It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever hear of Adam's 1st wife?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I guess I have lived a somewhat sheltered life.. I had not heard of the namesake of the "Lilith Fair" until quite recently.

According to Jewish text Adam had a previous "companion" to Eve. Her name was Lilith and was first to be kicked out of the garden..
For more info..
ccat.sas.upenn.edu...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
but of COURSE I have....................her name was Lilith.

(this is where the Lilith Fair folks got the name for the all female concert traveling show)

People who have delved into the study of RELIGION and its many turns, trials and tunnels........learn about Lilith, as even though rather suppressed within the 'regular Christianity teachings' it is NOT a secret.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
not only his first wife but often suggested his twin...

here's a good synopisis

also suggested she may have come before Adam... no there's a first!! (i know, bad joke)

[edit on 19-11-2007 by never_tell]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The fable of Lillith is a fallacy. If you're looking for truth, visit The Light of Life

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
hmmm, i see... so you dismiss countless accounts in ancient scripture and reference your arguement by pointing us all to a christian webpage? You do know, Christianity is a fairly recent advent... yes?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Giggle. I was going to guess it was Steve. Ah well.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Undismayed by His failure to give Adam a suitable helpmeet, God tried again, and let him watch while he built up a woman's anatomy: using bones, tissues, muscles, blood and glandular secretions, then covering the whole with skin and adding tufts of hair in places. The sight caused Adam such disgust that even when this woman, the First Eve, stood there in her full beauty, he felt an invincible repugnance. God knew that He had failed once more, and took the First Eve away. Where she went, nobody knows for certain

www.gnosis.org...

looks like he had more than two wifes really and he was a bit fussy to.

----------------------------
replaced quote with 'ex' tags for external material
and added a link

[edit on 20/11/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

where's that from?

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I believe this is highly tied to the Kabalah of Jewish worship. A matriarchal, as opposed to patriarch circumstance. Extremely limited knowledge base on this.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
it seems logical that the 'Lilith' female, was another line of humanity
who were flourishing on the Earth..

the 'Lilith' person is called a helpmate or a companion,
as opposed to 'wife' as far as i recollect...there is a big difference!

perhaps the 'Adam' creation (a genetic manipulation experiment)
needed a nurturing-mother by proxy as 'he' grew in age,

in that case 'Lilith' may have been seperated from the now mature
'Adam' as her mother instinct and nuturing was no longer needed.

It now became a psychological necessity and a genetic imperative
for the (resident scientists at the Eden project) 'creator' to cleve
a suitable mate-wife for 'Adam' and they created 'Eve'.
and the story continues

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
i found it on the first posters link ill put the link to the page i read so its easier for you to find there are quite alot of examples

gnosis.org...

its chapter 10 paragraph F

hope that helps

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
There is also a tale that Cain and Lilith were the first vampires, cursed by God when they were tossed out of Eden, with a unquenchable thirst for blood and immortality, and that there offspring are also cursed..

Google it

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
i never heard of that vampire story very interesting i must say but then look at the avatar hehe

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
LDragonfire: That story is well known. It's the fabricated premise for the "VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE" White Wolf Roleplaying Game.

You can find that work of fiction, and others about the games vampire lineage, in the "BOOK OF NOD".

I've always liked White Wolf's stuff. Just had to point out though that this isn't Lore, it's fiction.

Lilith, on the other hand, is well documented in a few different religions.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerrichin
i never heard of that vampire story very interesting i must say but then look at the avatar hehe

Here is one link Cain

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
LDragonfire: That story is well known. It's the fabricated premise for the "VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE" White Wolf Roleplaying Game.

You can find that work of fiction, and others about the games vampire lineage, in the "BOOK OF NOD".

I've always liked White Wolf's stuff. Just had to point out though that this isn't Lore, it's fiction.

Lilith, on the other hand, is well documented in a few different religions.

Myth, fiction, whatever, still a good story. Interesting that I knew the story before white-wolf came out.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
interesting maybe she was a netthandel, which have been found as far south as Israel, would be a probibel place early humans would run into them,

reminds me of the red dwaf episode where lister marries a Gelph

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hmmm,
These Adam and Eve stories sound an awful lot like cloning to me.
Taking bits of Adam and making women out of them.

I wonder if God gave Lillith her own garden and made a bloke for her.. or another woman even.. you never know,maybe that's why no-one heard of her again.. if she bore no descendents.

edit^^^ haha I saw that episode last week.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by AGENT_T]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Of course, it well may all just be a fairy story - and such tales do have a habit, over the centuries, of mutating according to the popular beliefs of the time

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
thanks for the link ill have a gander at it.

i had heard of lilith but not much.

reading the passages from the link what i put on earlier adam seems like a spoilt brat or picky to me just the way im interpreting it i surpose.
perhaps its just like the simpsons where homer takes the first bite of the apple and then eve did but god only saw eve so she got the blame

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
it's a story outside the canon derived from mythologies in the surrounding areas (mainly mesopotamia) that the hebrews picked up on...

so what?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join