It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires, the real deal...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleilius

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I entertain the possibility that the Comte De St. Germain may have been a Vampire. He is said to have never aged, was spotted after his "normal" lifespan should have expired, and drank some "elixir" instead of eating. The need for blood does not necessarily equate to violence.

This poster mentions something very important here! The vampire mythos directly ties into alchemy. Bram Stoker's book Dracula has many references to the mysteries of alchemy.

Just for clarification, Bram Stoker's Dracula was turned by Satan in the Scholomance.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
well its been a while on this thread eh? I've nothing interesting to say, for it is always speculated... but for example in evolution it may be more fathomable if you look at other species we keep finding that rely mostly upon blood.

So far we have vampire bats, moths, (octopus? or so was the video i watched the other day), mosquitos and ticks for sure. starts small and works its way up. Who knows? Possibilities are endless but imagine if it is merely a cycle of evolution even? That waxes and wanes throughout the ages which may have lead to the myths of old then the strain "died" out and is slowly coming back again? Just a random thought is all but I find it to be very amusing.

Hope this is read someday by the OP but overall, it is fun speculating and truly I would want to know before death *nods* and not after. But then again, why would I want to know the truth if I learnt they did not exist at all or ever then that would really be disappointing, so for now, let the mysterious be mystery?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I used tohave a girlfriend that was a vampire.

She could do bizarre things with her tongue .

One night I woke up at midnight , and her 60cm. tongue

was down my throat! YIKES .

I found out she was a serial killer before I met her ,

and had started that behaviour at 8 years old!

She tried to stab me many times .She even did in one of my

friends while I was at work , and tried to set me up for it!

The cops consistently turned a blind eye , and have even jailed other

people for her crimes. I left her in 1992 , and n ow live many thousands of

miles away .She is also a thief and tax cheat , stealing millions from me .

Her family has connections to Hollywood .She is half Lebanese , half

Scottish ,and has spent some time in America .

VAMPIRES ARE REAL ... and NO I'm not one!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
There has been a lot of discussion about vampires over the years, especially about the different kinds of vampires and who mightr have been the first vampire...Vlad Tepesch ( vlad the impaler ) was just the basis for the popular dracula ( dracula derived from the order Vlad belonged to " Dracul " or order of the dragon ) character in bram stokers novel, because of his tendency towards extreme violence and bloodlust, but looking even further back into history the first vampire may have been discovered during 2400 BC written on the " Sumerian King" list. A long list of sumerian kings, the most important in this study is king gilgamesh whos father was a reported " Lillu "or most commonly an incubus very very close to a vampire, since sumerian cuneiform was one of the first written ( Not using pictures or symbols ) languages it is very safe to say that vampires or something very close to them existed as early as 3200 BC...another popular belief is that Judas Iscariot may have been the first "true" vampire, after betraying Jesus, judas was shamed and hung himself shortly after jesus was crucified, the tale explains that judas dying was visited by angels on the field of blood and told him that because of his slefish act he was damned to walk the earth in the shadows feasting on innocent blood, like the spilling of jesus's innocent blood, and nromal food and drink would no longer nourish him...im not sure if this is true but it is interesting...these are the 2 oldest accounts that i know of, there are others as time goes on like Lilith from biblical times, elizabeth bathory, Fritz Haarman, John George Haigh...the list goes on and on. I would post descriptions of each person but google is awesome and will have tons of information. As far as the quesion are vampires real?? i believe maybe something could exist similar to a vampire but im not sure if physiologically it is possible, bodies were not meant to ingest or process large amounts of blood and can cause sever sickness, also there have, at least scientifically, been no reports of any person being able to process or have the need to feed off blood there are creatures like the vampire bat, various leeches, insects and some marine life and the like, to survive specifically on blood, although i want to believe in these beings just like every other wierd and scary thing out there im just sceptical...but make your own theories keep the search going hopefully i have helped out and been a welcome contributor to this thread thank you....

