It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head On

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Head on, apply directley to the forhead
Head on, works on contact
Head on
Head on, apply directley to the forhead

If I see this commercial one more time I'm going to snap. :bnghd:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I have to agree with you. The Head On commercial, with it's repetitive, chant-like, intonation of "head on ... on.... on ...etc." drives me nuts as well.

No one that I know has ever said one positive thing about that commercial. I would have imagined that the ad would have turned people off. Frankly, I marvel that this sort of advertising even works!

Of course, for a product that reputedly helps stop the pain of headaches, this sort of marketing ploy is nothing short of genius. The commercial itself causes the headache that the product it touts is supposed to cure.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Lol, great speculation.
Still, I wonder how this stuff works (if it does, I havent tried it)... I mean, its a topical treatment... how can it penetrate the cranial bones to get to the source???

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
i have had many of these on my TV too. they are just so bad, and totally rubbish.

for instance the cleaning adverts (bleach and the likes). i mean with those, they show people who have "built up grime" and what ahve you, it looks like they havent added water in years! what the hell do they want us to think! and the guy who hosts it, he just yells the whole time. i mean seriously i just want to pour that stuff right down his thought :bnghd:

BAM and the dirt is gone!

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icon_xof
Lol, great speculation.
Still, I wonder how this stuff works (if it does, I havent tried it)... I mean, its a topical treatment... how can it penetrate the cranial bones to get to the source???

I haven't tried "Head On" either even though I suffer from frequent migraine headaches. I'll admit that I've been curious but, to tell the truth, every time I even see the product on the shelves, I get so irritated that I just can't be bothered.

As far as a topical treatment helping heacaches, all I can say is that I often use Tiger Balm when I have a bad migraine.
I rub some Tiger Balm on my forehead, temples and neck (being very careful not to get it in my eyes) and the relief is almost instantaneous. The Tiger Balm makes my forehead feel "chilled" -- as if I had applied an ice-pack. While it might not make my migraine "go away", it certainly does offer me some relief.

I imagine that Head On might have some similar properties.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Interesting. I wonder if it's more of a sensory distraction than a cure then.

Speaking of other b/s commercials reminds me of something my old psych instructor told my class about. She said that one of her friends was a body builder at a popular gym. He was solicited by the manufacturer of a weight loss product and offered $5k to participate in "before and after" pictures. All he had to do was gain 20lbs in fat! They knew that because he was a body builder that he knew how to manipulate his body and would be able to go from chubby to ripped in a matter of weeks, and then attribute the weight loss to the product.

Next time you see one of those adds take a close look at the before/fat pic... you can see the muscle under the fat, especially on the guys. Its only obvious how built they are underneath.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
example

Another clue is that most "naturally" fat people generally have stretch marks.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Icon_xof

thats just bizzar! amazing body control. for $5k i admit thats a pretty good deal.

nice tats too

new topics

top topics

join