It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Predictons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Prediction #1

Within 50 years, some scandal, assisnation, or major event will cause Christianity to collapse and Wicca and Spirituality will become the major 'religions'.

Prediction #2

Not as severe or tragic as 9/11, I believe the next attack on America will come either by sea or rail.

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by CanSpy]

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
christianity is already collapseing....spirituality is all around you....wicca may be a part of that but in my opinion it will never be a major religion

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I disagree. I don't think Christianity will ever collapse. A religion that's been around as long as it has, and not died down, I think it's pretty hard to believe that it will disappear. I also believe that the next attack on America will not be a machine doing the damage, but an illness. But that's just what I think.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I see people flocking in droves to christianity when the up coming earth changes accelerate.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Well, according to the Bible there will only be 144,000 who are saved in the end times. So I must agree!
But in general, I see a decline in organized religion. Many more people are now "spiritual" for many reasons. Some left the Catholic church after the outbreak of molestation charges. It is human nature to sin (I'm not excusing molestation at all) and we expect our spiritual leaders to be flawless. We no longer folow our leaders blindly, we hold them accountable rather than accepting their word as absolute truth. I think the natural progression will be a dissolution of congregations.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
my mum is a reverend in a spiritual church (just thought id throw that in.

i dont think it would be good if christianity collapsed, lot's of people would be very angry and probably would blame other religeons and it would probably start a never ending war.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Christianity will always be around till the end, I doubt very much if you will ever see that collapse, unless it comes at the very end of life as we here on earth know it. And even then you will witness that which has never before been seen by our people.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamaship
Well, according to the Bible there will only be 144,000 who are saved in the end times.

Isn't it the Jehovah Witnesses that say only 144,000 will be saved?? I didn't know that Christianity also believes that. What kind of religion goes around trying to convert everyone when they already have a set number of people that will be saved? this makes absolutely no sense at all to me.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The jehovah witnesses do say that because they interpret the apocolypse wrong. They believe that
only 144,000 will be saved and that it will be all jehovah wtnesses, but what they do not realize is that there are more than
144,000 jehovah witneses in the world.

I believe as a catholic that 144,000 means the men and women who were saints wowere martyred fo christ following him dring his second coming.

peace.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
I believe as a catholic that 144,000 means the men and women who were saints wowere martyred fo christ following him dring his second coming.

peace.

So according to the catholics, only saints are going to be saved? what happens to the rest of the of Catholics? don't they get saved?

and why do people still convert to these religions if that is the case and why don't the rest of the Jehovah witnesses realize that due to the numbers, they don't have a chance???

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The jehovah witnesses do say that because they interpret the apocolypse wrong. They believe that
only 144,000 will be saved and that it will be all jehovah wtnesses, but what they do not realize is that there are more than
144,000 jehovah witneses in the world.

I heard that they believed that there was only room for about 144,000 people in heaven.
And that the remaining jehovas witness has to live on,
on earth.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
fascinating Kiljo, thanks for the info, I never knew that.

so the remaining Jehovah witnesses live on earth....hmm
to cleanup, rebuild, and start the whole cycle again? what happens then? is there supposed to be another coming to save them at another time?
what if they make the same mistakes again?

top topics

join