It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure on monday 11.12.07 Source: Larry King

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The Larry King show is talking about UFO's and a comment was made by one of the guests that there will be a Press Conference on monday at the Press Club where an un named Government officer will present evidence and there for make disclosure.

I don't know who this person is, and I don't know what evidence he plans on presenting.

My feeling is this is another Disclosure Project type event that will present unconfirmable evidence and testimony that will once again be ignored.

Your feelings?

[edit on 9-11-2007 by robwerden]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
They keep showing clips of Aliens destroying things during this Larry King show. I am kind of starting to think that the government really might be staging a false flag alien attack...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by robwerden
The Larry King show is talking about UFO's and a comment was made by one of the guests that there will be a Press Conference on monday at the Press Club where an un named Government officer will present evidence and there for make disclosure.

I don't know who this person is, and I don't know what evidence he plans on presenting.

My feeling is this is another Disclosure Project type event that will present unconfirmable evidence and testimony that will once again be ignored.

Your feelings?

Thats exactly what it will be, more retirees bringing forth evidence that the general public could care less about.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Do you believe there is extra terrestrial life?
Yes 83% 3913
No 17% 797
Total Votes: 4710

These are the currunt results of a poll at cnn.com

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Attendants at the Press Club, monday morning:

Fife Symington, Moderator
Ray Bowyer, Pilot, Channel Islands
Rodrigo Bravo, Pilot, Army of Chile
Wilfried De Brouwer, former Belgian Air Force, retired
John Callahan, chief of accidents and investigations for the FAA in the 80s, retired
Dr. Anythony Choy, Peruvian Airforce
Jean-Claude Duboc, Captain, Air France, retired
Charles I. Halt, USAF, retired
Parviz Jafari, Iranian airforce, retired
Jim Penniston, TSgt USAF, retired
Dr. Claude Poher, Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales
Nick Pope, former ministry of defence in the UK
Dr. Jean-Claude Ribes, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique
Oscar Santa Maria, Peruvian Air Force, retired

Now that's a lot of "formers" and "retired". If these gentlemen know so much, by God someone in office must know the same as them and why aren't those guys stepping forth too?

It's just to easy to believe that these geezers got bored in their old days and now found a hobby that they have nothing to lose by persueing.

Im not holding my breath

[edit on 9/11/07 by flice]

[edit on 9/11/07 by flice]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
They keep showing clips of Aliens destroying things during this Larry King show. I am kind of starting to think that the government really might be staging a false flag alien attack...

Huh? This is just silly. The producers were just inserting all sorts of flashy images because they think that is the only way to prevent the audience from switching the channel. That and baiting the audience with advertising of the upcoming Anderson Cooper latest coverage of another stupid OJ Simpson trial.

Television has turned our minds to mush. The average viewer has no attention span.

The US government is not involved in Monday's panel presentation. Some former US government officials will probably be involved.

The debunker guest on Larry King was truly entertaining. I didn't think they could get anyone who looked more idiotic that the guy they had on their last presentation. The format was much better than the last Larry King special since guests were able to complete their points without constant interruptions by the debunker.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
Huh? This is just silly. The producers were just inserting all sorts of flashy images because they think that is the only way to prevent the audience from switching the channel.

I didn't mean to have it sound like that was the only reason why I think there might be a false flag attack lol. That was just icing on the cake. I think they want the people to be scared.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Will they be recording all this on camera?

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Is ATS doing anything special for this Nov 12th? It would be great if this was covered in depth by this site. Nobody does it better.

One drawback to this press conference is that they are having it on a "MONDAY"???...they are going to be competing against a lot of news stories. Most likely will be some Wall Street sell off or economic news. Bad move.

Should of waited for a Thursday so they could get their story on the weekend edition of USA Today.

[edit on 11/9/07 by Atomic]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Your feelings?
I'd totally put my money on that.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I believe something was said about 7 nations coming together, does anyone have any info on this?

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

People are too eager to write a post... scroll up and read my list of people for that conference...

