It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddler with Eight Limbs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Toddler with Eight Limbs

www.dailymail.co.uk

A toddler born with eight limbs and believed by some to be the reincarnation of the multi-limbed Hindu goddess Vishnu, is set to undergo a 40-hour operation to remove half of her limbs.

Lakshmi Tatma was born joined to a 'parasitic twin' and will go under the knife at the hands of 30 surgeons to remove two of her useless arms and legs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I have to say this is scary and strange at the same time, it's just wow.

And this might be the best evidence yet that mythology has existed. Such as, minotaurs, for example, I don't know.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-11-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Couple of short questions:
1. How did Lakshmi Tatma poop when she had a parasite attached to her pelvis (and vice versa)?
2. How can she poop now?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
thats really cool. And she was born on the day of the Vishnu celebration. That is very unexplainable.....................!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I have a feeling we are going to start seeing many more eight-limbed, four-eyed, two-toed, six-headed people due to all the depleted uranium dust flying about in the middle east. The rate of birth defects is going through the roof and its only going to get worse.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Oh wow !!!
Did anyone go to the link and see all the pictures ?

Here's one I snagged from the original link posted above....

WARNING...... SOME IMAGES ARE GRAPHIC.....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Obviously its evolution at work. I mean who wouldn't want 8 limbs?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
That pic with her staring up at the sky is kinda creepy,uh?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

how is this Breaking news?

Last updated at 14:58pm on 9th November 2007

a couple months late isnt it?

also the Girl had an operation a month or two ago and had the Limbs removed successfully.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chad Andrew
Couple of short questions:
1. How did Lakshmi Tatma poop when she had a parasite attached to her pelvis (and vice versa)?
2. How can she poop now?

If you look at the pictures and x-ray photo she had the parasitic twin attached at her pelvis. Her arms are in the correct position as are her legs, though her legs appear to be splayed due to the pelvis of her attached headless twin.
The two lowest limbs in the second photo are in fact arms.

You can clearly see a properly formed vagina on her left side in one photo and would likely have a second one on the other side. The way the two are joined I imagine she would have a normal bowel movement the same as anyone would, and probably even had two anus' before the surgery, one for each twin.

The parasitic twin would have absorbed nutrients from the fully formed twin because without a head the other one would not have been able to eat for itself.
If indeed the girl had two anus' then the malformed twin would only leak dead blood cells in a liquid fecal discharge. The fully formed twin would, or should be fairly normal.

EDIT: Bodrul is right, this is news from last November and really should be in the "Medical Issues Forum".
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22/3/2008 by anxietydisorder]

new topics

top topics

join