It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far can the "BIG 3" take the Celtics in 07-08???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
This is thread isn't about your love/hate/indifference for the Celtics.

It's about Boston going from 24-58 last year, to an NBA best 8-0 start this season. And I'm guessing alot of it has to do with adding Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen in the offseason..

Where do you see Boston in the playoffs? Conference Finals? NBA Finals?

Can the BIG 3 (Pierce, KG, Allen) win it all?

I say Spurs - Celtics in the finals. I'm calling it right now!

[edit on 18-11-2007 by Scramjet76]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Well, they are now 11-1.
It's great to see them beinning to regain some of their past glory.

They can go far if they stay away from injury.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
They're still winning and Ray isn't shooting the ball well right now. The other night he didn't shoot well but he made the only one that mattered... game-winner!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If they keep their current pace, they should be a lock for the EC final, now is going to be a hard road ahead, you always have to count with the Heat, I know they banged up now, but that's a team that is made for the playoffs. Also Lebron has proven that he can take over in the playoffs, he did it to Detroit and he's playing mad basketball right now. Detroit is another strong team with plenty of playoff experience and the surprise team of the season so far the Orlando Magic are playing terrific basketball.

The EC has become a stronger conference from years past, and that's a good thing. Is good to see the Celtics back to being meaningful, still they big three are not young guns anymore, Ray and Pierce never been exposed to play meaningful basketball and KG has not proven himself in the playoffs yet.

Edit to add: With the NJ Nets imploding I can see that team being blown up, may be just may be, you could see Jason Kidd finding he's way to the Celtics, is a long shot but Kidd had said that he wants to play for a contender and at this point in he's career this would be the perfect place for him to land.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
As weak as the Eastern Conference is, the Celtics should make it to the NBA Championship against the Spurs.

The Spurs will take'em.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The EC is still weak but stronger than years past. I watched a thriller last night as the Cavs outlasted the Celtics..

One thing though.. Ray Ray uncharacteristically missed 2 free throws at the end of regulation. And Drew Gooden was on fire scoring 24 pts and grabbing 13 rebounds. Yesterday that combination proved to be just the difference needed to give the Cavs the win..

But in a 7-game series where is your money? On Ray at the free throw line or Drew Gooden suddenly becoming a consistently dominant player? That's what I thought!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
But in a 7-game series where is your money? On Ray at the free throw line or Drew Gooden suddenly becoming a consistently dominant player? That's what I thought!

On Lebron torching the Celtics as he did last year against Detroit that is far a better defensive team that the Celtics. My proof? Last night game.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

On Lebron torching the Celtics as he did last year against Detroit that is far a better defensive team that the Celtics. My proof? Last night game.

Ha! Detroit lost because they played uncharacteristically bad... especially Chauncey. I'll admit if any of the big 3 play bad for an entire 7-game set the Celtics are very vulnerable because they're only 3 deep. The problem with Cleveland is they're only one deep.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
celtics-spurs final my predication as well.

amazing what a turnaround they made 15-2 now.........Yeesssssssssssssss

they have a very good defense and could take the spurs, but they would need posey and house to be hot.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

And although they play in a weaker conference they are now 16-2 and Ray ray is stinking it up. Once he finds his shot they will be tough to beat. KG is a very fundamentally sound player and most of the offense will go through him but Ray is un underrated passer.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I think Bostan can win it all this year.

KG is that good. He realy is, he has never had near this much talent around him, and he will dominate.

I think Orlando has been a team on the rise for the last 2+ YEARS, ever since they got rid of Steve Frances they have been on the upswing. Howard is a beast.

The player on the celts that i would like to have, is Big Baby. You guys got the steal of the draft by getting him in the second round. I think it is only a matter of time before they move KG to center and have Big Baby playing along side KG.

As much as i like the celtics, i think Orlando will come out of the east. Howard is just insane, and i could see him blowing up for a 30/30 night here one of these days... hes the best Center to come to the league since Shaq.

I would love to see a Celtics-Lakers finnals, but i think it will be Magic-Spurs

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The Celts are definitely the real deal. I couldn't watch the team over the past 5 years, the way they'd always chuck up threes and lapse on defense, but this team rotates the ball brilliantly and plays great defense. They are most certainly the real deal and match up well with the Spurs.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I think Bostan can win it all this year.

It's true. Thier defense is much improved thanks to KG and 3 big time scorers gives you a lot of offensive options.

As much as i like the celtics, i think Orlando will come out of the east. Howard is just insane, and i could see him blowing up for a 30/30 night here one of these days... hes the best Center to come to the league since Shaq.

I agree. Reminds you a lot of Shaq.. how athletic he is for his frame/size. And I also agree it may well be Magic who emerge from the east. Although I think the Celtics and Cavs will put up a good fight.

but this team rotates the ball brilliantly and plays great defense.

You bet the offense runs thru KG and hes a brilliant passer and scorer. Allen isnt the best defensively but hes good at picking pockets and passing in the offense.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
The player on the celts that i would like to have, is Big Baby. You guys got the steal of the draft by getting him in the second round. I think it is only a matter of time before they move KG to center and have Big Baby playing along side KG.

THey started Glen Davis last night.

THe celtics are smart.

sports.espn.go.com...

Along with that he also has the worst photo ever

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
He also has the best nickname in the league.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

THey started Glen Davis last night.

Yeah, Perkins dropped the headboard to his bed onto his foot. Seriously.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I guess not many here are NBA fans, but isn't anyone surprised how well the Celtics have played this year. Even their 3 losses have been wicked close. Not to jinx them, but if the big 3 can stay healthy and hungry there doesn't seem to be any stopping them. Looking forward to the Detroit rematch so we can show them all were it's at. Seriously they're just destroying teams.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by Kwyjibo]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kwyjibo

if the big 3 can stay healthy and hungry there doesn't seem to be any stopping them.

I'm not sure about that. Detroit is playing very well right now. Also, don't count the defending champs out. They will be in top form come April.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
One negative about the Celtics this year is that I can't get tickets anymore. I have only been to one game. For the last X number of years I could just walk up and grab them. Not so much anymore.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Celtics are in a mini-slump right now, having lost 3 of the last 4, including an away and home against the Wizards.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join