It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's "Saving Grace"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Im not sure if many are aware of a man by the name of Rev. Tim LaHaye, or if anyone is aware of his political influence in the Bush Administration.

In 1981 LaHaye founded the Council for National Policy, an elite group with only a few hundred members who meet only three times a year at posh hotels or resorts. The CNP goes to extraordinary measures to keep its members and agenda a secret.
According to members who are willing to talk, the CNP's ranks include Ed Meese and John Ashcroft, televangelists Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell, and activists including Grover Norquist (President of Americans for Tax Reform, and an avid supporter of the Republican Party) and Oliver North.
The CNP is supported by Texas oilman Nelson Bunker Hunt, Amway founder Richard DeVos and Joseph Coors (Coors Brewing Company), some in the group helped fund Oliver North's campaign to aid the Nicaraguan contra rebels during the 1980's and financed the impeachment effort against former President Bill Clinton (the effort was reportedly concieved at a June 1997 meeting of the CNP in Montreal).
LaHayes interpretation of biblical prophecy revolve intensly around Iraq, because he believes Armageddon will be unleashed from the Antichrist's headquarters in Babylon. Since the 1970's (when Iraq began reconstruction of the ancient city, near Baghdad) LaHaye has said that Saddam Hussein is carrying out Satan's mission. In 1999, LaHaye wrote that Saddam is "a servant of Satan" possessed by a demon, and he could be "the forerunner of the Antichrist."

In 1999, as Bush was gearing up his presidential campaign, he made a little noticed trip to a gathering of the Committee to Restore American Values (a gathering of right-wing christian activists, chaired by LaHaye). The committee assembled about two dozen of the nations leading fundamentalists.
That day, behind closed doors, LaHaye presented Bush with a lengthy questionaire on issues such as abortion, judicial appointments, education, religious freedom, gun control and the Middle East. What LaHaye thought of Bush's answers would largley determine whether the Christian right would back Bush.
According to Paul Weyrich, "Bush went into the meeting not totally acceptable, he went out not only acceptable but enthusiastically supported."

Im sorry if this confuses anyone, but when I start to type and think at the same time things can get messy

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by Tetsuo-51]

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Does anyone have any info to share on this? Or any questions? How about some theories? C'mon, you guys are boring me

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I hate having to reply to my own thread but I cant believe that noone sees the connection between LaHayes views, Bush and Ashcrofts agenda and the war in Iraq.

May I quote Bush: "God told me to strike at Al Qaeda, and I struck them. Then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did."

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Pretty interesting post to say the least. But I think this Rev. LaHaye is a crazy bastard. Biblical prophecy? I think this whole armageddon thing is bull#.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply. Of course LaHaye is mad. But the scary thing is that Bush actually listens to him.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51
Thanks for the reply. Of course LaHaye is mad. But the scary thing is that Bush actually listens to him.

Then Bush is an even crazier son of a bitch than we thought.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Also, I think a big part of the war in Iraq is because of LaHaye. LaHaye said that Saddam is "a servant of Satan" possessed by a demon, and that he could be "the forerunner of the Antichrist."

Ultimately, says LaHaye, before Christ can return to Earth, Iraq, led by the Antichrist, must engage in a world-shaking showdown with Israel. According to LaHaye, the Antichrist ends up heading the U.N. and moving it to Iraq.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Ultimately, says LaHaye, before Christ can return to Earth, Iraq, led by the Antichrist, must engage in a world-shaking showdown with Israel. According to LaHaye, the Antichrist ends up heading the U.N. and moving it to Iraq.

Man that is some crazy #. That La Haye is dangerous if Bush actually believes all that nonsense.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Exactly my point. Do we really want a religious fanatic in office? I sure as hell dont.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Exactly my point. Do we really want a religious fanatic in office? I sure as hell dont.

I dont want religious fanatics anywhere... much less in office. I tell you Organized religion will be the downfall of hummanity.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
We're no better than the "terrorists" we're waging war with. The US war on terror seems more like a Jihad to me.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

We're no better than the "terrorists" we're waging war with. The US war on terror seems more like a Jihad to me.

Damm straight. What business do we have invading countries that have done nothing to us in the first place. Wasting Billions of dollars abroad that could be put to good use at home... and people getting laid off left and right. This is BULL#!!

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
We have no business doing what we're doing in the Middle East at this point. I have a feeling Bush and the Christian Right wont stop untill all Muslims are wiped clean from the face of the Earth.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

We have no business doing what we're doing in the Middle East at this point. I have a feeling Bush and the Christian Right wont stop untill all Muslims are wiped clean from the face of the Earth.

The way things are going who knows.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Again, this "war on terror" is really a Jihad on the Middle East and everyone else that doesnt agree with BUSH'S views (a.k.a. LaHaye's views recycled).

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Again, this "war on terror" is really a Jihad on the Middle East and everyone else that doesnt agree with BUSH'S views (a.k.a. LaHaye's views recycled).

And things are just likely to get worse as time progreses. Im still waiting for the next "staged" terrorist attack to happen to see what middle eastern country will get blamed for it.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I have the same feeling. I also think that Bush believes that by ousting Saddam and rebuilding Iraq "his way", he will start paving the way for Christ to return. Remember, Bush is definitly a religious zealot, no doubt about it.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Oh boy we have another bunch of Bildeburgers, elitists pulling the puppet strings.

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Remember, Bush is definitly a religious zealot, no doubt about it.

It is my belief that the majority of politicians have sold their souls to Satan!!

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
SkipShipman - What is [c]?

Oh I get it, that means something even more secret than mooney moolah, grey ETs, above top secret things even more above top secret than above top secret.

How come I already know what people said when there is a [c] here or there?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join