It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iraq for oil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
i always hear people say that usa and friends only started the iraq war because of the oil , but in my opinion that war was started to conquer territory that permits them to attack for example iran more easily , i think oil is just an extra , destroying the "enemy" and conquering the territory to put pupet governments is the most crucial thing to do, rigth?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think there is a very big picture involved, and it looks out 50-100 years. The oil companies put puppets in power, to make sure we don't do what brazil and the netherlands have done, react to the energy crisis intelligently.

The US does have Iran surrounded

don't forget the natural gas stores in kazakhstan

there used to be a great article on ATS describing bin ladens ultimate ambition to rule a single united arab nation, with saudi arabia's oil and pakistans nukes. Its a caliphate, here is some info

The Caliph (pronounced khaleef in Arabic) is the head of state in a Caliphate, and the title for the leader of the Islamic Ummah, an Islamic community ruled by the Shari'a. It is a transliterated version of the Arabic word خليفة Khalīfah (help·info) which means "successor" or "representative". The early leaders of the Muslim nation following Muhammad's (570–632) death were called "Khalifat ar-rasul Allah", meaning the political successor to the prophet of God (referring to Muhammad). Some academics prefer to transliterate the term as Khalīf.

Caliphs were often also referred to as Amīr al-Mu'minīn (أمير المؤمنين) "Commander of the Faithful", Imam al-Ummah, Imam al-Mu'minīn (إمام المؤمنين), or more colloquially, leader of the Muslims. After the first four caliphs (Abu Bakr, Umar ibn al-Khattab, Uthman ibn Affan, and Ali ibn Abi Talib), the title was claimed by the Umayyads, the Abbasids, and the Ottomans, and at times, by competing dynasties in Spain, Northern Africa, and Egypt. Most historical Muslim governors were called sultans or amirs, and gave allegiance to a caliph, but at times had very little real authority. The title has been defunct since the Republic of Turkey abolished the Ottoman caliphate in 1924.

I think that scared the crap out of a lot of people, and what you're seeing is preventive measures

[edit on 6-11-2007 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
IRAQ was to get control of the area...for oil.

Cant let them control us now can we?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Oil was definately one of the reasons, but not the only one.

Another foothold in the middle east.

Destruction of a semi-revolutionary regime (Saddam for the bad things you can say, raised the overall wellfare of the people to the highest standard of living in most middle eastern countries before the first gulf war).

Moving the public eyes onto another war front thus taking their eyes off social and political issues at home.

These are just a few of the many reasons.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
on the middle east theres the biggest exporter of coc aine in the world afghanistan

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dracodie

Really coc aine?

Opium, herion, and even morphine i could see but coc aine? I would have thought that that title would have belonged to bolivia or columbia. Do you have a source for that?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
lol , got distracted writting , i wanted to write opium

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dracodie

Ahh ok gotcha, i was wondering when afganistan took over the coc aine production and what the columbian cartels had to say about that, after all, they are well connected within the US intelligence agencies.

new topics

top topics

join