[edit on 26-5-2010 by 933K5T4R]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
You may not believe in what i say but here it goes...... The other month i had a cut from trying to slice a bread roll. After two weeks the blood started to get cold, and my friends and family even said it was cold to touch. Recently about two weeks ago the same thing happened but the cut healed after two days. My lip piercing became infected and your meant to take it out to stop your mouth rotting etc. but it healed within 8 hours of me giving it no treatmeant. Im starting to get very aggressive over the smallest things and im getting very carried away with my own strength. Im not saying im super strong but i dont realize when im hurting someone as i think im being soft. My pupils are starting to get very big nearly covering the whole of my iris. People have been telling me they cannot help but stare into my eyes and whenever i walk threw london people just give me blank expressions just looking straight at me. My friends noticed aswell. My dog hates me, when i go to hug or stroke him he growls or cries but he always just stares at me and does what i say first time id say a command. Im known to be quite clumsy and ALL the times i have fallen over or tripped very badly i have never ever, done any damage to my body. I feel as if im being watched at night and at the end of my garded i saw a flash from over the top of my back gate. When i went upstairs and checked it out from the window, i saw a figure move from the gate to near the little alley next to my house but it was just a black blur as it was to fast to see. Recently, i have been having the worst dreams of the same man with long black hair and dark black eyes standing over a dead body, last night he kept telling me too make up, these dreams have been going on since two months before i turned 16. Maybe im imagining it, and im not saying im a vampire but my little sister said, maybe your a vampire and some how it just all added up.......... Please dont take the mic if you think im crazy just dont reply thanks

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I don't believe vampires in the mythological sense are possible. The largest organism that lives off blood is the vampire bat. To survive strictly off blood you have to ingest a huge amount of it. Vamp bats ingest so much they urinate while they eat and have specially modified kidneys to handle the mostly water diet. Now a vampire bat is 3 inches long and consumes a tablespoon of blood at a feeding. Significant in relation to his size. Leaches, the blood thirsty moth, mosquitos all have to consume large amounts of blood proprtional to their body weight.

A human that existed entirely on blood isn't possible. It would require that the stomach, kidneys and liver would need to be modified in extraordinary manners for the creature to survive. So if a human was a vamp and derived his diet soley from blood he'd have to ingest, ballpark figure here, about 1/2 his body weight to get appropriate nutritional value.

Now some people will say they don't need it. Undead or not the creature still has to maintain it's body and organs. And they require certain things to function. So they still have to take in the typical nutritional value a human would in order to sustain its body. If it didn't muscles organs etc... would deteriorate.

There is a reason blood feeders are small. They would have to consume inordinate amounts of blood to survive and sustain their existence. SO no I don't think a real vampire is even remotely possible. It's the stuff of legend. Besides a 180 lb vamp having to drink 90 lbs of blood per day would kill about 18 people per day to get enough blood to sustain its organs. And thats if it drained them dry. For a large animal that's ridiculous.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I think people are misunderstanding what the original mythos is on vampires...vampires are not exclusive blood drinkers, adequate research will show you that throughout history vampires do ingest a fairly large amount of blood, but it is not there staple, hollywood has injected its own rulings and twisted the tales of the vampire to lead the general public to believe that vampires feed exclusivley on blood. The blood they comsume gives them thier youthful appearance as well as there supernatural strangth derived from the live blood cells that regenerates there dead cells...a vampire will not die because of a lack of human blood it will just start to decay and digress into a monstrous state...or so the legends say. and in response to the above post, thank you for you ropinion y the way, and i might be wrong but i think the " vampire finch " of the galapagos is the the largest sanguivore...i think lol

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Great thread.

Here in Greece we have a huge tradition on vampires.People used to believe in their existence(some still do) and they were serious about it.There are different names for the vampires,the official is vrykolakas,and there are many villages named after them(i.e. Katahanas in Crete/Katahanas is the name the Cretans use for vampires)

The categories of people who would turn in vampires are these:
-Those who were stillborn or otherwise died without having received baptism.
-Those who were conceived or born on a holy day.
-Those who died excommunicated.
-Those who died while being heretics or apostates.
-Those who died after having led sinful lives
-Those who died who were practitioners of sorcery or witchcraft.
-Those whose corpse an animal had jumped over before burial.
-Those who did not receive a proper religious burial.
-Those who had eaten the flesh of an animal that had been killed by a vampire.
-Those who died as victims of a vampire, especially true when vampires were blamed for a plague or an epidemic of disease.

So when someone was suspected they impaled his/hers dead body to avoid him/her from rising.They found some graves in an old cemetery where the bodies had a stick in the heart.

The islanders had their cemeteries in abandon small islands near the main island,coz they believed that vampires couldn't cross sea water.There is a small island near Santorini called "Vrykolakonisi" where it is believed that vampires have cities there.

