It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

azazel dudael desert

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

Originally posted by qonone
n the other hand The Apocrypha was all part of the Bible until few 100 years ago and it got "lost" in translation. With every updated version of the Bible we seem to lose extremely valuable information.

Flawed and utter lies. The bible today is a much better translation than let's say the Latin Vulgate held by the Catholics as the word of God for centuries and a millennium. Today's bibles are based on source texts from the first century AD in Greek and Hebrew from a few hundred years BC mostly. Some Aramaic included. The Apocrypha of the NT and the Pseudepigrapha of the OT has never been part of the Bible. And the Bibles we have today aren't translated from modern texts, but Hebrew and Greek sources dating back to as far back as we get. Nothing is lost in translation. What's lost is people's understanding of basic words and concepts. For that is what the Word is all about: Words and Concepts.

[edit on 6/5/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

This is not true. Older manuscripts are not considered as not subject to corruption just because they are older, and many older manuscripts are corrupted on purpose, because evil men have always been evil and have always done such things; just the same as many different translations today are not translations at all, but are re-writings of the Word to change/corrupt doctrine, on purpose [like the Watchtower Bible and Joseph Smith's version both do].

The apocrypha was included in the Greek Septuagint, which was the 'Bible' [collection of books] most commonly in use among the Jews, at the time of the coming in flesh of Christ. Other books were used by tudious Jews than those which were collected in the Septuagint translation.

The author of Hebrews is familiar with the Book of Enoch, from which he gets information for several of his themes, and uses the Septuagint version, in his letter 'to the Hebrews'. Enoch was not in the Septuagint, but it was in use and quoted in the NT just as the Book of Jasher [ a chronology of the tribes of Adam through Noah, to Abraham, and down to Joshua], and the Book of Jubilees were also in use, and both were quoted from in the NT.
The True Jasher is a true history -there are fakes [the true is online at ccel.org], but Jubilees is by no means sacred inspired Scripture, as it has contradictions to the OT, but it was used by many of the Jews after the return from the dispersion, and Peter quoted from it and got a lesson from the Holy Spirit about the error of doctrine which he believed, from Jubilees, which Peter refers to in Acts 10:28

Hebrews 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:, the author
"A body hast thou prepared Me" is not in the Masoretic text in the Hebrew, but is in the Septuagint, which is translated from the Hebrew. So the Hebrew text we have is corrupted, in that in Isaiah the passage states 'my ear hast thou opened' instead of " a body hast thou prepared me". Corruptions are few, however, and the Dead Sea Great Isaiah Scroll is in agreement with the AV version of Isaiah as to all points of doctrine, and with only minor, unimportant, differences.
The Great Isaiah Scroll from the Dead Sea collection is available to read online in English and to compare with the Masoretic version. I can't find it at the moment, but I have and have read from it but not all of it, myself.

www.datingtheoldtestament.com...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to neo christian mystic
Dudael means Great Desert or Fiery Caldron. Some speculate that it can be Negev in Israel...

do you have any links?
thanks

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Azazel must represent Death.

I don't know if it was really a fallen angel or an angel performing a duty for God. I do know that Azazel is where we get the expression "scapegoat."

The two goat sacrifice (only one gets killed) performed on Atonement Day is done because it shows that God is bound by his own law. This is why Azazel (Death) is sent away because the price is paid in full.

Take this scripture for instance about the payment to Death.
1 Corinthians 15:56
"The sting of death is sin and the strength of sin is the law."

Also one scripture says the payment of sin is death.

Everyone must die because that is the law. Azazel must be paid. He gets paid in full when Jesus is put to death. However, Azazel hasn't cashed out his entire winnings yet. The symbolic angel of death following the four horsement of the apocolypse probably represents Azazel also. Near the final judgement hour Death is captured and thrown into the Lake of Fire, where he can never return. This Lake of Fire is not the same place where Satan and his demons go for a 1000 years. The death that is thrown into the Lake of Fire is the death from Adam and Eve.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

Flawed and utter lies. The bible today is a much better translation than let's say the Latin Vulgate held by the Catholics as the word of God for centuries and a millennium. Today's bibles are based on source texts from the first century AD in Greek and Hebrew from a few hundred years BC mostly. Some Aramaic included. The Apocrypha of the NT and the Pseudepigrapha of the OT has never been part of the Bible. And the Bibles we have today aren't translated from modern texts, but Hebrew and Greek sources dating back to as far back as we get. Nothing is lost in translation. What's lost is people's understanding of basic words and concepts. For that is what the Word is all about: Words and Concepts.

[edit on 6/5/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

Hi Neo Christian Mystic

I found this related to your "Flawed and Utter Lies" quote. As Psalm50 explained perfectly imo i will add to best i can with my knowledge.

