It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires, the real deal...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
just to prevent any confusion, i want to say that i think jesus may have been a real angel incarnated on earth as the christ like religion says - based on his teachings of loving thy neighbour, and doing to others etc. It sounds like the teachings of a very spiritually advanced entity. I wonder if christianity adopted some elements of the pagan/older religions (that related to many different gods) at a later date, that were originally foreign to his teachings? (i dont really know; im quite confused about the whole thing, but i do believe in jesus's teachings of kindness to and love for others. and i believe his message/teachings are good).

Re: the movie twilight, edward gives bella an apple - a reference to the temptation of eve in the garden of eden by hte serpent??

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Think of this as you will. but i am a firm believer in vampires. and i would just like to put down some reasons why I and many others believe in what we do. my name is Bella but don't think im a twilight obsessed fan im only in this because i am a vampire believer and always have been:

1) If vampires are truly as clever, intelligent and evolved as myth and legend make them out to then is it any wonder why they haven't yet been properly discovered and have been able to blend in with the scene of the normal day life of a human with out a hitch?

2) think to a few years back, when scientists said that absolutely nothing could live to a certain point in the ocean as the pressure at the bottom was so strong anything that went down there would inevitably ... die? well years later they found a whole new species! aquatic creatures that we would never of dreamed of. and that shows that people get it wrong, it shows that scientist can be wrong sometimes... dead wrong.

and yes what if vampires have tried reaching out to us? Like if a newly created vampire is lonely and wants, needs to tell someone about him/her so it can take the strain off them, but by the time they try to convince us, a fellow vampire or a coven member has told them the dangers and has convinced him/her vampire that they cant tell anyone or else? and then the lonesome vampire has simply agreed.

4) the last and most puzzling but true reason. Shouldn't we be finding ways to prove why they cant exist not ways to show they do? i mean there is more proof showing they do, from sightings and odd events and history staitments. There is no proof that they don't exist accept from the fact that there isn't any to show 100% that they do. so if anyone ever says they do not exist then ask them for the proof. I bet they cant show you any and never will. I don't know if we ever will know if they 100% do exist but look at the facts and the science of it all. we have prodigies, physics, and extraordinary people in this world which should be impossible so why not vampires?

Thanks for reading

Any questions that are sensible i am happy to answer

Bells.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
yeah, i really wonder if the superhuman speed, strength etc might be due to their being an alien species that developed on a planet with different gravity/conditions - so that in our gravity etc they seem to have 'superhuman' abilities. (like superman).

If you look at the statues of st augustin, colombia, you can see that the carvings on the ancient statues all have fangs.

note the recurring theme of fangs being linked to demons and gods in asian mythology - many asian gods/demons are shown with fangs and often green or blue skin too.

Osiris had green skin; indian gods have blue skin. there is a tribe of people living in the appalachian mountains today who still have blue skin (its called a genetic problem). tuatha de danaan were supposed to have had green skin by some accounts. Witches were always depicted with green skin. (and interestingly, like vampires, were also burnt at the stake).

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Witches were not always depicted with green skin. That's a pop culture thing.

Colloidal silver can also cause blue skin, for the record.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
all I can add is this

the original vampires were thought to be graverobbing despicable creatures of the night, like nosferatu

the romantic types were first intruduced by Polidori , and inspired by the original bad boy, Lord Byron

the amazing part ?

Polodori wrote his story the same night Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein

If you are into this stuff rent the movie Gothic. but first read up on that fateful night or you will be miserably lost

so anyway, are we talking about nosferatu or the romantics ?

[edit on 12-4-2009 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I entertain the possibility that the Comte De St. Germain may have been a Vampire. He is said to have never aged, was spotted after his "normal" lifespan should have expired, and drank some "elixir" instead of eating. The need for blood does not necessarily equate to violence.

This poster mentions something very important here! The vampire mythos directly ties into alchemy. Bram Stoker's book Dracula has many references to the mysteries of alchemy.

There is a way to make the Philosopher's Stone from human blood. This version of the Stone is the universal medicine for humans. It has the ability to slow aging, or even prevent it in some circumstances (depending on the multiplication strength of the Stone). Blood carries the life force. This life force is directly manipulated, exalted, multiplied, and fixed by alchemical operations.