Vampires here in Greece tend to loose their powers during the weekends,so vampire extermination used to take place at that time.
Daylight doesn't seem to affect them althought they prefer the darkness.
Holywater,fire and prayers from a priest seem to be common way to exterminate them.
In some areas people were spreading rice or beans outside their door because it is believed that the vampire will not attack the house until he/she count them all.
If you walk alone at night and you hear someone calling your name,do no answer.It's a vampire.

I have heard many stories about people turning into vampires from family members in the village where my father was born.He is from Crete and it seems vampires down there are a part of everyday life
And i'm talking 20-30 years ago stories.

In one case the wife of a distant cousin visited him the night after she died,before the funeral,with lond sharp nails and tried to kill him too.If i remember correct he started praying and only then she was gone,but the next day he was full of scratches.I suspect she ended up with a stake in the heart.

And that's all i could remember about the greek vampires.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Personally I do believe in Vampires. They person as a superior being have ways to avoid detection. Their are all the symptoms. Perhaps they themselves do not know of their own existence. As in the don't get they are vampires. you see they maybe born and not able to be in sunlight like those kids who need to go to Sundown camp. Also have a need perhaps physiological need for blood. Maybe they are not much faster but they maybe faster then average humans. As too being immortal maybe not. I think it would be more believable if they are immortal mortals. As in immortal til harm comes their way. So they live longer then many mortals lifetime which makes them seem immortal but in their eyes. They live just as long.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

no one's saying they're HUMANS. they're not. they're VAMPIRES. and accordingly, their bodies would have evolved to deal with the blood diet.
and yes, they probably do drink a lot at one 'sitting'. if you look at the cow corpses (cattle mutes) drained of blood and other animal 'exanguination' cases, for example.

but still, good post, interesting points you make. I think however, its body has modified itself to take care of these 'problems' you point out. and perhaps it didnt evolve on earth even. it may be an alien creature.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by rapunzel222]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by shadestruck

shadestruck, shadestruck... unfortunately for you, you may be disregarding 'popular culture too much.

twilight is a very interesting movie. and there's nothing wrong with referring to it to support my theories. like other movies out in popular culture it has some interesting reference points and similarities to other vampire myths. myths and stories (twilight is a story) come from things people have heard, seen, read about or been influenced by. thats were authors come up with their ideas form. and they have generally also researched the subject.

the speed of these creatures is a feature. the one that swims too.

now to bring you back to mythology. the ancient greek gods (many people now believe that the ancient 'gods' who married and bred with human women and lived in the sky/heaven, were in fact aliens) - and interestingly, greece has a lot of vampire mythology; the ancient greek gods possessed some interesting 'vampire' charactaristics.

one: speed. Think of achilles, who was a demi god. think of the movie troy - he was FAST. one charactaristic of a half human; half god (god being alien and maybe also vampire, i am suggesting).

two: swimming ability on a par with superman. zeus the greek god swam the mediterranean, according to myth. with this in mind, you might want to investigate the bermuda triangle ship sinkings and killings. i thought it was interesting in twilight how victoria is shown to be pretty at home in the sea. matched up with some correlations i was making elsewhere and interesting to see vampires portrayed as being fast in the ocean too. also interesting how edward is shown to be able to swim underwater without oxygen. a correlation is just a correlation; wherever you find it. even in popular culture. enough correlations and you get a theory. it is called obervation.

(back to my blue skinned alien theories, i do note that superman, an alien, is shown with blue skin or 'suit' when using his , superpowers; otherwise he fits in as a normal human and u wudnt recognise him. just like edward out of twilight.. i also note the superhuman strength aspect).

three: shapeshifting. dracula known to shapeshift into a bat or wolf. well, the skinwalker creature of american legend also shapeshifts. so did the greek god zeus, who regularly turned into a bull, swan, eagle and other animals, usually for nefarious purposes.

now for a correlation between religion: the angels or shining ones who glowed and popular culture - the sparkly vampire.

but really, if you're looking for PROOF of the existance of vampires in history and their reality; the best thing you can do is start looking at the religious symbology of EVERY culture just about and stories.

then you can try to explain away why EVERY religion just about and culture; creates depictions of fanged humanoids - referred to as demons or devils or gods usually.

