It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pop Pop. I Miss You

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
six

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Please accept my deepest condolences. I know it is easier to say than do but grieve not his loss, for he is in a far far better place. From what you wrote he sounds like a wonderfull person. I dont think he would want you grieve so. Keep him alive by passing on the lessons and virtures that you learned from him to your children so that they may inturn pass them on.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I promised myself that I would not do this.
I lied to myself.
I type through my tears.
Yes. A middle aged man is crying.

I can't thank you enough everyone.

I do however ask a favor.

DO NOT weep. Do not feel sad. Praise the life of a GREAT man.

Pop Pop - (Joe) I'll see you again some day. And I'm gonna kick you're butt in chess.

Sorry, I gotta go. I'm having trouble seeing my keybord right now.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
is these things that fills me with disgust
that there are scum out there that don't see past their selfish need

My condolences to you and your family

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Sorry Lombozo for your loss.
It's ok to be sad. It's hard to lose somebody so close to you. He lives on in your memories though, and he's watching you from a better place. They say a moment in heaven is like a hundred years on earth, so in a minute you'll be with him. The ones who suffer after a death are the people who are still alive. We have to trudge through life still, but at the end of it, there's a better place. Thankfully you were blessed to be with your Pop pop when he was on earth, and that makes you a better man, and your son a better man. That's how your Pop pop lives on. His spirit and resolve live in you and your son. They call it heaven for a reason too, he's having a great time up there.

So sorry again, Lombozo.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hey Lombozo. Thinking of you buddy.

I did a little dedication to you and i do hope that is ok. take care!

Podcast

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It's brave to try to put a good face on things, but the truth is that what just happened is horrible.

It's okay to admit it, and it's okay to be mad as hell.

And to cry.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Lombo, listen closely my friend...

There is no shame in your tears....

There is no need for you to hold them in....

The fact that you feel as strongly as you do, that you can cry and admit it here on this public venue, speaks volumes about your character and the man that you are.

The grief that you feel is a direct result of the love you felt for your Pop Pop and should be allowed to flow as did your love...

I have no doubt that there are those here that care enough for you that tears are being shed for you in your time of grief, that is also an expression of love...

Let it out my friend and revel in your knowledge that you loved someone that much....

Semper

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Oh, your words saddened my heart. They put tears in my eyes. I know you said not too. But, I feel your pain. I'm so sorry for your loss. I will pray for you. I'm always here for you. You may u2 me anytime.

shar

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A hug for you and a salute to Pop-Pop, my friend.

From what I've learned about you these past few months,

I'd say, your character, is a fine tribute, to his memory, and

I'm sure 'Joe' is just as proud of you, as you are, of him.

Our thoughts are with you, mate.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
That's too bad my friend. Just remember the good times you had with him. That always gets me through losing my mother. Yes, I was a mamas boy!

I didn't have any relationship with my father, becayse he never did want kids and made it very clear at the age of 16 years old. He has a 4 bedroom house and 1 is for storage, 1 for the stepwife, 1 for him, 1 for his computer and 1 for the cat!

In my rough times he would not let me stay in one of the rooms to help me get back on my feet, so I would be forced to be homeless and sleep in my van. His reason is that if he helps now the begging will never stop. The real reason is he just dosen't give crap and is glad he is not legally responsable anymore.

Now that he is close to the age of passing, he acts like he wants to make amends, but says he can't afford to help me. If he can't afford to help me why did he just buy a new car, hottub and 5,000 backyard barbecue setup for the wife. He cry poor all the time, but is always buying new things for himself.

I told him ten years ago, that he would want to make amends when he gets real old and he just told me to get out of his house.

The point is that you should feel lucky that you had a relationship with your father, just as I feel lucky that I didn't live in a physically abusive family. Just abandoned at the age of 20.

Good Luck Bro!

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
My family is sorry for your loss

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Oh my gosh Lombozo..

This is awful news. When did it happen?
I showed this to my wife, and we both teared up.
It's ok to run through the gamut of emotions, it's normal.

I'm here, we're all here.
We wish you the best in this very tough time..

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear this Lombozo, it seems so wrong for someone who overcame so much to lose his life in such a futile way.

I lost my Dad last year after three weeks in intensive care so I had time to get used to the idea but I'd be lying if I said it didn't cut me deeper than anything in my life before. I also thought I was too old and hard hearted to shed tears and boy was I wrong.

And I learnt that day never to be ashamed to recognise that you care about someone so much that you can cry for them.

God bless mate - take care.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Oh, Lombozo, I'm SO sorry to hear the news!! What a wonderful man he was, and what a real treasure. Hopefully you will write some of the things that he and Mom Mom told you about. Such stories are important to all of us.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Sounds like he was one incredible man Lombozo. He's never gone from you as my daughter would say, because you'll carry him always in your heart. Be well and take care of yourself. I'll be thinking of you.

Zedd

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Lombozo, I am so sorry for this trajic loss you are suffering through right now.

Rest assured, you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. If you ever need to talk, or to vent, just u2u me. I mean that my friend. Take care of yourself...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
lombozo, I'm very sorry for your loss.

But I celebrate that you were able to be around, learn from, be a part of, this man you call Pop Pop.

I never really knew any of my grandparents. Two of them died before I was born, one when I was 10 days old. The fourth was pretty much a stranger to me.

I'd say you both were blessed.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Lombozo, I have nothing to offer to take the burden of sadness and grief from your shoulders. Do know that you and your family have my sincere condolences and sympathy. It's great to see that you remember the goodness in him. As long as you carry those memories of him in your heart, he will live forever.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Hey Lombozo, Very sad to hear of your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

JAK

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Sorry to hear this Lombozo, my thoughts are with you and those around you.

Originally posted by lombozo

...DO NOT weep. Do not feel sad. Praise the life of a GREAT man.

There's a glass of Red waiting to be raised to Pop Pop tonight.

Jak

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join