It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New forums?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Why do we have new forums for "Video games" and "Entertainment"? I thought this site was supposed to cater to Conspiracies, Supernatural, ET/UFO, etc discussion. I fail to see how the topics posted in the Video games forum in any way fits the site. It has just become an "everyone's forum". You want to talk about how awesome you are at Halo 3? come on over to ATS!

I think it was a big mistake. If there's something in artwork, music, video games, etc that have something conspiracy-related or has something pertinent for ATS discussion, i don't see why we need new forums, the old ones work just fine.

What's with the new emoticons? WAY too flashy and over the top. Was the ATS community consulted when making these changes? i don't remember seeing any discussions.

I saw someone in the Rant forum say this site has become a big online tabloid. I tend to agree with that. I think ATS has gotten too far away from its roots and is no longer relevant to my exploration of the unknown.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33

Why do we have new forums for "Video games" and "Entertainment"?

These forums aren't new, BTS has been around for awhile.

I thought this site was supposed to cater to Conspiracies, Supernatural, ET/UFO, etc discussion.

Thats what ATS is for, BTS is for off topic discussions. I think BTS is a great place to hang out and get to know fellow members.

I think ATS has gotten too far away from its roots and is no longer relevant to my exploration of the unknown.

I think your over-reacting here, ATS and BTS are two totally different forums. It's not like the topics are showing up on the same page or anything, if you don't like the topics on BTS then just don't look at them. I thinks it's great ATS has created a place where anyone can take their off topic conversations, without clogging up the main site with them.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
ok so why are BTS topics just now showing up on the recent posts section in ATS? if i wanted to see that stuff i would just go to BTS.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Take a deep breath and get all the information before you "go off".

BTS was created to keep the chit chat stuff off ATS. It's been around for a loooong time. If you want to alter the way you view the recent post page on ATS click and alter the following:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I just had a look and didn't see any BTS topics in ATS. I have seen it the other way around, but that was certain subjects that affect everyone. Perhaps you should take a look around BTS. There is good information there. Plenty of advice for members on just about everything....... even what kind of pizza is good!

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
i didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. all i know is when i logged in today i had a whole bunch of topics listed in recent that weren't there before and that i didn't care to see.i looked in my preferences and saw no option to change the recent layout, but i guess i was looking in the wrong places.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I too got bumped to bts as well 33. Perhaps they are trying to tell us something.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

Don't worry, our feathers are still intact

If you go to the member center, click 'ATS customizations' to change the threads viewed on the recent posts page. There's no option to view ATS and BTS threads on the same page(only ATS and PTS), so maybe you clicked the recent post page for BTS on accident.

Or, If you only want to view recent posts from certain forums, I would definately check out the My ATS button at the top of the page, where you can customize the content to your preference. Hope this helps you out.

top topics

join