It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Huckabee - I'm on board

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
We'll my decision has been made; I'm jumping on with Mike Huckabee. I've been looking at all the candidates for weeks and weeks now, and have decided that he aligns most closely with my positions. I urge you to look into Mike and find out more about his stances on the key issues of our time. For more information, visit this link...

Mike Huckabee Vertical Day

ape

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Tax hike mike? You're supporting a man who is pro amnesty/pro illegal immigrant and he has a record of it, he is also credited for destroying the Arkansas Republican party. The Huckster is a liberal fronting as a Republican, you should do some more research otherwise I might have to do it for you.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by ape]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Huckabee isnt a terrible canidate. That being said hes not my first choice. But he might be better then the majority of the GOP feild. Like him better then Guliani, Rommey, McCain, and Thompson.

That being said, i don't like his stance on imigration/Amesty for illigals, and his record of rasing taxes.

Truth is, i think he is a manifactured dark-horse, he came to the stage when it was appenrent that Ron Paul was gaining some support. Just like Thompson came to the stage when McCain started to look lame.

Sorry i have such a jaded view on the topic, but he doesnt seem like a genuine man with good intentions to me...

ape

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
He's not even a contender IMO. Where is his support? Sure he has support among the Bushies, they are the ones being polled by pollsters since they are going by 2004 primary voters. He has 11% among the Bushbots, and almost no fundraising. Didn't he raise less than 200k all october?

here's an interesting WND article on him. Some might consider it a hit piece, if so challenge it. worldnetdaily.com...

" State spending under Huckabee increased a whopping 65.3 percent from 1996 to 2004, three times the rate of inflation."

The last thing we need is another Bush clone. We are stuck with clowns on both sides, Hillary is Bush in a skirt with a commie slant.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by ape]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I know a lot of people who like him and I like a whole lot of what he says, but when it comes to foreign policy I think he has fallen hook line and sinker for this war on terror nonsense, and basically falls for any war mongering out there.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Did you see the guy on Bill Maher? Pure plastic. The epitome of a stiff, fairweather politician trying to do his best to be "relevant." He in the upper echelon of lesser evils though. Not to take anything away from him.. Politics are bad business. It'd be hard to maintain who you are and what you believe with all the different pressures you come under in that sort of situation.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Mike Huckabee should invest in a better suit. Also, he does not believe in evolution. The jury's still out on that one for him.

I can't have a guy like that in charge of funding for NASA. Besides, Arkansas already had a President. Give someone else a chance, like Wisconsin. Tommy? Where'd you go?

Vote Ron Paul! He'll wash your car!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
....what about Mitt Romney in the polls? I don't get it, the nation seems to like him so far. And no offense to any, but a Mormon? Does the country suddenly accept such a controversial religion/follower to serve as President? Numerous wives, this seems pretty sexist.

www.boston.com...

Onto Huckabee:

Regarding Huckabee’s stance on immigration, Mr. Minton said, “Until of
late, he has been an open-borders guy on immigration–amnesty, the
whole works. As governor, he wanted to give free college scholarships
to all illegals.”

That Huckabee is a liberal “tax and spender” is also affirmed by Tom
Roeser. According to Roeser, “[Huckabee] hiked state spending 65.3%,
from 1996 to 2004. He supported five tax increases, leading the ‘Club
for Growth’...

soldierservant.wordpress.com...

...not that I'm down w/ the rest of this guy's platform, but thought to grab some stats from there.... besides the 'immigration' debate, the tax hike is all I got on him, plus, although he's not a CFR member, he has spoken to the group.

I remain a Paul supporter. Tax hikes like that as a Governor, no thanks!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
He's a good candidate, much like Tom Tancredo, but I don't see him making it. People like Hucklabee, Tancredo and yes, Ron Paul just do not have enough mainstream support to ever make a real run towards the office. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga

....what about Mitt Romney in the polls? I don't get it, the nation seems to like him so far. And no offense to any, but a Mormon?

WHO CARES? Would you prefer to have some radical fundamentalist in there? A politician's religion shouldn't even come up... Period. I personally wouldn't care if the guy was a freaking Scientologist. His spiritual beliefs are none of my or anyone elses concern.
In case you're wondering, yes, I'd take Romney over Giuliani any day of the week to lead this country.

[edit on 19-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Yeah, check the anti-Romney thread I started. Lied about being in the CFR, his grandfather had seven wives, had a scandal w/ an ex-finance aid indicted on child abuse in Utah at a school, is for abortion after being against it, I haven't even checked his voting record yet on wars but is for increasing concent. camps, and overall seems like a scam artist.

Watching a clip on Huckabee now, he's really pro-taxes, I don't see how anyone could be -- create more government jobs through large-scale infrastructure projects. China, Russia -- they have mavlev trains already, the U.S. loses more and more jobs.

www.youtube.com...

Hill is probably the shoe-in, rigged or not, just reading her bit about gas prices, not good, 50$b investment? That's it?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Nyk537 I have a question for you .

Assuming that Rudy wins the nomination do you think that that there is a chance that Mike could be his VP pick and if so why or why not ?

new topics

top topics

join