It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my thoughts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
My understanding is that the YF-12 was the original aircraft that eventually became the SR-71 and that it was short lived, but I could be wrong, just too lazy to look it up

The only evidence suggesting that the Aurora is the SR-71 replacement is that is was under it in the line budget item. That is the ONLY evidence. I'm not saying that it didn't do recon, but the puzzle I put together says that the objective of the project was much grander and that the payoff of the project would be everything that it has been rumored to be.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Also there was controversy(not here) that the Aurora was to be a strike bomber, total bs.

hey thats from c&c generals.

also the first black bird was the A-12 oxcart recon, yf-12 intercep, and lastly the sr-71 recon. The a-12 eneterd service but was cancelled cause the 71 did the same job, and a shift in strategies axed the yf-12, but i have seen 1

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl[/

What is certain is that before the SR-71 was recomm'ed there were sightings, witnesses to sounds of pulsating jet sounds never before heard around certain AFB's, sonic phenomena dubbed "skyquakes" by the USGS, rumbling across the skies of the southwestern states - (these skyquakes were unlike any known sonic footprint including the SR-71's), etc.

It was after the USGS stated that there were high-flying, extremely high speed aircraft generating this effect that the SR-71's were recomm'ed.
Skyquakes continue to this day to be reported over Nevada, Utah and California... But now when the USAF is called about it they just shrug their shoulders and say, "huh, musta been an SR-71"...

Recommissioning a retired bird like the SR-71 is a small financial burden to pay to keep a top secret recon platform from becoming common knowledge.

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by intelgurl]

I can not remember the source for it was a few years back that I first became aware of

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl[/

What is certain is that before the SR-71 was recomm'ed there were sightings, witnesses to sounds of pulsating jet sounds never before heard around certain AFB's, sonic phenomena dubbed "skyquakes" by the USGS, rumbling across the skies of the southwestern states - (these skyquakes were unlike any known sonic footprint including the SR-71's), etc.

It was after the USGS stated that there were high-flying, extremely high speed aircraft generating this effect that the SR-71's were recomm'ed.
Skyquakes continue to this day to be reported over Nevada, Utah and California... But now when the USAF is called about it they just shrug their shoulders and say, "huh, musta been an SR-71"...

Recommissioning a retired bird like the SR-71 is a small financial burden to pay to keep a top secret recon platform from becoming common knowledge.

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by intelgurl]

I can not remember the source for it was a few years back that I first became aware of "Project Aurora"
What I do remember is the source said it was located in the high desert some where around Edwards AFB. That it's appearance was unusally lengthly, and a small diameter tube like structure with a very short wing span.
Here is the reason this conversation returned to my pre -frontal lobe as it relates to the above quote. I was told the power plant was feuled by licquid nitorgen, more like a rocket plane, as opposed to prior power plants. I can not remember the speed or capable time aloft. It was descibed as recon and travelled high and fast, not much manuverability.
What brought this back to me was what above is referred to as sky quakes. A liquid nitrogen power plant would explain the un-identified sonic foot print!
I have quiet a bit of familiarity with liquid nitrogen and how it behaves when released to the atmosphere, depending on exit orifice size and volume the thrust would be impressive. This would also explain the unusual length of the craft as explained to me. It would be neccessary for feul.
Well that is about all I know on this topic, off the record.

Sincerely,

Polar Bear

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
hhmmm, sounds like the old sun tan project that was worked on before the sr-71.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join