oni in japan - fanged devil/demon masks.

on the huanca del sol - in peru - there is a picture of a fanged sun god.

in mexico there are masks with fangs.

in colombia there is a park with statues of humans with fangs - they are supposed to be 'demon gods'. interestingly this culture practiced ceasareans and advanced medicine apparantly. ( ceasareans??? ala twilight again, if i might note a correlation).

the devil and demon masks of europe and the mediterranean used to show fanged humans but not so common anymore. the stories remain however.

the fanged demons that guard the temples of thailand. (blue /green skin i mgiht add).

in mexico people used to file their teeth into sharp points and attach fake 'fangs'. in imitation of what? i might ask? also given all the human sacrifice that took place there.

in bhutan there are fanged humans painted on temple walls and they adorn the dresses and masks of dancers.

the whole world is SATURATED with depictions of fanged humans. wakey wakeyies, snow flakies...

yes, im afraid, they may very well be the real deal.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy
I used tohave a girlfriend that was a vampire.

She could do bizarre things with her tongue .

One night I woke up at midnight , and her 60cm. tongue

was down my throat! YIKES .

I found out she was a serial killer before I met her ,

and had started that behaviour at 8 years old!

She tried to stab me many times .She even did in one of my

friends while I was at work , and tried to set me up for it!

The cops consistently turned a blind eye , and have even jailed other

people for her crimes. I left her in 1992 , and n ow live many thousands of

miles away .She is also a thief and tax cheat , stealing millions from me .

Her family has connections to Hollywood .She is half Lebanese , half

Scottish ,and has spent some time in America .

VAMPIRES ARE REAL ... and NO I'm not one!

Vampire or a crazy woman?
One exists, one has never been proven and never shown good evidence for, hmmm.. I know what i'll pick.
Not one of those traits were exclusive to a vampire or even a trait of a vampire.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Law & Order: Criminal Intent - Lost Children Of The Blood
June 8, 2010 - 10 PM ET - USA Network

Video Promo:

www.youtube.com...

Vampire Coven In New York City

The body of a bright young college student is found completely drained of blood. What appears to be a sex game gone wrong leads to a world of underground clubs, blood dealers, and a fanatical cult who believe themselves immortal. Catch the premiere of Lost Children of the Blood this Tuesday at 10/9C on USA.

www.usanetwork.com...

Additional Script Information:

www.atlantavampirealliance.com...

Basic Real Vampirism FAQ & Synopsis:

Voices of the Vampire Community FAQ: www.veritasvosliberabit.com...
Sanguinarius FAQ: www.sanguinarius.org...
SphynxCatVP FAQ: sphynxcatvp.nocturna.org...
Atlanta Vampire Alliance: www.atlantavampirealliance.com...

"Vampires: Fact Or Fiction?" - Interview With Zero & Merticus
True-Ghost-Story.com - November 24, 2007
www.true-ghost-story.com...

The "Real" Vampire Community:

www.veritasvosliberabit.com...

Research On Real Vampirism:

Suscitatio Enterprises, LLC: www.suscitatio.com...

Scholarly Book About The Real Vampire Community:

Vampires Today: The Truth About Modern Vampirism
Joseph Laycock - Praeger Publishers 2009
www.amazon.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
reply to post by DrJay1975

no one's saying they're HUMANS. they're not. they're VAMPIRES. and accordingly, their bodies would have evolved to deal with the blood diet.
and yes, they probably do drink a lot at one 'sitting'. if you look at the cow corpses (cattle mutes) drained of blood and other animal 'exanguination' cases, for example.

but still, good post, interesting points you make. I think however, its body has modified itself to take care of these 'problems' you point out. and perhaps it didnt evolve on earth even. it may be an alien creature.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by rapunzel222]

OK you say the body would have modified itself. Not possible. What you are saying is that it was something else, human, then the body modified itself for blood intake. Not possible at all.

Could be an alien creature, but for their to be any quanity of them whatsoever, they would have to drink an enormous amount of blood. More than we see from cattle mutilations. There is also no urine reported at these exsanguination sites, and a creature of this type would have to urinate while feeding to injest this amount of blood. Average cow contains 4.376 gallons of blood. A human stomach can uncomfortably hold about 1 gallon of liquid. 4 Litres. A human body holds 10 pints of blood. So there isn't even enough room in a stomach to hold a full humans blood much less a cow. A 40 gram vampire bat can consume 20 grams of blood in 20 minutes. And these animals have severely altered gastrointestinal and excretory systems.

