it is a dream that should be in black & white (like Casa Blanca or Sin City).

One report I read was that older generations, specifically ones brought up with black & white TV, had a stronger tendency to dream in black & white then people today.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueBottle
Not that there's anything wrong with my eye-sight or nothing......does eye-sight have anything to do with it???

I have an eye deformity that develops through adolescence, from about the age of 13 I really did not know how well I would be able to see when I was adult (luckily I got off lightly) so that played a lot in my dreams. But it is common to for instance not be able to run or see or talk very well in anxiety dreams I still cannot recall any of them being black and white though. Some have been dull like a grey day others have had fantastic colours.

I think the whole B+W dreams thing is bunk, some people were probably told that and they retrospectively decided that it was true. Some one else quoted something about the rise of B+W films at the time, that made sense.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
i think my dreams are color, when im having them they are colored because theres nothing glaring out saying "i am black and white" like say the movie pleasentville.

my dreams look nuthin like pleasentville, they look like .. some of the strangest things you could imagine.

lately demons have been bugging me out in my dreams. showing me my girlfriend cheating on me and doing the worst things to me, showing family members doing the same, putting me into incredibly messed up situations with former friends (like trying to evade them at gunpoint) .

i dont know what to think of it.

however

color is the reflection of light. theres a mythical bird in ancient judaism that its said the colors were chosen from to be as they are to this day. since what our EYES gather data wise is sent to the nerves/brain and a color and image is instantly deciphered, how could we be seeing color in dreams, unless, somehow,

we are INDEED still perceiving in a form, just different from awake reality.
-such as Astral Projection
-such as meditation
-such as Extra Sensory Projection
-such as being psychic or having visions
-such as a drug induced vision
-such as deep SLEEP..

so then, do we have a soul/spirit, and is it indeed "doing its own thing" while the body is in deep sleep, finding itself in dreams, and sometimes with adversaries chasing after them every single night?

because if there is an afterlife, it would be like dreaming except even more real than your dreams are, if that makes sense. because in dreams we perceive while our body and eyes and nose and ears are not perceiving or registering any inputs.

[edit on 11/22/2007 by runetang]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I've always dreamt in color.

I've also tasted apples, answered the phone (and actually said hello out loud in my sleep) and smoked... stuff. I've seen clowns while hopping on pogo sticks, and I've been killed by T1000, the villian from Terminator 2. I flew over a huge gorge on a skateboard (sound familiar?).

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I dream in color. I know this because I would alwyas think about it. The one night I had a dream where I was picking out different colors. I can't exactly remember the plot, but it had something to do with me constantly wondering if I dream in color. Now I notice that I always see in color or so it seems.

I also heard you can't read in your dreams. Anyone else heard of this? Has to be false because I read in my dreams as well as seeing colors.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I broke a toe lashing out and kicking the wall during a dream fight once.

interesting.... i did not break a toe because my 2nd toe is a good 3/8"
langer than the Big toe...so i just have a blood spot in my toe nail
that half-way grown from the white growth spot at the toe nail base.

that was the 2nd time i kicked the wall in a 'Kung Fu' sequence with
a 'reptile' skinned humanoid and then again when I was getting mugged
by 3 dudes of a dreamscape Gang... managed to deck them all but
immediately woke up as the '3rd mugger' was actually the wall.

both these livid dreams were in natural world color,
but alng with the kicking dreams, i had the pleasure several times
of hearing a joke or comedy routine and laughing myself awake,
then continuing to laugh partly because of the punchline
partly because of the situation i was in... laughing for no apparent reason!

about the only times i vaguely recall B&W dreams is when i'm in an infirmary...usually because i accidently ate something with whole egg
in it...as i did not know for years that i would have an allergic reaction
to whole egg ingredients, and not just egg cultured vaccines.

my guess is that color dreams indicate one is in generally good health

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I dream or dreamed in color. When I was about 3, I remember the color of the "red-coat" British. This was an American Revolutionary War battle at my great-grandmother's. 35 years later I still see the dream clearly. Weird, huh?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I dream in colour, my lucid dreams are very vibrant, with extremely GREEN grass, BLUE skies etc...

I have also had music in my dreams (usually classical or orchestral) and i think i've experienced every sense (taste, smell, touch, sight and hearing)....

so what's the big deal? Who said we only dream in black and white... I thought that was dogs or something...????

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I always dream in ''full color'', and I realize this when I do dream recall, but also when I'm lucid in the dream itself (Even when I'm not lucid, I can still ''follow'' the dream, and it's still in color).

The most ''non-colorish" dream I've ever had still had colors, but they were less vivid, which gives the impression of a ''darker'' toned dream.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join