It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barbara's daughter is my daughter's mother, who am I to Barbara?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
*Shrug* Hell, I don't know... :shk: I give up on it.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think where you're breaking down is that you're making the assumption there is a male involved because you're male.

If you look at it by taking out the assumption there is a male in there somewhere, you'll see that the answer is pretty clear.

I'm only good at these because my high school anthro teacher liked to give us kinship charts as a logic exercise. I got good at untangling these.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yeah your right MM, there is no male in the equation since Barbaras daughter is my daughters mother, The key word is mother.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I read the first post, recognized the answer, then looked to see who else had gotten it. I should have known that the quickest mind here would be MajorMalfunction. Good job MM, but it's what I would expect of you.

Occam

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Thank you Occam! It's nice to see you back on the boards, too.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
MM are you sure that that is the correct answer... because i am going crazy.

I substituted the name Barbara with my girlfriends name, Denise. (because it was easier for me)

So, i figured Denise's daughter (also my daughter if we had a baby, we will name that baby Jen for arguments sake)

Is my daughters (Jens) mother (denise)

Sooooo, who am i to Barbara (denise)

I came up with that she is either my baby's mother, or I am her, considering that that answer wasn't there.

Am i completely missing something, MM?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Yes. LMAO

Since there are only female answers to the question, "my daugher's mother" is "me."

Barbara's daughter is "my daughter's mother" i.e., "me."

So Barbara's daughter is "me" -- I am Barbara's daughter.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

geez - i am so dizzy trying to make sense of that. should have been easy right? and here i am trying to figure out the BIG PICTURE with the aliens, black ops, illuminati, God, the gods, and all the rest ...

[edit on 24/11/07 by chutso_ha]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join