It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shula cries foul if Pats go undefeated?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
OK, I have always thought Don Shula was the man in his day. After all he did guide the Fins to the only undefeated season ever in the NFL.

But its just halfway through the season and ol Shula has played the jinx card on the Pats. I cant help but lose a bit of the respect I have for the man for coming out now and doing this.

What do you guys think?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Should he have waited or is this even applicable here. The players still make the plays, so how much really did this spying do to help the pats beat the opponents they have done this to. Im pretty sure the Jet game wasnt the only one they spyied in. In fact ill say they all do it so whats the beef Don?

Come on let them get to 14-0 , 15-0 before you start crying.

Anyway this has got to be the ATS Sports Whine of the week right?

Talk to me ATS, you got your ears on my football homies.

:bnghd:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Well, the spying scandal is something that is likely to consistently loom over the head of Billichick... That is a problem that he created for himself. Is he still doing it? Well, I will have to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven that he is still doing it.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hey Speaker, I do agree he has done this to himself, but are we to believe he acted alone. LOL its my belief that this type of thing has been going on for awile through out the NFL. I dont buy the Pats were alone in doing this. But thats me i guess. i just think Shula showed poor attitude there. but thats no crime I guess I would be pissed if my last remaining record was in jeapardy.

Thank you for the post man

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I read that yesterday and it really irked me. Shula just doesn't want to lose his record. He's being a crybaby. If the Pat's go undefeated there will be no "asterisk" like he is calling for. Going 16-0 is something incredible. In all honesty even if they were cheating I don't think it would make much difference. That's an incredible feat to accomplish even if you were playing college teams.

Shula needs to stop being such a baby and shut up. They haven't even done it yet.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I agree with what a lot of the sportswriters were saying on TV yesterday, the juvenile way the members of that Miami team act is getting a bit annoying.

Peace

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Grandpa Simpson needs to keep his mouth shut. The 72' Dolphins should have an asterisk next to their team because they only played 14 regular season game.

I am sick of hearing from the Steve Young, Tom Jackson, Tony Dungy, and Shula's of the world complaining on how the Patriots are evil. They each are jealous of the Patriots succuss and do everything possible to degrade Belichick and the Patriots.

Patriots got caught breaking a rule, they were penalized. Every team cheats, the Patriots got caught with a video camera on the side line, big deal. Many teams do the same thing, but they are just smarter about it. Bill Cowher admitted he did the same thing, but he had a guy in the stands video taping.

Everyone just needs to move on.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
Grandpa Simpson needs to keep his mouth shut. The 72' Dolphins should have an asterisk next to their team because they only played 14 regular season game.

Yeah, but they played in the days when football was still football... There weren't all of the rules and regulations "protecting" players from injury. I tell you what, I'd take the 72 Dolphins over any of the teams currently playing in the NFL right now... By the way, I can't stand the Dolphins, but the 72 Dolphins were probably one of the toughest teams to ever step on the football field.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I tell you what, I'd take the 72 Dolphins over any of the teams currently playing in the NFL right now...

I think the boys in Vegas would disagree with you.
Seeing Bellichick's penchant for stepping on the throats of opposing teams this year, the Patriots could put up 70 points on them. They may not be the greatest team ever talent-wise, but they're up there with the Cowboys of the 90s as the most well-oiled machine in NFL history.

Also for the record, Miami only played two teams with a winning record that year.

Peace

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
but they're up there with the Cowboys of the 90s as the most well-oiled machine in NFL history.

That may be... The Cowboys of the nineties were great, but they never went 19-0... I don't suspect New England will either, but we shall see.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Not only is Shula crazy but he is also a hypocrite.

He was still the coach of the Baltimore Colts at the end of the 1969 season, when then-Miami owner Joe Robbie approached him and signed Shula to a contract. The NFL charged the Dolphins with tampering and awarded their first-round pick to the Colts. Undaunted, Miami reached the Super Bowl in 1971, then rebounded from a loss to the Dallas Cowboys by winning the next two, including the perfect 17-0 campaign.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

source

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I hate the Pats but if they do go undefeated, they deserve all the credit for doing something that is almost impossible in the NFL, especially these days.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Finnally getting back to my threads,,,,, well its been a few weeks and the Pats are going for history. i will watch the game for sure and although my heart is with my skins to win. i have to give the Pats props, they have weathered the storm to this point and will go for 16-0 tonight. Glad its on prime time nationwide and I think its good for football IMO.

I also have to mention I think they got a lot of help in Baltimore. they should have lost that game right?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Shula has my respect back. His interview last night was respectful to the NE players and he gave them thier credit.

Still, if the Pats dont win the Superbowl they are just a great team. But if they win it all then they could be argued as the best single team in NFL history. IMO

top topics

join