It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Bull is dangerous?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
doesnt anyone drink water anymore?

I was at a Doug Stanhope stand-up comedy show the other night, and during a bit he mentioned that humans are the only species that will kill themselves because they don't follow instincts. For example, no marketing in the world will get a puppy to drink Cola instead of water, if it's thirsty - not even if you advertise that "Drinking Puppy Pepsi will get you more bitches."

But humans, being dumber(?) than animal instincts would gladly drink soda everyday and eventually die from it.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
red bull is already banned in many countries,

my father inlaw is a surgeon at the biggest teaching hospital in scotland, he has always said that red bull is really bad.
he says that drinking a can a day every day for a week or 3 or 4 in a night out does more harm to your stomach than drinking a bottle of whisky everyday !!!!!

here in the UK people drink gallons of the stuff when they go out, the most popular drink in the last 10 years has been red bull and vodka.

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Unreal -- this thread reached three pages without that one little dirty word mention -- aspartame. Just do a general Google search, and there it is, in the "sugar free" version. Yet, I'll leave you with this one stat -- aspartame is about 200 times sweeter then sugar. Even the non-"sugar free" is poison -- all artificial ingredients, avoid at all costs.

www.google.com...

Just read a review HERE for this product, Syzmo, which has gotten the 'organic' seal of gov't approval. Which, by the way, is expensive to do, as any organic farmer/buyer knows... this drink seems like a decent alternative to someone wanting this sort of beverage.... in researching RB, I noticed what this thread discussed a little, how the "best-selling" bar drink is this and alcohol, also, noticed a lot of news reports about athletes dropping dead w/ this as a suspect. Hmmm, wonder why? (rhetorical, sardonic)

[edit on 10-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
doesnt anyone drink water anymore?

Nope, Seventy-five percent of the population is considered chronically dehydrated. What dehydrates a body? Large amounts of caffeine...

Once in a while, as a matter of fact, I did yesterday, I'll buy a case of bottled water, but that's a rarity. About the only thing I drink water in is my tea or if I have to swallow a pill. It's not a good habit, but it's one that is becoming common.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Good point, the human being is supposed to drink eight glasses a day -- equaling about a gallon. I find myself forgetting to stay hydrated sometimes and fatigue always follows.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Anhinga, what is scary is what being chronically dehydrated means. It means that most people couldn't drink enough water to hydrate their bodies. We have become so dehydrated and put so many other fluids in our bodies that have superceded any water intake, that our bodies couldn't possibly receive enough water to hydrate it.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

And people are wondering why so many are dropping dead from 'cardiac arrest' which is different then a heart attack. Between this and poison in foods and other products, the answer is right there.

But back to the thread's topic specifically, what's totally sickening is that these 'energy' drinks have taken the latest youth population and replaced one poison w/ another -- soda for this.... any caffeinated rush during sporting is a terrible move, asking for heart issues or cardiac arrest, there's countless stories of young kids (college and younger) dropping dead on playing fields.

It's strange to go into grocery stores and see so many of these products w/ ingredients that hurt the body, people don't think twice, supply and demand. What kills me, is that once people's aging process kicks in, and they learn a little about that, your body should be nothing but mainly water, in some explanations, around 80%: en.wikipedia.org...

The human body is made up of over 70% water. Our blood is more than 80%‚ our brain ... over 75%‚ and the human liver is an amazing 96% water!

www.aquasana.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well, as I said, I too drink energy drinks. Despite the fact that it may not be good for you, I seriously doubt it's as damaging as sodas. At least these energy drinks do have B- vitamins in them, or so they tell us...

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga
. any caffeinated rush during sporting is a terrible move, asking for heart issues or cardiac arrest, there's countless stories of young kids (college and younger) dropping dead on playing fields.

I wouldn't recommend these drinks for kids at all. Like I said, while I think that this "research" is most likely being funded by the soda companies, I do know that after I drink a RockStar, my blood pressure increases...

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enrikez
I can't count the times I've heard someone say "EW, I don't want to go to McDonalds, that # is so unhealthy. Let's go to Burger King instead" *Shakes head*

That's my daily dose of funny ATS quotes
I prefer BK myself, too, but not because of health reasons (otherwise I'd be a vegan like DFB). It's simply meatier.

On topic, I'd take this news with a grain. Like Monkey, scientist and others have said, it's all about moderation. Too much of anything is not good for you.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Just found this Salon.com article titled, Liquid Cocaine about Red Bull.

