It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only place I could think of to put this..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
In my astronomy class I need to write a 15 page report on a topic of my choosing.. Im wanting to write a paper about Planet X. I was wondering if anyone had any type of website(s) I could look at that were somewhat reliable, and not to sci-fi if thats possible. Thank you

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
2015 is not the place to post this, please read the Forum description. By the way, there is a members forum in BTS, just so you know. I'll see about getting this relocated, as I cannot do it.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Google the Milky Way's center,see how different it is there. It's how our galaxey survives. Interesting and you should have a great paper.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Not quite sure of the content, but just Google 'Planet X' and see what sort of information you can find.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malkavin
In my astronomy class I need to write a 15 page report on a topic of my choosing.. Im wanting to write a paper about Planet X. I was wondering if anyone had any type of website(s) I could look at that were somewhat reliable, and not to sci-fi if thats possible. Thank you

You are not going to find any sites on planet X with any good astronomy on them. I know now people are gonna post a million sites with bogus info they don't understand, but if you're looking for an A try to show that you understand astronomy, not buy into bad stuff.

Doing a serious science paper on planet X is like trying to prove you can use a rubber band and some super glue to make nuclear bomb. It would be a funny paper but you'd still get a big ol' F cause there is now science in it.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Science Guy Q, good answer

Malkavin, if you took the approach of trying to understand how people perceive astronomy and how hoaxes and erroneous beliefs form and propagate, it might be a good paper, but it wouldn�t be strictly about astronomy. If that is your intention, check with your teacher first.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Malk,

you are in some difficulty here.

trying to make a statement about something that science is NOT CAPABLE of PROVING or DISPROVING within an academic environment is suicide.

Like Howard said, ask your teacher how much inside the lines your coloring has to be to be acceptable.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
seds.lpl.arizona.edu...

Has some good info, but like the above posts say...there isn't much fact or proven science in it.
I got the link from here. It's a site hosted NASA, answering school kids questions about Niburu/PX.

Hope you do a paper on it. It's an interesting topic. Doing a paper on a theory is not unheard of. There are plenty of papers on black holes, wormholes, and singularities. These phenomena are pretty hard to nail down in nature as well. (I'll probably get swamped with retorts though...)

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
He said that it doesnt really have to be "factual" one person last semester he said did the origins of the universe, and I guess she did a paper on various mythologies of the creation.. Greek, Egyptian, Chineese, etc.. So he isnt really into factual things, more or less you thoughts and beliefs. I asked him about Planet X, or Nemesis as he put it, so he knows about it and whatnot and said it would be an interesting topic to discuss, but yeah, I will check with him and see how much factual data he wants in it and whatnot. Thank you for the links btw Dark

top topics

join