It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning about passenger planes, again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The department of homeland security is warning of an intelligence finding that al Qa'ida may attempt to use aircraft in an attack during the next few weeks.

www.cnn.com...

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- In the past 48 hours, the United States has received new intelligence which suggests a threat of possible terrorist attacks against the United States using aircraft, government officials told CNN Friday.

The intelligence also mentioned Air France and British Airways flights to the United States. British Airways Flight 223 was mentioned specifically. That flight was canceled twice in early January based on previous intelligence from an informant and other sources.

Government officials said the intelligence mentioned flight paths between London and Washington-Dulles International Airport, and mentioned multiple dates, all occurring within the next few weeks.

Security has been increased in Houston, Texas, ahead of Sunday's Super Bowl, although that event was not mentioned in the intelligence.

The officials said all agencies and officials concerned -- including those overseas -- have been notified of the intelligence, which is believed to be credible.

With an attack warned about by al Qa'ida between the ids holidays this might be taken a little more seriously I hope. After the last aircraft warnings I felt that people might have let their guard down.
added more links;
www.cbsnews.com...
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040131/ap_on_go_ot/terror_threat_airlines
[Edited on 30-1-2004 by Phoenix]

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Oh, is the government still talking?

I tuned them out long ago.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
hmmm...maybe they are taking this feb 1st and 2nd thing seriously....

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
No, they are just making it look like they are doing their jobs or making their job seem that it has a purpose to them.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

During the holidays when the alert status was raised there was'nt what I call a lot of information put out other than the flights believed at risk. Now it seems there a much broader flow of information both from the government (subtle in most cases) and al Qa'ida postings and press releases (not subtle) about possible attacks.

Some will say its propaganda to scare us, others might take this very seriously - I guess it depends on ones belief in al Qa'idas origins and goals.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Since a successful terrorist attack requires the recipient to be 'self-terrorized' by continued fear...

Maybe all these warnings are designed to de-sensitise us from the fear, ending the 'self-terrorism' and the success of the terrorists..

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

Originally posted by worldwatcher

During the holidays when the alert status was raised there was'nt what I call a lot of information put out other than the flights believed at risk. Now it seems there a much broader flow of information both from the government (subtle in most cases) and al Qa'ida postings and press releases (not subtle) about possible attacks.

Some will say its propaganda to scare us, others might take this very seriously - I guess it depends on ones belief in al Qa'idas origins and goals.

ya sure that is all they want to do is scare us....that is all they are after. THey just loved how scared we were after 9/11. It does the best things for our econamy.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
Since a successful terrorist attack requires the recipient to be 'self-terrorized' by continued fear...

Maybe all these warnings are designed to de-sensitise us from the fear, ending the 'self-terrorism' and the success of the terrorists..

Or maybe de-sensitized to the point that our guards let down so they can pull off another big attack.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Oh well,

I dont worry about it that much since,

A. Nothing ever happens

B. I live about 40 miles away from the nearest major city

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Or maybe de-sensitized to the point that our guards let down so they can pull off another big attack.

Exactly, remember how the horror films go, they let the suspense build up and up, when you think something is going to happen, it doesnt.

You breath a sigh of releif and bam, thats when the shock hits you.

It wouldnt surprise me if February 2nd passes without incident then something big happens when everyone thinks its back to normal.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
*cough* February 2nd anyone? I dunno..we better watch

EDIT: lol...the 2nd is President's Day..the 16th is..oops!

But that got me thinking, they show warning for the next couple of weeks, which would bring us to the 16th..maybe just something to think about?

-wD

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The passengers they are after are women, using their vaginal cavity to hide explosives. Narly eh?

The kinda # you are better off not knowing.

"Looks like the Taliban finally found a use for women."

thanks to 8bm.com and the daily record

new topics

top topics

join