It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another city on Mars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I thought for sure this would already be on ATS somewhere but I looked and did not see it, so here it is...

After Adam Marturana's discovery of an Osiris-Statue and Step-Pyramid, I assumed, that there might by more artefacts of the Martian civilization nearby. Eventually, through searching douzends of photos, I found on April 30th, 1999, these Ruins of an ancient city in Candor Chasma!

The city is located on a hill between Ophir and Candor Chasma. You can see remains of buildings, about 40 to 200 meters wide and 10 to 100 meters high. It is almost impossible, that these shapes could be produced by natural erosion processes.

source

Seems convincing enough to me...

Edit: added source
[edit on 20-11-2007 by Icon_xof]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Hi, Icon_xof

I post the reference to the original image from an official source:

Mars Global Surveyor
MOC Image ab104205
Image description:
Image Description:
LOWER EAST MARGIN OF INTERIOR DEPOSIT IN CENTRAL CANDOR CHASMA

ida.wr.usgs.gov...
Parameters for MOC Standard Decompressed Data Product ab104205
General
MOC Image ab104205
Orbit 042
Columns 1024
Rows 2944
Orientation True

Geometry
Latitude -5.95°
Longitude 72.53°
Resolution * 4.79 m
Phase Angle 55.12°
Incidence Angle 58.10°
Emission Angle 40.30°
North Azimuth 267.48°
Slant Range (km) 1082.43
Spacecraft Altitude (km) 883.71

Engineering
Gain 2A
Offset 50
Summing Mode
(Downtrack) 1

ida.wr.usgs.gov...
ida.wr.usgs.gov...

[edit on 20/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I'm not quite sure about your theory, but its pretty obvious that MY theory are better... I've spent many hours on analysing this image now, its pretty clear to me that this is the real deal ...

[edit on 20-11-2007 by tep200377]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377
I'm not quite sure about your theory, but its pretty obvious that MY theory are better... I've spent many hours on analysing this image now, its pretty clear to me that this is the real deal ...

YESS!!! It was a matter of time...

But at the end someone posted the THE GOOD OLD SNOWMAN JOKE on ATS!!!

WHOHOOO!!!!!

OK... had my laugh for now...

lets go to A good laugh for some more jokes of this level.

In the mean time we can go on to discuss oddities, anomalies and other ideas in a more normal way.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Brilliant.

As to the images this thread is about, I think you'll find just about anything, staring at it long enough with a determined intent to see "something".

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

Oh my Lord, im laughing my arse off.

I agree. Anyone can see anything, in any object.

I see no city in the original picture. I see natural formations

The other day I was in the shower and I swear to God (and im being very serious) there was a face in the shower curtain - and its solid white. However, I was pretty tired, had a horrible sinus headache and was staring at it for some time.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Wow guys great speculations!
I mean, the ghostbusters guy was just great. I think I was just inspired to go and ridicule anything that I dont agree with, you know, like "soul catchers" on the moon! How riculous! Screw being open minded or allowing people to post freely, lets go and make fun of people!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Icon_xof

Who said anything about making fun og anyone, Im dead serious!!

Me to ..

After Adam Marturana's discovery of an Osiris-Statue and Step-Pyramid

Ok, lets get this straight.. "Discovery" is a missused word for sure .. It's like me stating that I have discovered the Ghost busters ghost on the surface of mars ... MY discovery .. I can not back it ut with any facts, so its NOT a discovery, its just an opinion untill the facts are on the table.

In this case i really think YOU are the one making fun of all the readers/posters of ATS.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
When I was a kid there was this cliff down the road that I swore looked like a witches castle. And it still kinda does today if i look at it the right way.

As others said, each person will look at something and see something different. A bunch of rocks in odd shapes, might just be a bunch of rocks in odd shapes.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Icon_xof

Who said anything about making fun og anyone, Im dead serious!!

Me to ..

After Adam Marturana's discovery of an Osiris-Statue and Step-Pyramid

Ok, lets get this straight.. "Discovery" is a missused word for sure .. It's like me stating that I have discovered the Ghost busters ghost on the surface of mars ... MY discovery .. I can not back it ut with any facts, so its NOT a discovery, its just an opinion untill the facts are on the table.

In this case i really think YOU are the one making fun of all the readers/posters of ATS.

Sorry, but you were clearly bashing the OP for what he posted because you don't believe what he said he found. You tried making a joke and failed.

And the debunkers on this site wonder why the believers can't stand them? Look at how most of you people act. You read something you don't believe and feel the need to attack and make fun of others because you think everything you believe is fact while everyone else is wrong.

They way you all seem to enter threads and do it all at once is annoying. It's like you all have a little club where you meet up to decide what thread to crash:

Debunker 1: Hey guys I found a thread. Some guy thinks he found an ancient city on Mars.

Debunker 2: What a joke. The guy must be a complete tool.

Debunker 1: Oh he is. I say we attack the thread. Everyone ready?

Debunkers 2 Thru 100: Sir, Yes Sir. It's not like we have anything better to do. We just sit on computers all day talking trash about others because we have closed minds and already know the answers everything.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david
Sorry, but you were clearly bashing the OP for what he posted because you don't believe what he said he found. You tried making a joke and failed.

My stock question is: "Got anything other than the image?" That is, does the OP have any other tiny little bit of information other than the image to back up the claim (or suggestion)? You know, just because something bears a vague resemblance to something else, doesn't mean that's what it is. Natural formations can look like all kinds of things.

But if this visual similarity was backed up by something else, that would be something worth noting! We'd all love to see it. As it is, though, something looks sort of like something else. Whoop-dee-freekin-DOO!

P.S. -- Besides, I think at this point we all agree that mikesingh almost has a default claim on all these dopey "Alien City on Mars?!?!" type threads. The OP may owe him royalties.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by Nohup]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
My stock question is: "Got anything other than the image?" That is, does the OP have any other tiny little bit of information other than the image to back up the claim (or suggestion)?

I never claimed anything. I just thought it was kinda cool and wanted to share it. Yeah, its probably nothing, but thats true with alot of things you can find on ATS.

...the threads you regret...

top topics

join