It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the Only One that Finds it Funny When a Thread Has More Flags than Replies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I don't know why, but it always strikes me as funny when a thread has, say, 50 flags and 13 replies.

Maybe it's because I try to make a habit of at least replying once to a thread that I feel is flag worthy hahaha, I don't know. It just always seems to make me chuckle when I see such a strange flag to reply ratio.

Maybe I'm just strange.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Everyone, let's flag this thread and not reply.

Ooops. Too late for me.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

That would be rather ironic, don't ya think?

Jasn

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

i will just about flag anything
and not reply

thats just me

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Thing is, I haven't noticed these threads you talk about. Are you sure you're not 'seeing things'?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

A couple of SO's threads come to mind, just off the top of my head.

the "Greer @ OC MUFON" thread on the front page was that way earlier, though now the replies and flags are even at 50.

and there have been several of mine in the past with 20+ flags and like 3 replies haha

Jasn

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Personally I don't see a problem with a thread having more flags than replies. To me it means that a lot of people agree that the topic is somehow important, though they personally don't have a strong or differing opinion about it. In fact I can even argue that it's good that the thread has more flags than replies. At least the replies are probably quality posts instead of "I agree" or "your wrong" (yes, I intentionally used "your" in place of "you're").

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I don't see anything "wrong" with it, I simply find it funny.

"Damn this thread is IMPORTANT!!!, but not so much that I shall grace it with my reply"

hehe

Jasn

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well, if i read a thread that contains a good amount of info that i would think some other members should see, i will flag it, and rather then just posting a lame one-liner saying

"Rock on, good facts!"

They just flag it so other members will have a better chance to see it.

There are some threads where it would just be a waste to type in a response, but the info in the OP was good enough to warrent a look from the members.

new topics

top topics

join