It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Mayan script

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

"Mike and I diligently plugged in the values" that were cited for the hieroglyphs in the earlier research, he said.

The results? The message would be an odd series of words like "Blood . . . mouth . . . take he take . . . "

Houston and Coe write in their paper that the "decipherment" carried out on the mask's symbols "tells us nothing new, unexpected or even expected about this Isthmian text and the mask that displays it.

(From deseretnews.com... )

This mask seems quite interresting. Has anyone else looked ito this matter. The language seems quite interresting, for it seems to be based around some kind of geometry which is somewhat universal. Could this alef bet be close to the alef bet of the gods?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
the writings in the mask are beautiful, like you said its seems to look like a form of geometry. it causes me to question the intelligence of the mayan. perhaps they were more intellectually evolved as once thought.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I know where I've see that mask before.....

j/k

I love the designs on the inside of the mask. I don't know about archeology, but doesn't it seem odd that the writings are on the inside?

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Sounds like another mystery.

I have a pendent of the Pheastus Disc from Greece...tried to get a copy of it online but it layout form so i could give myself a better look at the script and see what i could make of it!

Anyone know where i can find it?

BTW...very cool...

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
I love the designs on the inside of the mask. I don't know about archeology, but doesn't it seem odd that the writings are on the inside?

Intelligent you are indeed! Hrrrmmmm jea. What is amask? It is something you look through to see the real world. Why would someone write something on the inside of a mask unless they wanted to show that this was hidden for the subject in subject. The object in other words. I believe the story on the inside discribes what they saw back then, to discribe the outside, future world. If I could only get the whole message written as an image. Then I could have rendered my thoughts around it fully.

B.,
Mikromarius

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
the writings in the mask are beautiful, like you said its seems to look like a form of geometry. it causes me to question the intelligence of the mayan. perhaps they were more intellectually evolved as once thought.

The intelligence of the Maya should not be undrestimated. They (we) went through many high density changes to their culture and they (we) followed up with a set of letters which doesn't show their culture's intelligence to the full. Now that's crazy. I believe the Maya had a world order much like our own.

Blesssings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
[Edited on 30-1-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Found these sites for mayan script and logographs.

www.halfmoon.org...

I'm searching for more examples of cuneiform types of the Mayan peoples.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton

Originally posted by darklanser

Intelligent you are indeed! Hrrrmmmm jea. What is amask? It is something you look through to see the real world. Why would someone write something on the inside of a mask unless they wanted to show that this was hidden for the subject in subject. The object in other words. I believe the story on the inside discribes what they saw back then, to discribe the outside, future world. If I could only get the whole message written as an image. Then I could have rendered my thoughts around it fully.

B.,
Mikromarius

But there are no eyes in the mask.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Keep those Mayan links comming please. I cannot get enough of this cool Mayan stuff.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
But there are no eyes in the mask.

Exactly. The story written there is the eyes so to speek?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

top topics

join