It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1000 Dollars to know your future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I found this article quite interesting and thought some of you might too.

Welcome to the age of Genomics

This winter marks the birth of a new industry: Companies will take a sample of your DNA, scan it, and tell you about your genetic future.

Personaly I think that I would prefer to spend the $1000 on a holiday for myself and my family where we can make the most out of life and each other without the worry thinking about how painful me and my family will depart this life.

It would be heart breaking to know and live with the knowledge that someone you love dearly, maybe a sibling will suffer pain in the future.

I am wondering if I am the only one who thinks that way? Does it sound selfish?

Regards S_G

---------------------------------
Replaced quote with 'ex' tags for external material

[edit on 19/11/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
$1,000?

Ha, sounds like a scam!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
$1,000?

Ha, sounds like a scam!

Yeah maybe!

But maybe there is even more to it.

Perhaps to identify groups and areas for population control purposes such as identifying the weakest races or mutated beings.

Could be to stop advancement of gene structure, and because it is not hugely expensive people will be paying for the privalege of being recoded.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Nah it's not a scam the New York Times had a big article on 3 companies doing this a few days ago.

And Wired isn't bad.

[edit on 19-11-2007 by lightworker12]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Nice gimmick. You give them your "self" and a check! Who knows what would eventually happen with that sample.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think this is pretty bad. i mean why would they collect information like this from people? What would be their purpose?

It seems more like an effort to see what type of person would pay for something like this and to check the type of genetic makeup. Might be a genetic marketing tool for all I know.

Anyways, kinda reminds me of Gattaca and The Island somehow.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I am sure that the results and information gathered during the course of this project will be readily available for use in the gov's criminal database too.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet that like all other medical information it will be kept between you and your doctor.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Many fear this kind of sampling may affect employment. If they see you /spouse are predisposed to a particular disease/affliction.

new topics

top topics

join