It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Immigrants: Stop Stealing Our Fish!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Dear Immigrants: Stop Stealing Our Fish!

www.dailymail.co.uk

To any peckish Poles or ravenous Romanians, the message could not be clearer.
Keep off our fish.

Three roadsign-style warnings were launched yesterday to stop Eastern European immigrants from spearing, taking home and cooking coarse fish from our rivers, lakes and canals.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-11-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Here's the picture that explains it all. I guess I gotta say wow, that was unexpected, lol. I don't think I knew they had issues with immigrants.

"Don't steal, cook, or kill fish"

Are they running out of fishes?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-11-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Wow this one kinda got me rolling, the concept is hilarious, and so are the pictures. Granted, there's probably a good reason for them feeling this way but it's been presented in a humorous fashion indeed.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Oh my, that symbol of a running man with a fish is hilarious

But this news seems more suited for BTS, though. Unless the Poles are conspiring to cause an ecological disaster

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I's not just fish that are vanishing, in my part of Sussex, a very large number of Heron have disappeared, Swans too, obviously 'Taste Like Chicken'
Horsegiver.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Carp are a problem here in the states in some places. They out compete with better liked fish species, and are consider pests by a lot of people.

And there is a blatant conspiracy here. These carp are an alien species that the UK wants to keep, so they can send them all over the world to take over waterways and port areas. I suspect that at some future date, they will cause massive problems with shipping and stock watering, in an effort to help usher in the NWO.

TheOne, I did the best I could to see if this could stay here in ATS.
I like a good laugh around here once in a while.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I will never eat any fish coming from rivers in America with all the junk floating around this people will end up with some weird diseases.

Hey they can come to the south and eat all the cat fish they want.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Lol..

Let them come to Lake Eire if they so wish. Last I checked it was still unsafe to eat more then one fish a year caught from its waters!

I have this funny imagine of a polish immigrant spearing a fish and then running down the road with it under his arm lol..

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Rockpuck, I still don't get it, I think that they can not read english and neither signs.

But running with fish down the road that is hilarious

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It's still not clear from what I read in the link provided, whether catching fish and taking it hope was strictly illegal. They say that it's a "tradition" to let the caught fish go, but it doesn't say if this is the law (as opposed to preference of the locals).

I just had a carp for dinner and it tasted great (no, I didn't spear it and I don't live in the UK lol).

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Wait a minute... it's illegal to fish unless it's strictly catch-and-release in the UK now? Add that to the huge pile of ridiculous laws. Do you need a fishing liscence over there? Here you have to buy a liscence every year around $20, and there is a big booklet each year with the limits of how many fish you can catch per day in what specific areas of each river and lake in the province, and what methods you can use to catch them during each time of year. As far as I know, you can fish for carp pretty much any time here, although spearfishing and bowfishing is pretty limited.

Still, imagining some guy running off with a 30 pound carp flapping under his arms is pretty hilarious.

Those signs are pretty weird... you're right, it doesn't say that it's actually illegal or that there is any kind of fine. It says "WARNING".... warning against what, what harm does cooking fish pose?

Anyway here is the link given on the images, it might answer some of your questions.

Jeez these guys look strict, they take german shepards on patrol to check for liscences?

environment-agency.gov.uk...

[edit on 11/21/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Why dont the UK create something like game wardens/conservation officers like we have here in the US to enforce the fisheries and conservation laws?

If thats not enough you could always take the Icelandic approach and put a few Royal Navy vessels in the area ...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I love the guy running with the fish under his arm, thats just classic.

even the language of the article is funny. "Pesky poels" "ravenous Romanians". Who writes this crap?

top topics

join