So for he human vamp to drink 90 lbs of blood per day, quick math. It would spend it's entire day hunting and feeding. It's teeth also most liekly wouldn't have enamel so they'd remain razor sharp. So 18 people killed and drained per day. 21.5 gallons of blood. SO it would need to fill its stomach 21.5 times per day to sustain enough nutrients to live.

I think we would all have to agree that a human being transformed to a vampire is unlikely. And the amount of liquid they'd need to injest would make their existence impossible or quite improbable.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by DrJay1975]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
who the crap said anything about humans turning into vampires?

i said vampires are an alien creature; are you having difficulty reading and understanding my post?

and unless you're an alien, lets face it, you know nothing about alien biology or what evolution on another planet could achieve.

therefore you do not know if alien vampires are a possibility or not.

you dismiss it because within your sphere of experience you cannot explain it. does not mean that you are right and i am wrong, at all.

next please.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
who the crap said anything about humans turning into vampires?

i said vampires are an alien creature; are you having difficulty reading and understanding my post?

and unless you're an alien, lets face it, you know nothing about alien biology or what evolution on another planet could achieve.

therefore you do not know if alien vampires are a possibility or not.

you dismiss it because within your sphere of experience you cannot explain it. does not mean that you are right and i am wrong, at all.

next please.

Actually I did acknowledge the fact that they would have to be alien or a totally unknown species. A species which would have been unlikely to evolve on earth considering how our evoloutionary process works. So perhaps you should read further.

As far as who the crap mentioned humans transforming to vampires, umm several people did. One even claimed he was undergoing the transformation presently. YOu and I are not the only people posting here.

And you are absolutely right. I know nothing of alien anatomy. But I repeatedly stated it would almsot certainly have to be an alien species. Apparently your having trouble understanding that. I don't disagree with it. I even stated that is probably the only way such a creature like a vampire would be possible.

Live evolves on earth in the path of least resistance. The universe does the same. Large pure blood drinkers simply wouldn't evolve on earth or likely anywhere else because it would be incredibly difficult to sustain themselves. I can't speak for aliens. I believe theres other life in the universe but i've yet to encounter it. SO I'll stick with the terrestrial models.

And a human vampire(as some have specified but certainly not you) defies logic and evoloutionary patterns for evolving on earth. Nothing is out of the realm of possibility as nature is an amazing thing. But a 200 pound pure blood drinking creature is about as likely as an elephant sprouting wings and feeding on migratory birds.

The Undead part is simply ridiculous. Because that isn't possible, but again that's predicated on human species. There are certain things that happen to a person when they die that simply prohibit vampirism short of divine intervention.

But relax. There could be an alien vampire. It isn't likely. But it could happen. Not sure why your so excited about it but it's possible. But then again Jesus Christ popping up with Hugh Heffner at Mardi Gras anf throwing beads a tranny strippers could happen too.

I'm fine with demons, ghosts, possession, poltergeists, telekenisis, psychics, precognition, aliens, the creationary force God, reanimation of body parts a la the communist block experiments as well as some of the 24 reanimation stuff that we're working on stateside, faster than light travel. Hell I'm open to a ton of stuff. Vampires though? Not on this planet. And thats all any of us are qualified to talk about unless you've been abducted by alien bloodsuckers. But wouldn't it stand to reason that life kind of evolves in the same manner in other parts of the universe?

Blood is a tough way to go. Just by virtue of the fact that it's mostly water. And if there is an alien blood that is say 20% water dies it still meet our definition of blood? Or is something else alltogether? And if something fed on that since it isn't technically blood are they a vampire?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
i belive in vampires. i just wish i could meet one

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmy1200

OK, so this is my first post... here is somethin for everyone who reads this to think about, people are scared of vampires because it's something that they can not controll. As a basic fact it's one of the things that makes us human.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by vampgirl

You pobably have met a vampire but not realised it: if you want to find one you just have to know what to look for e.g.: Pale, looks a little on edge, constantly looks like they are stalking something, eye's with either or both gold rings around the pupil or orbs or pale white in the iris. hope this helps

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by vampgirl

Vampires can live like normal people but slight differances can give them away. In any case they are still people who need blood like humans need food.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join