It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Anomaly" Debates Essentially as Pointless as Reptiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
In my opinion, this forum has once again become cluttered with numerous threads that all boil down to a single arguement. That is, whether just because something might look like something else, that's what it is. I don't know how many threads we have running now where somebody has tossed up a grainy, blurry, over-pixilated image and asked if anyone else sees the Martian or Lunar City, the alien fossils, the Studebaker from the Future, or whatever.

Quick answer to all of these threads: Yes, the image you've presented, taking into account the general quality of the image, sort of might look a little like what you're suggesting. Happy? Good.

Of course, just because something might look like an alien skull (assuming we knew what it would even look like) doesn't mean that's what it is. Simulacra, things that look like other things, happen all the time. Unless you have some other very strong evidence other than just a vague similarity to go on, then it doesn't mean anything.

And it doesn't even matter so much about image quality, although some of the things people post here are real headache inducers. Take flying saucer photos. We actually have some good, clear photos of flying saucers. What do they mean? What are they worth? They don't mean much and they aren't worth much because there's nothing else to back them up. They're just curiosities that don't really offer any answers.

So go outside and take pictures of clouds if you want, and we'll debate if they look like bunnies or elephants or alien skulls. Then get some grainy images of famous politicians and celebrities that show them with "reptillian eyes." It'll all add up to pretty much the same thing. A lot of nonsense that never goes beyond, "Gee, doesn't this look like it could be (whatever)?"

Yes, it might look a little like a crashed spaceship. Congratulations on your historic discovery. Got anything else on it at all? Any tiny little thing besides the image, itself? No? Have a nice day.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by Nohup]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
People see what they want to see. Show an ink blot to person #1 and they'll see something totally different than person #2.

All this hysteria over picture artifacts is just that in my opinion, hysteria. Perhaps people should turn back to serious investigation instead of combing over a few pixels in Photoshop?

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
There are SOME anomalies that are legitimate and not pixelation or digital artifacts... But I agree that arguing over most images is pointless. The real anomalies are self evident and leave nothing but a lot of speculation for us to do....which some of us like to do more than others

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Did I just stumble into the "Everything you need to know will be explained by the government" thread?

Everything in life is controversial. The trick is to find what makes sense. Now I don't get too worked up over the moon pictures, but it doesn't hurt to look. And I get more than my electrical costs out of chuckling over the Martian artifacts. So what am I out, really?

And there is that off chance that something has slipped through the cracks. That a new thing will appear. That by sifting through the ton of crap, a gold coin will gleam.

Murfeesboro, Arkansas has a diamond mine, where you pay a few bucks, and you can spend the day wallowing in the dirt looking for a diamond in the rough, literally. If you find one, no matter what it's worth, you can keep it. It's a very popular place in the summer. The point is, a lot of people leave without one, but that doesn't mean some aren't there. You just have to move a lot of dirt around and look real close to end up with a jewel.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
In my opinion, this forum has once again become cluttered with numerous threads that all boil down to a single arguement. That is, whether just because something might look like something else, that's what it is. I don't know how many threads we have running now where somebody has tossed up a grainy, blurry, over-pixilated image and asked if anyone else sees the Martian or Lunar City, the alien fossils, the Studebaker from the Future, or whatever.

Quick answer to all of these threads: Yes, the image you've presented, taking into account the general quality of the image, sort of might look a little like what you're suggesting. Happy? Good.

Of course, just because something might look like an alien skull (assuming we knew what it would even look like) doesn't mean that's what it is. Simulacra, things that look like other things, happen all the time. Unless you have some other very strong evidence other than just a vague similarity to go on, then it doesn't mean anything.

And it doesn't even matter so much about image quality, although some of the things people post here are real headache inducers. Take flying saucer photos. We actually have some good, clear photos of flying saucers. What do they mean? What are they worth? They don't mean much and they aren't worth much because there's nothing else to back them up. They're just curiosities that don't really offer any answers.

So go outside and take pictures of clouds if you want, and we'll debate if they look like bunnies or elephants or alien skulls. Then get some grainy images of famous politicians and celebrities that show them with "reptillian eyes." It'll all add up to pretty much the same thing. A lot of nonsense that never goes beyond, "Gee, doesn't this look like it could be (whatever)?"

Yes, it might look a little like a crashed spaceship. Congratulations on your historic discovery. Got anything else on it at all? Any tiny little thing besides the image, itself? No? Have a nice day.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by Nohup]

why are you so worked up over people debating something?

its the only way to learn,we cant leave it all in the hands of a few scientists can we?.

you should be angry at the hoaxers,and the disinformation agents,they ruin it for everyone.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Careful you will get banned/posted locked if you continue to spout a dissenting idea on this forum. Mind you the hoaxers and trolls can go about their business unfettered.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jainatorres
Careful you will get banned/posted locked if you continue to spout a dissenting idea on this forum. Mind you the hoaxers and trolls can go about their business unfettered.

I may be opening a can of worms, but where the Sam Hill did you draw that idea from? There's every flavor of idea here, dissenting something about everything, including the rules.

And hoaxers and trolls don't last long, once it's proven.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I know rite, there r so many vids on youtube of this, like one i saw for example, some guy playing grab ass with his g/f and recording it and the quality is crap so at points the face is distorted for a split second at the begging of a fast movement and then its all explained away in slow motion and stills as involuntary shape shifting lol

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Well, nohup, I have to hand it to you. You've been here less than a month (at least, officially) and you've already managed to figure it out! Wow, that IS insightful. I don't think I've ever heard your sentiment before on this board. It must be that the noise level is so high here that I wasn't paying enough attention.

But, you know, I consider this forum kind of like a bar. There are lots of conversations going on at once. Once in awhile something happens on the big screen and everyone pays attention to that for awhile before going back to their own conversations. On the whole the conversations aren't terribly erudite. There is a wide range of experience and interest and, quite frankly, a lot of the conversations are (cough) inane, to put it mildly, even though most people here think they're the smartest people on earth. On the other hand, sometimes a conversation gets going that provides some pretty good information. And further, even though there are lots of people with lots of points of view, from dyed-in-the-wool skeptic to wide-eyed-believer-in-anything, we're still all interested in the same subject.

There are other bars on the same subject. On the whole, I don't like them. They certainly don't have as much traffic, so I've decided to hang out here until I piss off the owners enough to get me booted out. But I have to admit this isn't the kind of place to do your homework or write your next novel. On the other hand, I've made some good friends here, even people I totally don't agree with. Think of it as entertainment. If you want a more intellectual environment, enroll in a university. Savvy?

top topics

join