The Apocrypha refer to texts which are left out of officially sanctioned versions ('canon') of the Bible. The term means 'things hidden away,' which implies secret or esoteric literature. However, none of these texts were ever considered secret.

In some Protestant Bibles, they are placed between the New and Old Testament. In the Roman Catholic Bibles the books are interspersed with the rest of the text. In this case they are also called 'Deuterocanonical', which means 'secondary canon.' The books on this page are all Deuterocanonical.

Jerome rejected the Deuterocanonical books when he was translating the Bible into Latin circa 450 CE, (see the Vulgate). This was because no Hebrew version of these texts could be found, even though they were present in the Greek Old Testament (the Septuagint). However, they eventually were accepted by the Church, and most of them remained part of the Bible. Protestants rejected these books during the Reformation as lacking divine authority. They either excised them completely or placed them in a third section of the Bible. The Roman Catholic Council of Trent, on the other hand, declared in 1546 that the Deuterocanonical books were indeed divine.

Of these books, Tobias, Judith, the Wisdom of Solomon, Baruch, and Maccabees, remain in the Catholic Bible. First Esdras, Second Esdras, Epistle of Jeremiah, Susanna, Bel and the Dragon, Prayer of Manasseh, Prayer of Azariah, and Laodiceans are not today considered part of the Catholic apocrypha.

With one exception, all of these books are considered 'Old Testament'. The apocryphal New Testament 'Letter of Paul to the Laodiceans', was once incorporated in many versions of the Bible. However Laodiceans is now considered just a pastiche of other Epistles, and is omitted from contemporary Bibles.

Cheers Psalm50 for the link and the correction/s. Still studying all this as i believe the same as you. You are correct on 1 Enoch, it was not hidden. I was just trying to say the "average" Christian never knew about all gospels/books, some cases a lot still do not know about all the books. Well in my case at least. I was never told about them while growing up and followed what i was shown, but as a person grows spiritually we get some decent help from The Supreme to stay on the path.

Glad to get that info from you, i am never too old to learn

[edit on 5/20/2008 by qonone]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
Azazel must represent Death.

I don't know if it was really a fallen angel or an angel performing a duty for God. I do know that Azazel is where we get the expression "scapegoat."

The two goat sacrifice (only one gets killed) performed on Atonement Day is done because it shows that God is bound by his own law. This is why Azazel (Death) is sent away because the price is paid in full.

Take this scripture for instance about the payment to Death.
1 Corinthians 15:56
"The sting of death is sin and the strength of sin is the law."

Also one scripture says the payment of sin is death.

Everyone must die because that is the law. Azazel must be paid. He gets paid in full when Jesus is put to death. However, Azazel hasn't cashed out his entire winnings yet. The symbolic angel of death following the four horsement of the apocolypse probably represents Azazel also. Near the final judgement hour Death is captured and thrown into the Lake of Fire, where he can never return. This Lake of Fire is not the same place where Satan and his demons go for a 1000 years. The death that is thrown into the Lake of Fire is the death from Adam and Eve.

In 1 Enoch, You'll find the word Azazel is the name of the fallen Watcher to whom all sin is given [not that he brought sin to earth, but that to him all sin is "given", meaning he gets the wages paid to him for all sin, which is torment in the Abyss of fire forever and forever and forever.
The goat chosen by lot "for YHWH" on the day of atonement was sacrificed. The goat chosen "for Azazel" on the day of atonement had all the sins and iniquities symbolically laid on him by the high priest's laying on of hands to him, and confessing the sins and iniquities of the whole nation over him.
Then the goat chosen for lot "for Azazel" was sent away alive, into the wilderness, taking those sins he was bearing away, to give them "to Azazel" who is bound, there, as the book of 1 Enoch states.
On the day of Atonement which was fulfilled completely, once, for all in Adam, at Passover, when Jesus was the Passover Lamb for the world, His soul also served as the goat sent away with all the sins and iniquities of the whole world [whosoever will identify with his removal of their sins by Him] laid on Him by the Father [Isaiah 53 fulfilled]. He took those sins and iniquities which He bore for us, away, "to Azazel", and gave them to him who was bound and cursed to receive them all. Azazel will be eternally tormented -forever and forever- in the Abyss for those sins -his wages.

From the OT, there is no reason to translate the name "Azazel" as "scapegoat" from the Hebrew to the English, but that the translaors didn't understand the purpose of sending the goat away, bearing the sins and iniquities, "to Azazel", and they did not understand it because they did not read the book of Enoch -nor the ancient Jewish writings which discussed it. Their ancestors in the western world banned it about 400 years after the NT Church was well established and had used that book, called it Scripture, and had quoted from it. But today we have it back, and we know who Azazel is, and why the goat bore the sins away, to where he was bound.

