It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of Cult is this? Religion Sucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I just read this and was totally sickened by it. Has anyone ever heard of these people?

A woman accused of starving her baby to death to fulfill a religious prophecy was unable to leave the sect that had abused her for years and tried desperately to breast-feed the boy in the final days of his life, a psychologist testified Friday.

ap.tbo.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Wow, that's pretty #ed up. Really reminds me about some of the things I've read about Scientologists. Pretty unfortunate about her and her child, but that's what cults do.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
yea western religion does suck it makes me FREAK OUT

ive heard of simliar cases , its terrible what happens to some kids with freaky parents. i think somewhere, maybe here, kids were burned to death. makes me sick

they hear things, its probably not due to the nature of the religion, but upbringing..

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
the influences of lucifer/yaweh take many faces

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
What's Yaweh?

I think it's in people's MINDS which makes them FREAK OUT.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   

that makes me sick. And, yeah, I live in Mecca for Scientologists (Clearwater). We have had similar horror shows from that group. We just had a story of two naked adult seen walking down the road. After the police picked them up, the found their 7-year old daughter in a motel room. Her back had been broken in three places & she was badly beaten during an "exorcism".

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Requiem
What's Yaweh?

I think it's in people's MINDS which makes them FREAK OUT.

yahweh is god

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
and not to mention the JW's who would rather let their kids die than be treated by a doctor

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
hell reagular christans celebrate the fact that abraham was willing to kill his son because god told him to. What do you call a person kills because the voices told him too? I dont see what there is to be proud of in ANY of these cults.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
That is very disturbing.

Robidoux, 28, was a member of a tiny, Attleboro-based religious sect called "The Body," which rejects modern medicine.

Ebert, who examined Robidoux during 12 sessions starting in December 2002, said Robidoux told him she began withholding solid food from her 10-month-old son after her sister-in-law told her about a message she received from God: Karen was "too vain" and God planned to punish her by taking one of the unborn twins she believed she was pregnant with.

Who is to blame here, her or the cult's influence?
Cults like these need to be tracked down and assimilated if not destroyed.

Deep

[Edited on 31-1-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
"Robidoux, 28, was a member of a tiny, Attleboro-based religious sect called "The Body," which rejects modern medicine. "

Why anyone would shun an advancment that could help them is beyond my understanding. If you want to cross a river use a boat or if you are diabetic use some insulin. Seems logical enough to me.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
now I heard about this other cult of polygamists, where the "prophet" can make and break marriages anytime he wants. He decides who marries who and actually will tell a wife to leave her husband and go be someone elses wife. Some men get kicked out of the cult and their wives get reassigned!!!!!!

This world is full of strange people, that's all i am gonna say about this one.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
FWIW Ozzie, JW's accept ALL medical treatments except blood transfusions. In fact because of them, bloodless surgery technology has improved in leaps and bounds. If you do a little research, you'll find that bloodless sugery is becomeing the preferred method. One cancer surgeon once said that transfusions will someday be regarded as stupid as blood lettings.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

FWIW Ozzie, JW's accept ALL medical treatments except blood transfusions. In fact because of them, bloodless surgery technology has improved in leaps and bounds. If you do a little research, you'll find that bloodless sugery is becomeing the preferred method. One cancer surgeon once said that transfusions will someday be regarded as stupid as blood lettings

wrong.. the wifes unc is a JW and many an argument has ensued.

bloodless surgery has improved, no doubt about that but many major operations still require blood transfusions which JWs do not sanction. In this country any JW who refuses their child treatment for religious reasons is made a ward of court and taken away from them.

In the future is all well and good but it isnt going to make the child better now is it?

anyway JWs eat meat and thats got blood in it, the selfish blood donors.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Dumb ass chick I tell you. Starved her own kid because someone gave her a line of crap. HAHAHa, I know JWs that were discouraged from having babies in the 70s because the end was near, now they are tryin to adopt cause its too late to have their own.--Another couple of idiots.
Religion was created to do just this:
make people do as they would not otherwise.

Weak minds equal death--good thing too--I would 'nt want a bunch of ass holes like her runnin around my neighborhood. Those twins dont have a shot in hell with a nutjob like that for a mother

new topics

top topics

join