It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GHB fears for Chinese-made toys

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

GHB fears for Chinese-made toys

news.bbc.co.uk

Millions of Chinese-made toys have been recalled in the US and Australia after they were found to contain a substance linked to the date-rape drug GHB.

A total of five children were taken to hospital after swallowing tiny beads known as Bindeez in Australia and Aqua Dots in the US.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Wow this is nuts. Do you think China is doing these types of things on purpose or is this purely coincidence? If this is being done on purpose what message are they trying to send?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This is just toys. How many Chinese appliances do we got in our houses. VCR, DVD player, TV, think about it. What if things are set up to make it look like china has been making dangerous profucts for awhile, and it spurs military action or instigates political unrest, leading to not cool stuff.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by feanorthedude

Good point man. I didn't look at it like that but unfortunately it makes sense. Why the children though?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think it's done on purpose. They are indoctrinated into hating America and europe and their military policy is designed to ultimately destroy the U.S. Apparently though I leaders think that's just swell and never do the obvious such as attach large tariffs to Chinese products. By the way the Chinese levy a 30% tariff on all foreign products.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
They are indoctrinated into hating America and europe and their military policy is designed to ultimately destroy the U.S.

Where did you get that idea? China isn't North Korea.

Looks like someone's been indoctrinated...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I would like to think this is far from intentional but if someone had proof I could probably believe it was a master plan by the Chinese. They give us dangerous crap, we (the West) then puff our chests out and tell them to get a grip on their industries and then China blames us for being aggressive and gives them an excuse to dump the Dollar.

Or they could just be building everything as cheap as is humanly possible and damn the consequences as long as they get their cash.

Either way, I bet the toy companies will have heart attacks if it's one of their toys that is plastered all over the news on Boxing Day when some kids open their presents the day before and end up spending Christmas in hospital. The way things have been this year and the amount of toys that get moved at this time of year, what are the odds on this NOT happening to children?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I'm not a big conspiracy guy except for just a couple of things. This is one of those things that has now gotten my attention.

Lead paint on toys; okay, I can understand a problem at a couple of factories using one paint supplier. We fix the paint, recall the toys, and problem solved until the next time. Then the next time came with more recalls, different factories, different age group of kid toys. Exporters now checking paint for lead.

Now there is a toy containing a compound that, when digested with stomach acid, reacts the same as GHB.

A question has to be asked. Is there something more sinister involved? Only a few events with 2 root causes. I find it more interesting that these recalls on toys have chemicals known to (or suspected to) cause long term brain damage.

If China had aspirations of a military champaign at some point in the future, the government would be in the planning stages now. They wouldn't attack the current military for various reason. But what if an attack can be mounted on future soldiers? It may just affect a few thousand kids, but that is a few thousand less solders.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me; fool me a third time.... time will tell.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
i heard that on news blurb last night on my talk radio station around 3 am,

what's really odd..... is that 2 days earlier i came across a text article
(and i just cannot trace back my history to find that article again)

which said that a toy product from China, had sickened several kids,
the substance found inside the toys would react if ingested,
produceing a compound called gamma-hydroxbutyric acid
which is associated with the 'street name' drug;
Ecstacy

now that's 2 reports of drugs contamination toys imported from China...

are their covert smuggling operations going on right under our collective noses??

two or more 'accidents' are more like a 'conspiracy' to my thinking

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain
reply to post by feanorthedude

Good point man. I didn't look at it like that but unfortunately it makes sense. Why the children though?

I posted an earlier thread on this when the lead story broke. Think about this carefully. The chinese are a patient people.

You ask why the children? Easy. Lead retards brain function - especially in children. This is their chance to dumb down through lead exposure and now GBH a whole generation of U.S. children. One could (naively?) speculate that the chinese just didn't know about the lead, or that their rules are less stringent than ours. But the lead was not just in toys, if you read the previous news stories. It was also in pajamas, cribs and things we use to feed babies. Our children were set up to eat and sleep in lead contaminated items. Now toys that metabolize as GBH the date rape drug? How can that be an "accident"?

Come on! This is a conspiracy site. We have way more evidence of a conspiracy here than 90% of the issues (9/11, cities on Mars, vote fraud, etc.) people on ATS go nuts over.

This is how the chinese will use our capitalism against us. We will not do anything about this in fear it will hurt our trade relations.

So, we'll lose (part of) a generation without anyone firing a shot or starting a (traditional) war ...

[edit on 11/8/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Do you really think that the Chinese government (or whoever has this supposed master plan to destroy all Americans) actually go around to the toy factories and tell their managers to purposely use lead paint on their toys?
And the toy factories just go along with it?

It just seems a bit absurd how they would persuade the toy factories to deliberately use unsafe paint without questioning it, and get away with it.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I actually made a thread about this concern:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by malganis

Like I said, this is a conspiracy website and IMO there is a lot more evidence to back up this being a chinese conspiracy against the U.S. than many of the other conspiracies on this site that have gnerated hundered or thousands of replies.

BTW, here is the thread I started on this subject back on 8/31/2007

Thread

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
For a while now I have been doing my best to avoid Chinese made goods even giving up Mandarin oranges that I used to eat all the time because I just don't trust their exports anymore. I'd rather pay more for goods from another place and it would be good if more did the same and sent a message but its unlikely though, people like cheap junk to much.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
China is Capitalism gone crazy right now. There is very little oversight on things like this in China. China is growing so fast that this was bound to happen. I'm just wondering how far back does this all go. Did my child play with lead tainted toys growing up or what? I still have piles of those toys stored away and would love to see if some paint on those have lead. My guess is yes, they do have lead in them.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
And don't forget the bad Chiniese pet food from several months ago.

Many cats and dogs died.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

That doesn't really answer the question. Yeah it's a good conspiracy, but it's also a bit far-fetched in the way that the Chinese government couldn't just go round to a load of companies and factories telling them to deliberately make dodgy products without anyone questioning it.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It's not a China vs. USA thing. It's more of a China vs. western World thing. I heard on the news that some kids in Australia got sick. I know we have members there, so let's hear from our downunder guys.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by malganis

Nope, they would go around to the paint manufactors or maybe the suppliers of those.

Don't forget they still have central control in China.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm not a conspiracy nut or anything but would i being going out on a limb by thinking that this just might be being done by someone other than Chinese?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join