The ancient Jews did read it and did once know it -before they also went astray.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Psalm50]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Psalm50

Actually your wrong, it was Semyeza, his name also means rebellion.
Azezel and the goat thing is pretty interesting though, I'm going to research that.

-Jimmy

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I say, find the desert of Dudael, dig, and see if you find Azazyel. If you do, Holy #e!!!!!

P.S. I would gladly help with the digging....

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by teraform

10.4 And further the Lord said to Raphael: "Bind Azazel by his hands and
his feet and throw him into the darkness. And split open the desert, which
is in Dudael, and throw him there.
DUDAEL

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
DUDAEL was the name given by early hebrew to define unknown lands beyond the scope of god, actually means The empty of god, which means something like all the land out of israel map, so... Dudael only means somewhere out of israel and out of god word, a figure

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

I strongly suggest that before you make such statements that you get your facts right. You are in total error. Nothing bugs me more than people making false statements that they did not take the time to research. For your information the first bibles that were printed had the Apocrypha - Wycliffe’s bible, Tyndale’s, Geneva bible, Bishops bible and more…..even the King James bible. It was not until recntly in 1885 that it was edited and taken out. It seems that the world has been chained to the 1885 revision of the King james bible and that we look at nothing else. Check this link for reference and do some research….
www.greatsite.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
As for the original question, where is Dudael, we probably cannot trace the place since the binding of Azazel took place around the time of the Great Flood. As for the book of Enoch, yes, it is treated as inspired by Jesus, Paul, the author of Hebrews, Jude, and even referred to by John the Revelator. The fact that it was "lost" for 2000 years to the majority of the Christian world does not make it un-inspired. It was in the Bible Jesus had. Yes, the Book of Enoch was met with an embarrassed silence after its introduction because its information changes ones world-view of things quite abruptly. But here is a great explanation for the giant reptiles, the dinosaurs of the fossil record. Yes, fallen angels messed with the DNA pool, creating giant people and giant animals which polluted the gene pool of this earth. The flood cleaned the earth from all these polluted species. It almost appears that the target of the evil angels was to mess up the gene pool of the human race so that the promise of a Savior would not be possible because all humans would have some of their polluted genes. Would you want a Savior with DNA designed by fallen angels? Noah's flood got rid of all these polluted species, though the nephilim arose again a few times after the flood by similar action by other fallen angels it would appear. Some have speculated that the Neanderthal people were part of the offspring of these DNA-altered creatures. It seems possible to me! They were stronger, and had larger brain cavities than modern people. And science wants to take Neanderthal DNA and restore this species to life again! Ho hum.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

To answer the original question, the place Dudael that you're asking about was located in upper Egypt. This is confirmed in the Book Of Tobit, but you can find the info detailed on a number of websites as well. Obviously this is not just a reference to a physical place, but to an astral Gate or portal as well. Because Azazel was not merely thrown under a bunch of sand in a desert, which he could've easily escaped due to his angelic powers. He was tossed through a Gate into a completely different dimension.
The Cities of wisdom are mystical realms inhabited by different hierarchies of angels, all of whom have different assignments related to Earth. John Dee broke this information down into a schematic diagram of the universe divided into 4 quadrants, called the Great Table. Each quadrant is known as a Watchtower. There are Keys which open the Gates to the Cities of wisdom and call the angels out. The Gates can only be opened from within the human realm (by magic) - they can't be opened by the angels themselves, which is why Azazel couldn't escape. Check out Donald Tyson's Enochian Magic For Beginners which goes into more detail on this stuff.
Of course it goes without saying that Azazel is not the type of angel you would want to call out, for any reason. Whether you view him as a subconscious archetype of human ambitions and evils or an actual fallen angel/demon/astral entity, the bottom line is that this is one particular beehive you don't want to poke. The Sumerians were the wisest and most advanced race that ever lived on Earth, with degrees of power we can't even fathom - and even they couldn't control Azazel (who they referred to by another name). That's saying something! This is the culture that invented writing, math, the wheel, ships and nautical navigation, astronomy and most of the sciences, organized warfare (the very concept of military formations is a Sumerian innovation), the first pyramids (ziggurats), and the real black magic rituals which inspired the fictional Necronomicon.
So in summation, I'd advise leaving Azazel alone but that is up to you. Keep in mind he can only be invoked, not evoked. The difference is that with invocation you are risking possession and general self destruction (either karmic damage or worse, such as madness or attracting bad situations). Attempting to evoke won't work because there is no magic circle or banishing ritual that is going to work against an entity this old, who predates just about every type of rule or system you would attempt to use to control him. The Lesser Key Of Solomon's hexes don't even mildly irritate an entity that powerful. So forget about the Lesser Banishing Ritual Of The Pentagram or any of that stuff - you're basically on your own. I'd advise only summoning elementals or regular angels (not fallen ones), if you insist on trying any of those type of spells. But don't take my word for any of this, do your own research in books and online to double check what I told you. And kudos to everyone who pointed out that The Book Of Enoch was part of the Bible until very recently, as is the case with many other ancient texts that were stripped (either by the Council Of Nicaea or other ecclesiastical revolts) by people who thought they revealed too many secrets.
In love and light,
A Brother.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Interesting thread... I am currently doing a study on Noah and the pre flood era. I have included the book of Enoch to my study to give me a better understanding of what took place in the time before the flood. I too was wondering where Dudael is located... do you have any more information or links that i could go to on the web to further my study on the location of Dudael? Thank you so much!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Much is said about this being. One of the things that got passed on was that he was the angel that refused to be of service to mankind...Adam. For this alone, he went against the Divine Will and Order and Cycle that angels natures were emanated for.

