It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio State exposed for the overrated frauds that they are...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I just loved watching Ohio State University come up empty in the fourth quarter against Illinois... Illinois for Pete's sake! They have been the "Our Lady's Sister of the Poor" of the Big 10. Ohio State was in the Horseshoe... At home, on friendly territory even... And they got punked. Big time... Three plays in the entire fourth quarter. I thought the college "experts" would have learned their lesson after Florida gang raped Ohio State in the National Championship Game in January... No, they continue to over inflate the ability of the players, and Jim Tressel.

On another note, Notre Dame grabbed Air Force's belt loop and were sold to some guy named "Bubba" with a lot of tattoos for three cigarettes. Bubba has a date for this Saturday night now.

Somewhere, Beano Cook and Lee Corso are trying to figure out which BCS Bowl Game Notre Dame is going to play in... And Chalie Weis is laughing all the way to the bank.

LSU vs Oregon for the National Championship.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Different game had the officials got the first Illinois "touchdown" right...:shk:

Illinois first TD shouldn't have been. The play that set that up, the player clearly fumbled the ball and it was recovered by OSU. There was no review of the play.

Even the TV announcers expressed concern as to why the play wasn't reviewed.

It was CLEARLY a fumble....

That being said, maybe OSU might have still lost, but to be beat by the officials isn't right. :shk:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Unfortunately that's a good probability. LSU will blow them out and the game will be unwatchable.

Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Whatever dude, your coach could have challenged the play and he did not.

Just accept the fact that you were beaten by an unranked team.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Frauds redux...

Nothing like being in a barn burner with a... Service Academy... At home...

Another year, another over-hyped and under-talented OSU team that will have it's hopes truncated early... At the hands of USC and their stable of truly talented athletes.

Don't worry JT, you still have that community college powerhouse Michigan on your schedule... You have a shot at eeking one out against them...

Big Ten Monkeys, not just for lame ass football anymore...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You could be right but with a freshman QB, this may be the time to get USC. Navy plays that weird schoolyard running game that confuses everybody.

I don't look for an aerial show. This will be a ground game.

Notre Dame will rip the Wolverines. ND favored by 3. It won't be that close.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

That's the problem with playing Navy... People don't realize that that's a damned good football team. Underestimate them at your peril. That triple option they run is a thing of beauty when executed with discipline, I love the triple option.

But you're right, and I wish you weren't, USC is going to ride roughshod all over the Buckeyes. Damn it...

Hate SC...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Triple option. Run correctly, with discipline and speed. It's unstoppable...it's just hard to run without the right personel. Smart and disciplined. But that's something the service academies have in abundance. All of them have run it, and successfully, at one time or another. That, and the mighty wishbone...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm taking Ohio State in that game. USC always has the horses, but I like Ohio State at home against a true Freshman QB even if it is USC.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I hope you're right. My dawgs get SC later this season in Seattle...I'm working my butt off to get tickets... I'm hoping a pal of mine won't be using his season tickets...unlikely, but hope springs eternal.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Is this the right thread to boast about my Gamecocks?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

No, this is about football. Cock fighting is somewhere on a Guatemalan culture board.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I watched the HBO special on the Michigan/Ohio State rivalry this past weekend and it was great. Woody Hayes and Bo Schembeckler were two of the greatest.

My favorite part of the documentary was the end when they were exchanging insults, and my favorite I had to quote:

How do you get an Ohio State graduate off of your front porch?

Answer: You pay him for the pizza

Oh...and by the way...Big 10 sucks...go Irish!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
To be quite honest and frank with you Mirth. Ohio State may run into problems with USC on Saturday. Navy nearly beat Ohio State because their offensive line couldn't stand up to Navy's pressure. If Ohio State has that same problem again this Saturday, USC will jump their o-line every single chance they get. Then again, it is only the second game of a very young season.

To Yeahright......

I would love to see ol' Rich Fraudriguez get his behind handed to him by the means of Notre Dame. It is probably going to be a bad day at the Big House in Ann Arbor when Notre Dame rolls in on Saturday. However, one more loss to Ohio State and it is curtains to Richie Rich in Ann Arbor. I mean, they fired the All-Time leader in wins at Michigan after he lost three straight to Ohio State. Then again, I still see Rodriguez's hiring up there as a thumb to the nose towards Floyd Carr.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Let's be honest, Illinois is second-tier, but they ALWAYS give B10 teams a run. I know even some of the best PSU teams ever being beaten up by the illini. They're always a scrappy team, so don't takew any wind out of their sails.

No one likey PSU in the national title? We won't be challenged much for a few weeks, but that offense is SERIOUS. And the big D is always good.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
So Ohio State lost to USC. At least they played a decent team in non-conference play.

We don't know much about teams like Florida. I am sure they are good, but the toughest team they've played is Tennessee. Wait until they play LSU.

Texas is the same way. Maybe Texas Tech upset them last year, but Tech is not close to a top tiered team. I simply need more information.

Alabama is the only team that I know enough about to be confident in their ability to win the big games.

California did not belong in the top 10. Their toughest game up until getting blasted by Oregon was against Minnesota.

Wait until the BCS rankings come out. The whole list may be different.

I don't think Ohio State is the best team out there(I could probably list 10 better teams), but if all the better teams want to screw up again we may have no choice but to go to the Championship game.

For Ohio State to come close to being a championship team, they will have to get the offense out. If Prior can improve every week and OSU can get through Penn State, Iowa, and Michigan it is likely they will go to a BCS bowl game.

Penn State losing to Iowa. I actually called this one. They should really consider making this match-up the last game of the season.

(2007)

Arizona had something to say about this. 2007 was a crazy year. I still am in shock that Pitt beat West Virginia.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Overrated leads to EPIC FAIL...

Nothing like being ranked number 7 in the nation and losing in conference to a 1-5 team...

I don't need to say a word... Not a word...

Get over yourselves Buckeye fan... If it wasn't for the fanboi efforts of a few at ESPN you'd be unranked in the preseason polls most years...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

I don't need to say a word... Not a word...

No you don't need to say anything. I am quite unhappy about Saturdays events. You didn't need to say anything, but you did anyway.

Get over yourselves Buckeye fan... If it wasn't for the fanboi efforts of a few at ESPN you'd be unranked in the preseason polls most years...

Get over myself? Since when was this about me? Lets not get personal, we are talking football. I would appreciate you stay on topic.

As far as the loss, it happens. I can name 20 games where the much better team lost. As I said before, Ohio State is not a championship team. They are a young team and they need to get their head out of their butt. The quarterback cannot read a defense to save his life. He needs to improve and Saturday was a prime example of that need. Ohio State played like crap on Saturday.

Even still, if the Buckeyes win out they can redeem themselves in the Big Ten. They just have to play their own game and not lose momentum. Its not over, and I will still be a fan if they lose every game.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
How in the world can you find ways lose to a Purdue team that was 1 - 5??!! It just doesn't make any sense as to how they always seem to lose to the basement teams of the Big 10. Granted that those teams like Purdue, Indiana, Illinois can give any of the Big 10 teams a run for their money. So why does it always seem that they find a way to lose to either one of those three teams? I would say that Ohio State could beat Iowa, but Iowa is ranked higher than what OSU is in the polls.

Then again, Iowa did whip the snot out of #5 Penn State a couple weeks ago.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Someway somehow the BCS computer will find a way to put them on the BCS Champioship game... an overated team in a overated conference.... OSU its becoming the new Notre Dame... not many people have notice yet though

top topics

<<   2 >>

join