It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else dreams in 'color'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Sometimes in B + W.
Sometimes in Color.
But allways in gorious CinimaScope.

I don't know why really.

Uesually I can control what happens in them, other times i'm just along for the ride.

I also can feel things with my hands in my dreams, and taste things and smell things.

My dreams are Surreal.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Neurons that go bump in the night

Originally posted by runetang
color is the reflection of light. theres a mythical bird in ancient judaism that its said the colors were chosen from to be as they are to this day. since what our EYES gather data wise is sent to the nerves/brain and a color and image is instantly deciphered, how could we be seeing color in dreams, unless, somehow,

we are INDEED still perceiving in a form, just different from awake reality.

You're saying dreams are another kind of reality, one we only perceive when we are sleeping. You're saying that, while we are asleep, our brains are still taking in data from the nerves which connect them to our eyes and other sensory organs - maybe from the organs themselves.

I think dreams are more usually interpreted as the spontaneous activity of parts of our brains that deal with perception and interpretation - the ones that normally deal with data from those sensory nerves. Nobody really knows why this happens - why we dream. There are many theories, but whatever the reason, I'm sure it's a very good one. I don't think our dreams are brought to us by angels or demons, though it's a nice poetic metaphor, just as the Muses are a metaphor for creative inspiration.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I dream in color all the time. Well at least I think I do.
Also people have six dreams a night. But you can only remember one or none. One time I could remember two different dreams I had in one night.

Another time I had a dream that someone broke in my house and as they were coming up the stairs, I woke up and realized it was a dream. But I wanted to know so bad what was gonna happen next so I fell back asleep and went right back into the same dream.

Has anyone dreamed about something then the next day or week it happened? Because I get those all the time. I can like, tell the future in my sleep and then it happens.

-Staples

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I dream in colors when I can remember them.

I can't even remember the last time I dreamed in black and white. That would be kinda boring if I dreamed of shades of gray every night.

It would be awesome to lucid dream too, and I've always wanted to do it, even before I knew what lucid dreaming was. Knowing you are dreaming and/or controlling them would be so much fun, but it doesn't seem to be a skill that can be obtained. It's more of a chance thing or "luckiness" of a person.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by zstaples5

Has anyone dreamed about something then the next day or week it happened? Because I get those all the time. I can like, tell the future in my sleep and then it happens.

-Staples

All the time? Wow, that's pretty impressive. I've heard of people who can do that, but I've never done it. Maybe your tapping in the super-conscious a little, a consciousness deeper than the sub-conscious.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I don't recall ever having dreamed in black and white, only colour, sometimes the colours are brighter. Sometimes I dream I can fly, and last night I had one of those 'making my way home' dreams, and once in a while, I dream a whole day in my life, eighteen months ahead.
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I usually dream in color. I had a crazy dream two nights ago. I was at a cabin in the mountains with my cousin. The biggest anaconda I have ever seen came through the front door. I shot it in the face with an ak-47, killing it, only to discover that the biggest crocodile I had ever seen was coming right for me. It had a camo paint scheme.
It was armored and un-killable. At this time a noticed an incredibly horrific 6-legged spider, and woke up.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Every dream I had was in colours, except some strange b&w TV fog or snow (whatever you call it) dreams I used to have when I was younger.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zstaples5

-Staples

That happens to me fairly often. I notice whenever I get the feeling of déjà vu if I think about it for a moment I tend to recall having seen it in a dream. Kind of a frightening prospect really when you have a fairly reality based dream, wake up and wonder if it might actually happen in the near future.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Perhaps back in the 40's, 50's with just black and white telly, more people dreamed in black and white. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

i used to dream when i was younger and in fantastic colour--------to the point where i could not wait to go to bed every night for the next show--------but after going to work at 21? the dreams vanished-----------the reality of living in this hell must have turned them off----------i can only hope that now i've started my retirement process that they will eventually return and help me enjoy the new reality.if my dreams return and i can remember them ----i will tell you all.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Last night I had a dream that me and a buddy were going thru all my old G.I. Joe figures from the 80's and I remember it as being in color, like the blue COBRA outfits and the bright red Crimson Guards.

was this a weird dream? yes. but I cant help what I dream about

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I wouldn't call that a wierd dream. It is a believable part of your life that may just be reviewing a memory, or an alternate version of one.

Now, if the figures came to life, rewired your TV so you can talk to Cobra Commander, then you ally yourself with the GI Joe figures to stop him from taking out WTC while fighting off a bunch of rabid squirrels that are pelting you with nuts from the top of a Marshmellow peep tree...

Then you would start approaching wierd...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Colors help us identify things with our eyes in the waking world. For the most part in my dreams I only recognize color if it is relevant. Often the air will be a particular color. This color tells me a lot about the situation I am dreaming about. If objects or people are in color then I know they are significant. As an artist I have always used this a dream scheme to communicate at a deeper level.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Just close your eyes and imagine a rainbow over a cityscape. Do you imagine the colours also? Of course.

Also, not that i ever have, but if you take psychedelic drugs you see insane things in colour, not black and white. Even when your eyes are closed.

I dont understand why science would think we dream in black and white only.

Gareth.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yahn your post reminds me of 'old man and the sea'. He dreampt of maidens in his youth, and sun lolling lions in his later years. Just had some 'really' bizarre dreams of late. I didn't mean to cause a fuss. Love and Light.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hypntick

That happens to me fairly often. I notice whenever I get the feeling of déjà vu if I think about it for a moment I tend to recall having seen it in a dream. Kind of a frightening prospect really when you have a fairly reality based dream, wake up and wonder if it might actually happen in the near future.

Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Most of the dreams come 'true'. I get a strange feeling of deja vu.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
i think i usually dream in color. in a lot of my dreams the colors are so vivid or impressive to me in some way that im certain of it. sometimes ill have dreams where everything is kind of flat and lacking something i cant quite identify - actually thinking about it now, perhaps they were in black and white and i only thought they were color because i assumed they would be.

on a side note: i rarely get the flying dream as i usually hear it described. most of my "flying" dreams dont actually technically involve flying, its more of an ability to negate my personal gravity. i dont really fly, exactly, but i can jump pretty much as high as i want, sometime hover at the peak of the jump, and land nice and slow and soft. anyone else get this?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I dream in color with lucid dreaming. Very rarely do they come off as black and white dreams, maybe the more emotional dreams are not in color.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I dream in color.
I lucid dream.
I have both of the previously
mentioned :
Flying and
Gorilla type dreams.

I enjoy being able to control
my dreams, but much rather
let them run themselves.

Latest memorable dream :

I walk into a resort in Central Florida.
I'm with 5 other men. Right side of
the lobby leads to the mundane rooms.
Left side is the elite suites. Built in a
semi-circle fashion, with the center
being open from floor to roof, five floors
up.
Three guys head to the desk, the other
two throw flash-bangs on to the third
suite level. I open up with an AK, making
crossing patterns on the floor of the third
level.
I see a butler fall from the opening.
One of the guys elbows me, and say;
laughing "don't do TOO much structural
damage". I shoulder the AK. The other
guys return, and we walk out, as SWAT is
storming the building.
We get in a limo, G&R is playing on the radio.
One guy lowers the window.
A lady with a name-plate that says Manager
hands me a cd. It says "security video" on it.

I wake up.

My Lord, I love my dreams.

Regards,
Lex

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join