I have a great book about this angel and others...I will have to recap with it this evening, maybe posts more later.

In the end....one can look up translations of these names of demons, angels, people, places....and the name itself will show you a deeper understanding of humans and our natures. For example, the passing down that Azazel was a scapegoat for our sins.

This is one of our biggest shackles.....we are not to use a scapegoat, this was a Earthly practice, not spiritual. Passing our sins onto something or someone else defeats our purpose of growth and our path of becoming spiritual beings.

In the end, when one is ready to let go of Earthly things will be the only matter of truth that is of spirit.

We must stop passing the buck, the scapegoat carrying away sins is not the narrow path.

Its more about...what does this story teach me of spiritual nature. Azazel could of never existed....and still this story can teach ones spirit of something if they are truly seeking.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Ah you asked the great question occultists asked for many millennia. After many wrong turns and twists they discovered that the antediluvian Dudael desert now corresponds to the desert areas of the United States (aka 'Mystery Babylon' - Revelation 18) mainly in the areas that are now the states of New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and California. After 5,000 years, Phil Schneider and the boys helped dig the Watchers(aka Igigi or Grigori) back up from their places of punishment (2 Peter 2:4 and Jude 6) as prophecied in Amos 9:2. Except for Azazel who has to be bound to the very day of the WHite Throne Judgement after the soon to come Millennial Kngdom of Yeshua ha'Mashiach (Jesus Christ) is over. They plan to pretend to be "aliens" very soon to help bring in the antichrist's 7 year New World Order. The sheep that fell for the fake moon missions will swallow this one even more- hook, line, and sinker. DON'T FALL FOR IT! Phil Schneider was murdered for talking too much to the public and sadly went to his grave thinking he dug up " grays" from random pockets deep in the deserts of the United States. Their awful stench of sulfur always gives their real identity away. To see what they look like go to Google Images and type in Dogu or Jomon Statues. They are here now and sharing unbelievable technological secrets not seen since the times of Mu and Poseidonis(Atlantis). They even showed the Nazis that Antarctica is none other than flash frozen Atlantis! They dug up Vril-ya, vimanas, and other terrible technologies from there riddled with ancient writing (runes). The allies got control of these during Operation Highjump. The stage is nearly set for what the Luiferian H.G. Wells wrote of in the War of the Worlds. Remember he also wrote THE NEW WORLD ORDER. Enrico Fermi tried to warn us... study the Fermi PAradox. WIlliam Cooper and von Braun tried to warn us as well. Wake up now and see the truth before it is too late. God bless. Get saved now while you can for time is fleeting.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by teraform
hello
first time posting,iam interested in the fallen angels.read that azazel was cast down into desert of dudael,anyone have links or info were this desert may be?

it's the same as Tartarus - the underworld

in ancient Egypt, it was Duat for the Hebrews/Jews, it was Sheol, and for the Greeks, it was Hades.

not necessarily "hell" - depending on the cultural meme thereof - but definitely a place of exile

Duadel, in particular, seems to have a strong connotation with "wilderness" and "desolation"

i'm not sure if this is due to the Azazel thing or if the Azazel thing gets the wilderness idea from the idea of Duadel.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
One thing that caught me in the book of Enoch was the fact he mentions they were placed in a barren desert. Yet, many of the Apocrypha were found buried in the desert...coincidence?

The desert might lie in the harshest and uninhabitable terrain. There are hundreds of terrains we can't explore because the paths are too dangerous and the air is filled with deadly gases.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiritual Paradigm Shift

Yes, it is the South Western deserts of the United States, and Azazel is beneath the place known as Death Valley.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

The Book of Enoch was, in the first century, considered to be scared scripture and was quoted directly by Jude, the son of Mary and Joseh and half brother of Jesus. It was the Council of Nicea, 325 A. D. that decided which of the many sacred writings were Divinely inspired. Personally, I would trust Jude more than the Holy Roman Empire.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join