It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unicorn caught on tape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Usually I'm very skeptical when I see videos of ghosts and the likes... too many are just hoaxes. For some reason, though, I have the feeling this is real -- it's obviously an amateur video, and the guy was just zooming around, with no particular target in mind.

The people in the video speak German... here's what they're saying.

Woman (obviously talking about the landscape): "This is beautiful."

Man: "Really beautiful. And all this forest..." (Camera is moving to capture the wooded mountainside.)

Woman (mildly interested): "What's that there? Just look more over there."

Man (moves the camera around and zooms closer to mountainside to see what she means): "Are you talking about this birch tree back there? Or what?"

(zooms in on unicorn): "That's a cow or something."

Woman says something (I couldn't understand that part)

Man: "It's gone. Gone."

They don't even sound excited, more like "Ah, a goat. Now it's gone. Oh well." I bet it wasn't until they got home and reviewed the video that they realized they saw something very unusual. So no, I don't think it's a hoax.

I also don't think it's a horse. Switzerland doesn't have any wild horses, and you can see the horn rather clearly. Plus -- and of course this is completely subjective -- I normally don't have any emotional reaction when I see videos of this sort, but this one somehow really touched me.

Here's the video link (I hope I'm doing this embedding thing right...)

Google Video Link

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
vid link isnt working for me. you should try posting it again.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

Sorry, I just can't get this embedding stuff right.

Here's the link: Google video

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Looks fake...

First off, their looking at the beautiful landscape as a WHOLE, which means they're aren't focusing on anything particular, which makes it really harder to spot something, especially on a mountainside, especially that far away.

Just doesn't quite seem right.

-Jimmy-

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
There's another thread on this topic here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit to add; Here's the embedded video:

Google Video Link

[edit on 2007/11/20 by Hellmutt]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Look at the unicorn's shadow versus the other shadows surrounding it. The shadow is much darker than the other shadows, like the cliff face, trees, ground, and so on. The lighting is all wrong, imho. I think it's CG, personally.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
its fake....REALLY FAKE. it was as almost as tall as the trees, and it didnt even move right, the lighting was all wrong. its sooooo fake.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
im leaning tward fake. but who really know what it might be. it did look sorta odd though.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'm calling fake. one of the first things you have to look for with hoaxes is the way that an object is focused upon. First, they are looking out upon an entire valley, and the shooter seemingly chooses an arbitrary location, and shazam. We have our 'unicorn'. Notice that the Unicorn was also nice enough to stand still until the man could get the camera into focus, then left almost instantly.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
My belief is that its a fake but what they should have done to make more realisic was got some plaster of paris and fixed it on a real pure white horse which would have taken care of the sizing and shadow problems being that it would be a real live horse just with a fake horn

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
to tell you all thtruth i cant se anything

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
We already have a larger thread on the footage going on here.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I'm not buying it.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
that was so fake ho can someone notice something that far away second he was looking all over the place so that would lower thae chances of him actually spotting the alleged unicorn. CGI

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm calling fake, due to the simple fact that unicorns do not exist. Call me closed minded, but the possibility that unicorns may be real is just not something I'm willing to entertain.

Unicorns. Lol.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CloudlessKnight
Look at the unicorn's shadow versus the other shadows surrounding it. The shadow is much darker than the other shadows, like the cliff face, trees, ground, and so on. The lighting is all wrong, imho. I think it's CG, personally.

Yeah, definitely CG (HOAXED).

Also, notice how when they see it, the supposed unicorn is there standing, but then suddenly moves a second later. Plus, notice the movement of th unicorn, it doesn't look natural to me and it looks very faked.

---HOAX---

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Good catch on the shadow. Second time through I see what you mean. What clues me in the most as not accurate is the quote by the person who filmed it, "women think, it's real, men think, it's fake. great discussion on our blog." It was a 'ha ha' conversation starter. Even the person filming apparently doesn't think it's real. To me, that's the first problem. The video is titled "Unicorn or what?" so since the filmer is asking me, my answer is "what".

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Even with the darker shadow, movement and so on aside... my first thought was that it was fake for the same reason that another person posted; how did they see it from so far away?

Also, it seems so perfect that they got it in view for a brief moment before it was out of sight...

But mostly I'm thinking of the fact that they managed to see it from so far away.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
hahaha ofc its fake for a start it looks way too uni-cornish to be real =P and its moves like a robot, its legs seem very stiff lol

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Though the footage may seem as you described ,"Tourists" there is one problem that I have found.
If you go to watch the video again, stop it at 31secs, and move it slowly forward to 33secs, the image plain and simply appears and disappears with in 2secs.
As for the appearance, my sister and I have concluded that is a species horse family, but the thing you say is a "Horn" could very well be an optical illusion from such a long distance and more than likely is the ear of the beast in a profile view.
IMHO....

My 2c worth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join