It's said that this knowledge was possessed by Adam (adamah = red earth), Cain, Moses, Aaron, etc. If you know your biblical history it's said that they lived quite long. This secret is the grand secret of many occult based secret societies (Golden Dawn, Ordo Templi Orientis, Argenteum Astrum, etc).

Do you know the story behind the holy grail? The cup that held the blood of Christ. The cup that is said to grant immortality to whomever drinks from it? The term "holy grail" can also be manipulated via its French translation to mean royal blood (in accordance with the alchemical phonetic cabala). It's believed that this is supposed to hint towards a secret bloodline of Jesus, but actually it's meant to be taken literally.

Blood sacrifices are often employed in magickal practices because of the extremely potent life force contained within the fluid. It is a potent magnet for all astral entities - both good and bad.

This is very real, and very dangerous.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Aleilius]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
yeah, apparantly colloidal silver can, but the appalachians werent drinking colloidal silver. it was sposed to be genetic.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The only thing about vampires that has always made me sceptical about them, is that all around the world in every time period there have been similar stories being told about similar creatures. Every country has Vampire stories that sound very similar. Even before there were ways of communicating intercontinentally, there were already stories about them. I'm not saying they're all true, but if there wasn't somewhat of a true aspect to them, why would these stories exist? Same with werewolfs, although by now we know that there are sicknesses which were mistaken by ancient people to be lycanism.
I also think that a certain form of magic does exist, but not the magic being showed to us today. In very distant parts of the world like Tibet for example magic probably exists...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
perhaps 'magic' is just science we dont understand; or even something physical or biological we dont understand (like the characteristics an alien life form might have on this planet if they came from one wiht different conditions etc.). shapeshifting might be possible it might just be some sort of weird science or something.

Re: the old school vampire stories: with the graves etc. thats a bit confusing; the only thread running through it all is puncture marks on the neck. getting out of the grave i suppose could be done the way greys levitate people thru matter - if matter's no barrier to you.
possession of the body might be some kind of 'shapeshifting' type science.
the problem ive got is the puncture marks. since when do dead bodies grow fangs?

Following the puncture mark trail (physical evidence - or at least something tangible) : you can go to the american indian skinwalker legends/cattle mutilations/chupacubra stories. (altho the chupacubra isnt sposed to be humanoid - it is reputed to leave puncture marks. how many creatures can there be walking around leaving puncture marks on people?) .. dunno. just a theory.

yeah, i know about witches, green skin and popular culture. thanks for pointing it out. it doesnt really bother me tho, cuz im just looking for correlations. how did witches get to be associated w green skin in popular culture is interesting? where did the whole green and blue skin thing come from? why does it crop up again and again - indian mythology, celtic mythology, etc. why are there people living today who actually have blue skin due to a genetic condition? (also i read a thread on this site about someone with green blood even).

i just like weird possibilities.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I definitely KNOW that vampires exist, so I'm just going to cut to the chase--does anyone know anything about vampire bars in the U.S.? I'm not talking about the lame bars that emos and goths like to go to and pretend to be vampire. I'm talking about the real deal bars.
I am actually specifically looking for one in Arizona. Tucson and Pheonix are both way too big and full of crime for me to believe that there wouldn't be a vampire bar in one of these cities. So if anyone knows anything of use, I would greatly appreciate it

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I do not mean to bring back this seemingly "dead" post, but I was skimming through it and I must get one thing clear for all of us.
Vampires are most certainly NOT aliens.
They are inexplicable. Do not question what cannot be answered.
Secondly, you people are thinking too much of dark ages and medieval ages and Dracula's and Nosferatu's. . . Vampires go back way further. From ancient Summeria to ancient Greece, hell, even in ancient Asia, there have been stories, lore, legends, and sightings of vampiric creatures. The species is not one definite form there are many types of vampiric species, from ghoulish to gorgeous they differ.
Thirdly, any person that uses Twilight as a model of a vampire is an absolute idiot.
-Shadestruck

edit- Sanguine and psi vampires are complete nonsense. You are either vampire or not. If you are "sanguine" or "psi" you are nothing more than a poser and are wasting others time.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by shadestruck]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadestruck
The species is not one definite form there are many types of vampiric species, from ghoulish to gorgeous they differ. ... You are either vampire or not. If you are "sanguine" or "psi" you are nothing more than a poser and are wasting others time.

