It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother jailed and put on trial for curing her son of melanoma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

An unholy alliance of California Child Protective Services (CPS) with a hostile doctor and judge is attempting to railroad Laurie Jessop, framed as a threat to her son and the establishment for finding a way to cure him of malignant melanoma. She is now on trial, under a gag order, since she had gone to the press. When she was arrested, she was put in maximum security, solitary confinement, in the Orange County, CA jail. They claim that everything about. her says anti-Establishment, so she was told, as she was considered a threat in starting a riot.

angryscientist.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
thats taken from a blog, I have a hard time believing what was posted.

lol

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
googled this, sounded too weird to be true.
Sounds like the boy will be left iwth some serious scarring where the melanoma was, but still good that the cancers gone.

here's a more sceptical outlook:
scienceblogs.com...

And here is an explanation of why black salve is illegal:
www.quackwatch.org...
(Assuming it is corrosive which it probably is)

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It seems a little strange if the gag order WAS actually ordered.

It's entirely possible child protectives services WERE called for the use of a corrosive salve instead of a recognised/authourised treatment.
I suppose it's horses for courses.
I've used corrosive wart ointment to burn out an ingrowing hair root

But that's just me.. a bit loony.Hey it worked though!!.

Using 'alternative medication' on a child is a little different to experimenting on yourself..and that stuff looks violently corrosive.
I somehow don't think we're getting the full story here.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by AGENT_T]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
what do you think chemotherapy is?

do you know all the hoops nurses have to go through if chemotherpy IV fluid is spilled?

www.cancertutor.com...

double standards? anyone?

it's pretty simple, either it's true or it is not. i understand why you want the story to be false, but that does not make it so, does it?

edit:

there are certainly similar cases with better documentation (including MSM
) see f.ex:

www.abrahamsjourney.com...

MSM source:

www.washingtonpost.com...

i can tell already that denial goes hand in hand with skipping most of the article.

[edit on 13.11.2007 by Long Lance]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
what do you think chemotherapy is?

Oh come on...

There is a distinguishable difference between the application of chemotherapeutic drugs and toxic home concoctions that are rarely diluted and contain chemicals like Ichthammol, Phenyl Alcohol, Arnica Montana, etc (such as with Black Salve). I know you're all for natural remedies, but home treatment with toxic products under uncontrolled conditions have a far greater chance of exposure than by a physician or Oncologist who is trained to deal with the toxins in an appropriate manner. You also make it sound like intravenous Chemotherapy is the only option.

Chemotherapy is used to specifically target and impare cellular mitosis, and can be administered to directly target the cells not only intravenously but in pill, capsule, and/or liquid form. Medications can be given that completely reduce the risk of a spill because they come in tablet form like a Podophyllotoxin Etoposide or anti-metabolite like Purinethol. There are many more that come in tablet form that directly target the cancer cells without harming the surrounding cells, but like any medication there is a possibility of side effects. For instance, Topoisomerase inhibitors (like the aforementioned Etoposide) directly interfer with cellular transcription and replication of DNA because they are isomerase enzymes which work to undo the guiding and catalyzing of new DNA into the double helical twist.

Then of course there are the intravenously administered medications like some Plant Alkaloids and Topoisomerase I Inhibitors like Camptothecin-11, or anti-metabolites like Fluorouracil. These medications are highly toxic as a skin irritant given the nature of injection, but usually even at large doses the wound or irritation tends to dissipate and heal over time. With that being said, common sense should prevail and show that only people trained to handle these cytotoxic chemicals be allowed to do so. If an untrained parent were to do this with something like Black Salve, then they not only run the risk of endangering their child but themselves as well. Of course, those that practice and make millions off of the so called "natural" healing industry will never admit that a professional Oncologist could be right.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by Jazzerman]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman

You also make it sound like intravenous Chemotherapy is the only option.

no, but what's good for the goose is good for the gander. i know that controlled conditions are preferrable, but this certain treatment was not available under normal circumstances. toxic and dangerous chemicals are used on both sides of the fence, that's all, so that aspect alone is not enough to denounce the use of alternative medications.

i know too damn well that one case means nothing, that healing sometimes happens without discernible cause and that we would never have heard of Ms. Jessop and her son (provided the blog is truthful) had the treatment failed.

it boils down to whether you're allowed to try to restore your own health, save your own life the way you personally see fit or whether that decision lies elsewhere. note that no 'quack' was involved, therefore noone's license can be revoked and since controlled substances apparently weren't in play, they have zero reason to put anyone on trial, much less throw anyone in jail like a street thug. then the gag order, what's the reason for trampling all over her freedom of speech? scared of attention? i know i would be if i walked in their shoes.

[edit on 14.11.2007 by Long Lance]

top topics

join