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice

Now that's a lot of "formers" and "retired". If these gentlemen know so much, by God someone in office must know the same as them and why aren't those guys stepping forth too?

Because they like their paychecks.

It's just to easy to believe that these geezers got bored in their old days and now found a hobby that they have nothing to lose by persueing.

So since that idea is easy to believe, you just assume that it is the reality of the situation? Shouldn't you hear them out before shutting them and this thread down?

Never assume, you'll only make an ass of u and me

Anyway, we'll find out on the 12th, come ridicule us then

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

What better way to erect a global government than to have the whole world united against a common threat?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Here's a question for everyone: are you going to believe them? After all this time, all these lies, all these denials?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Because they like their paychecks.

Not to mention avoiding criminal prosecution. When I was in the military handling highly classified material, I was well aware of the penalty for espionage or even carelessness and a breach of security protocol. A compelling moral argument can be made that military and govt officials should leak UFO information despite the law, and there maybe even constitutional grounds for that action, but I honestly think you'd need to fear for your life if you had knowledge of top secret UFO information and went public with it. Watch out for an apparent suicide or drug overdose.

It's much easier to picture retired people talking about their experiences years afterwards than an active duty military officer or CIA analyst opening themselves up to serious legal jeopardy. I believe any official working directly with actual alien bodies or intact UFOs are either in a geographically isolated location and/or closely monitored by CI (counter intelligence) units.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by Schaden]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

They will spin the story in a way that suits their political motives, but its probably possible to pick the story apart and see what makes sense and what doesnt. As usual, a healthy bit of skepticism is necessary when it comes to listening to someone who lies every day.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Saw Nick Pope on the list and my heart sank, not because he isn't credible, but because he's one of the usual suspects, so that list will either contain more usual suspects or people hoping to become one.

Like to mention something i have never seen said in the UFO community before:

Originally posted by Schaden
Not to mention avoiding criminal prosecution. When I was in the military handling highly classified material, I was well aware of the penalty for espionage or even carelessness and a breach of security protocol

That's a good point, but say they made the whole thing up, how can they be prosecuted for leaking highly classified material if the whole story is nothing but made up fantasy? I would guess that's exactly why former employees are so verbose about things they saw, if they cant be touched in a court for it.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by unnamedninja]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I didn't watch the show
any of you guys know a site where i can stream it or download the show!

Sounds really interesting

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by unnamedninja
That's a good point, but say they made the whole thing up, how can they be prosecuted for leaking highly classified material if the whole story is nothing but made up fantasy? I would guess that's exactly why former employees are so verbose about things they saw, if they cant be touched in a court for it.

Yeah if someone just wants to completely make stuff up, there's nobody that could stop them and the govt certainly won't prosecute. But there is something called graymail. Which is a legal term used when the govt prosecutes someone for leaking classified info. The defense attempts to blackmail the govt by threatening to leak as much classified info during the trial as possible. It seems like they'd rather just not prosecute than get even more compromised. But that's also why I think if some top level scientist or general cracked and showed up at this press conference on Monday in uniform with genuine classified UFO videos and documents under his arm, the govt wouldn't even risk a trial. They'd die of mysterious causes and all of the leaked material would be recovered by an army of stormtroopers.

I saw the blurb in JANAP-146 about prison and $10,000 fines just for talking about a CIRVIS/MERINT report. I still remember my Chief Petty Officer telling me its purpose was to report unknown "missiles" and "aircraft. It's pretty weird to see a specific penalty called out right in the book for disclosing a certain report, when it goes without saying almost all operational details are classified and you wouldn't think about mentioning events at work outside of the job...unless it was something fantastic like seeing a UFO. It reminds me of that crypto tech operator (CTO) in the first DP video. He saw an SI encoded message from a US Naval surface ship that detected visually and with radar, a glowing red object come out of the ocean and fly off into space at 6,000 MPH. It's a lot easier for him to come out and talk about it 10 or 20 years after the fact, than if he had illegally made a copy of the message and mailed it off to a dozen newspapers and TV networks the day it happened. He'd be dead or in jail.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join