It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New US "space plane" to be used as bomber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Congress has allocated funds to develop futuristic weapons and intelligence systems that operate beyond the Earth's atmosphere as America looks past Iraq and Afghanistan to the wars of the future.

The Falcon

Unfortunately no manufacturer is listed - so I am not sure if this is speculation, but the article does state that first flight will be within a year?

I suppose we will wait and see.

-------------------------------------------
Replaced quote with 'ex' tags for external material

[edit on 19-11-2007 by berbalang]

[edit on 20/11/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hmmmm, I wonder if this has anythng to do with the nw hanger being built at Area 51? For all we know they may have built the plane already and this could be the "Aroua".
Vince

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Well, it definitely ties in with GWB reneging on the treaty to avoid "militarisation" of space last year (or was it earlier this year?).

Either way, its not really a good sign if the weapons point in... pointing out - well, I'm not going to argue.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kilcoo316

maybe the chinese should stop double talking. first they say they don't want the militarize space then they light up american satalite with their lazers! Bet they would have screamed bloody murder if we had lit up one of their satalites. Why do so many people have such a bias and selective condimnation of our own country is beyond me!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Wow, I would love to be flying in that thing.

Where do I go to file an application to fly that thing, lol.

Their is no telling what our government has under raps at Area 51, it's kinda scary but exciting at the same time.

Great post, Starred.

[edit on 11/20/2007 by Uniceft17]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockets red glare
maybe the chinese should stop double talking. first they say they don't want the militarize space then they light up american satalite with their lazers! Bet they would have screamed bloody murder if we had lit up one of their satalites. Why do so many people have such a bias and selective condimnation of our own country is beyond me!

1. The lasers are ground based.

2. Its nothing the USA or USSR has not done in the past.

3. I'm not American. I condemn all that I think are in the wrong. You mentioned China, I did not.

www.ucsusa.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

After a Phase I evaluation of four competing CAV/HTV design proposals, Lockheed Martin received the sole Phase II contract in August 2004 to develop and build the HTVs for the Falcon program

From Here

Very interesting read, actually.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think I remember Intelgurl saying new hanger at Groom Lake had something to do with the so called "SR-72", a hypersonic UAV I believe. I'd imagine that this is a completely separate project. I'm interested in where this project ends up going. Considering all the sci-fi we've all seen depicting space battles I really wonder what the first space battlecraft will be like.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i was reading some popular science article about space planes however they were talking about commercial space planes they already tested a few but apparently havent taken one to space yet.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I sometimes think that one of the reasons that the f-22 funding has been "cut" is because there are craft in the works that make the f-22 obsolete.

I know that the official reason is because it is a "cold war" design, but I wouldn't be surprised that within a decade the United States will have something that will make the f22 take second place in the area of "fighter" aircraft.

Take into consideration that the f-22 is now nearly 20 years old in developmental age.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by berbalang

It's called the SR-72 Blackswift, it utilizes SR-71 type Turbo/Ramjet hybrid engines, a huge facility for it is being built out at Groom Lake and the contractor is Lockheed.

Read more in Intelgurl's post:
SR-72 Confirmed: Mach 6 Project Blackswift

join