I didn't want to let your efforts in bringing back this thread go to waste.

So if a vampire is a separate species, they have different DNA than human DNA. Perhaps you could find us a member of one of these "vampiric species" and we could run a very simple test to prove your hypothesis?

"Sanguine" means that it is related to blood. That is what that word means. For example, the "bloodstar" sea star has the species name Henricia sanguinolenta. Note the root "sanguin." Are you telling us that "true" vampires have nothing to do with blood? Then how would you define a vampire?

I could say that many people in this discussion are posers and wasting other people's time. That doesn't mean they will go away, however.

[edit on 10/22/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Surely there is a lot of posers and the kids taking their "wisdom" from the tv series, but...if we define the vampires not as the diffrent race but either kind of mutation happening very rarely like the psychopaty making some peoples efficient and smart but completely unable to feel empaty. The "Vampire defect" must be 10000 times more rare...And surely can mate with the "normal" humans...
The second theory
the vampires are kind of the subspecies of the human race
like the differently colored people. Even if the tales and the legends of their superhuman ablities are exagerrated anyway it makes them the winners in every imaginable competitions. So if you want to find the "real vampires" look at some elitists families, bizarre royal houses etc )

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
s?

"Sanguine" means that it is related to blood. That is what that word means. For example, the "bloodstar" sea star has the species name Henricia sanguinolenta. Note the root "sanguin." Are you telling us that "true" vampires have nothing to do with blood? Then how would you define a vampire?

You misunderstand me. I do not mean vampires have nothing to do with blood. I mean little goth children who drink their friends blood are not vampires. Those who claim to be "sanguine" ( an awakened or natural born vampire who must feed off blood of others even though they are just children who hate mainstream things and listen to industrial music [ don't get me wrong I have nothing against goths or industrial music ]) are posers.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by shadestruck

I believe that true vampires would, by definition, be sanguine.

I think I also need to learn to just stay a meterstick away from these threads, because it's a losing battle.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

But it sure is fun to fight the battle!!!!

I, for one, believe very mucch in the existence of the so called "children of the night" and hope very much to meet one someday.
Or just have an strange encounter

It's just one of thosethings that have to happen, you know!

Let's keep this topic alive! I've heard many interesting theories in here and wouldn't like to see this topic go to waste!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HolyCrap

I do not believe this topic will ever die. This thread might, but there is such a plethora of vampire threads in this forum that I'm not worried.

I'd love to see more intellectual vampire threads. That include real research and effort.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well if you can picture vampires in your head and say that they exist. Then they do exist. But man what's up with all the talk with vampires all of a sudden? Everyone must be geared up and looking forward to go Trick or Treating I see.

By the way where is Darknessforever when you need him.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by Shrukin89]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm glad to see this thread is active again. I don't know how many of you reading this thread have read the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice, but after this you may want to take a closer look at them. I have been doing research for several years and have found that the so-called "fictional characters" of her books are not so fictional. Lestat de Lioncourt really does exist. He does live in the very same houses mentioned in the books, and someone with the same name lived in L'Auvergne, France in the late 1700's and in New Orleans, Louisiana a bit later. Anne Rice herself even speaks about having conversations with Lestat. If any of you are skeptical, I welcome you to do some investigation yourself. Lestat is not very difficult to find information on, mostly because he is so bold and reckless, he doesn't take great lengths to hide himself. The others, on the other hand, are a bit more difficult to locate.

I welcome any comments or questions on what I've written

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Drinking blood is an HIV risk. Since I was diagnosed HIV-poz I find a lot of horror romance was true. We take on a whole new personality and are dangerous to others. I mean we have a potential to control. I'll never do it, but I have imagined, what if I stuck that person who has really upset me with my blood?
Not surprisingly then most current vampire fiction has moved from supernatural revulsion at the undead, towards some apocalyptic virus.
As Susan Sontag discussed, all the modern plagues have had their romantic stereotypes as metaphors.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join