Here is a product -- nonalcoholic, about as caffeinated as a cup of coffee -- that's managed to acquire a reputation as an over-the-counter amphetamine, a surefire wild-times elixir, all the while squirming its way into bars as if it were the latest offering from Anheuser-Busch.

"They are usually very high in simple sugars and contain at least some caffeine. Those are two things that your body will use right away. So these drinks do provide quick energy. Unfortunately caffeine and sugar are used up by the body very quickly as well, so the lift doesn't last very long. You could probably accomplish the same thing with a glass of juice and a cup of coffee."

[edit on 10-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Anhinga, I'll tell you this... When I drink a Rockstar, no matter what time of day, I might as well plan to be up until 1 o'clock in the morning. If I drink two or three, I may not go to sleep until 6 or 7 o'clock the next morning... It is a lot like an amphetamine...

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is insane, from the same Salon.com article I just posted:

The students were drinking Speed Stack, one of its imitators. Warnings on the label of Speed Stack caution: "Not intended for those under age 18. Do not exceed more than one dose per day. Exceeding more than one dose will not increase effectiveness and can lead to risk of heart attack, stroke, seizure or death. Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion call poison control."

It's like the pharm companies now w/ this -- some of those ads on the tv are wild, towards the end, they're rushing thru the side efx, the announcer is mumbling, fast, "or could case death." At this point, one would think people will avoid these products... but... they don't.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Speaker -- please try to avoid these products! Coffee, as dehydrating as it is, has NATURAL antioxidants within, helping to KILL free radicals, I know, some of the RB literature says *it* does good things for you, well, it's all synthetic, at that point, it's like speed vitamins, a quick hit but useless without food as per the vitamin content.

Should you *need* the caff, drink green tea, it's got more caff then coffee and tastes awesome w/ honey, which is one of few *good* sugars. Also, a South American drink, Yerba Matte is another tea w/ caff if you don't like green tea, the taste of Yerba is so good -- I *need* the caff sometimes too and I'll use only these three substances.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Maybe I should quit drinking them...

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Now you're talking speaker! There's alternatives like I just mentioned, please, it'll affect your body and mind in the long run.... and stay away from mainstream soda w/ HFCS (high-fructose corn-syrup) in it, which is in many other products, a similar situation w/ these products -- sick speed rush and no nutrients. Also, there's alternative sodas out there w/ 'evaporated cane juice' which is *true* sugar compared to HFCS -- which acts like synthetic sugars, bad for you and dangerous to a body in the long haul.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
When mixed with booze they both up your blood pressure. Also I believe there is something in Red Bull that messes with kidneys.

Originally posted by smarteye
I first must admit I drink 2 or more Red Bulls a day.

So, who is pulling their media strings against Red Bull GmbH which is owned by Dietrich Mateschitz an Austrian billionaire.

I saw a spot on Fox News explaining that Red Bull mixed with alcohol could be dangerous. I thought "hey no doubt, an upper and a downer, no good". For which I can't find a link to a video. I'm suspicious of everything Fox says; first I wondered why just Red Bull? How about cola or coffee? Both are commonly consumed with alcohol. Red Bull has 30mg/100mls of caffeine vs drip coffee which has 61mg/100mls. One of my favorite drinks is a espresso martini; espresso has 175mg/100mls. Source

MedHeadlines.com

According to a study done by Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, mixing energy drinks with alcohol is associated with with a higher incidence of risk-taking behavior, compared to those who drink alcohol with no energy drinks.

Now the news is that Red Bull is bad for the heart.

FoxNews.com

If you have high blood pressure, you might want to avoid downing energy drinks, like Red Bull, according to a new study conducted by Wayne State University researchers.

The Sun

Beware: Red Bull Can Kill

So lets try and find out how this string was pulled. Why is Red Bull being targeted? This is a minor issue, but in order for us to cut the strings we have to find them.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Loki

A friend of mine was hospitalized for a stroke. The doctor said it the stroke was caused by overdose of this drink and said that he is starting to see it more and more frequently. He only drank 3!!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

You paid $1, you were ripped off, I only paid 10bt, standard price everywhere.
It's much better than Red Bull, can't find it in the UK thou'

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
i find these drinks very usefull in certain occasions. when ive a hangover or been up all night playing poker and i need to get through a days work. i would agree with the tolerance idea.

ive gone through 10 red bulls in a day before. would have been ok with two or three but you get a buzz off of it that makes you wanna go further. i makes you feel happy.

also better than coffee. you can lose track of the amount of coffee you drink. i drank a full jar of it in the space of about five hours one night when i had an exam to study for. putting anything up to 8-9 spoons at a go.

Rockstar is the best though

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join