It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of Iran: You decide

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
I guess you believe that because 9/11 happened that gives us an excuse to bomb any country we want to killing as many people as we want to, right?

Answering a question with a question does not make a point.

Evil bastards is right. I fear you don't know who exactly those evil bastards are, though. It seems to me you still have the FOX News sponsored view of 9/11.

Since you mentioned Fox News, I guess you are saying that CNN, MSNBC, CBS and ABC all subscribe to your 911 conspiracy lunacy. I think NOT!

Let me guess.......bombs and the depleted uranium in our weapons, right?

There you go again answering a question with a question.

The no respect I had for you from the start drops every time I read one of your posts. I can't imagine why any one would agree with your views. They're so distorted and pathetic it's unreal.

You say it like I am suppose to care what you think.

Hate to burst your bubble but you are in the minority with your conspiracy lunacy. :lol

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It's actually an unfortunate general ignorance of Americans to believe that their lands (and a few islands, western Europe, and SOME Mexican regions) are the only beautiful ones out there. I know, I spent half my life outside of the U.S and then my recent half here, going to school.

Whenever my home country would be brought up I'd get typical responses:

"WHO CARES ABOUT THAT PLACE ANWAYS!? LOL"

"WHAT HAPPENED THERE THAT MATTERS? LOL"

"THEY RIDE DONKEYS THERE, DON'T THEY? LOL"

And when I'd bring up a list of notable inventors from Hungary, it'd be dismissed instantly. When I'd show them my own pictures of my country, it'd be dismissed as sugar coating.

It's really sad. Truly ignorant. But it goes both ways. That's why traveling to countries that you may be "uncomfortable" with is a key part of life. You'll find the most amazing things in exactly those locations:

Less superficial bullcrap.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Donoso]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donoso
It's actually an unfortunate general ignorance of Americans to believe that their lands (and a few islands, western Europe, and SOME Mexican regions) are the only beautiful ones out there.

Please provide some evidence to your claim because I have not read any posts state that America has the only beautiful land.

I think you are reading what you want to see in order to further your own ideas.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

I agree with you. Who says these things? Ive never heard it. In fact, I hear quite the opposite ALL THE TIME! I have traveled to other countries, as have most people I know have too....and they all claim that the most beautiful places they have seen are outside the states.

So, I cant imagine where the claims are coming from. I just think they are made up as another attack against Americans and the US

I have been to some absolutely beautiful places in Russia. And amongst the beautiful landscape were the poorest most desolate people I have ever met. People who have to live under horrible governments that keeps them in poverty.

But hey....AT LEAST they can look out of their window and see beautiful scenery...since thats all that really matters, eh? LOL

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

This may be part of my intent and purpose for posting these pictures. It is time that we as a human race begin to look at other nations and cultures without the bias of the media to taint our rose colored glasses and send us only pictures that will perpetuate the hate and the denial as well as the ignorance and strip people of the possibility of compassion and empathy. If people cannot relate in a genuine way to other peoples and cultures then it is only natural that they would buy into the propaganda that leads them into separatism.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have lived in Tehran in the past. And yes some pictures are of that city. Time to go to war.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

My post doesn't look at folks within this thread. I'm talking about my own experiences while attending school in the U.S. I find that ATS members are far more open and far less ignorant (thus, deny ignorance) in all aspects. I'm not furthering any type of agenda and the general hostility you're presenting frightens me.

If you'd have read my post correctly then you'd understand exactly where I'm coming from and what I'm saying.

I even explicitly stated that the ignorance goes BOTH ways.

For example:

When I first arrived to the U.S I believed that there was only NATURAL beauty to be seen. I believed that U.S culture in general was completely superficial and lacking. I had to pick my ass up and teach myself that I was wrong which I did.

I hope you understand now.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
Answering a question with a question does not make a point.

Not answering a question doesn't make a point.

Since you mentioned Fox News, I guess you are saying that CNN, MSNBC, CBS and ABC all subscribe to your 911 conspiracy lunacy. I think NOT!

Nah, just seems like your distorted opinions fit in nicely with the propaganda spewed from that criminal organization.

There you go again answering a question with a question.

There you go again dodging a question.

Hate to burst your bubble but you are in the minority with your conspiracy lunacy. :lol

Hate to burst your bubble, but it's not a popularity contest. I may be in the minority, but you're delusional.

I'd rather know the truth and try and convince the ignorant ones around me than live in a fantasy world believing my government is in it for my best interest and would never do such a thing as 9/11.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Let me guess, a Ron Paul supporter?

Completely off topic but for those of us who remain "ignorant" about our government and it's underlying agenda, it says everything.

Your accusations of others and blaming of news outlets proves nothing.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Not answering a question doesn't make a point.

I was not trying to make a point except that you answered my question with a question. Answer my question first then I would be more than happy to answer yours.

Again, nice attempt at a dodge.

Nah, just seems like your distorted opinions fit in nicely with the propaganda spewed from that criminal organization.

So then since the other major networks are reporting the same material as Fox, then I guess my initial assumption of what you meant is correct.

There you go again dodging a question.

You mean by waiting for you to answer my question without a question, then yes, I am dodging.

Hate to burst your bubble, but it's not a popularity contest. I may be in the minority, but you're delusional.

Now thats delusional!!

At least you admit you are in the minority with your ludicrous and lunacy conspiracy views regarding 911 and America.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Answer my question first then I would be more than happy to answer yours.

Alright, here's your answers..

Yes, it is a big deal.

Yes, America did have it coming.

Your turn. I fully expect a logical response, because after all, that's all you give.

So then since the other major networks are reporting the same material as Fox, then I guess my initial assumption of what you meant is correct.

They hardly report the same material. They're all corrupt and biased, but FOX takes the cake when it comes to corrupt and biased.

You're not denying you're a FOX News fan, so I'll take it that my assumption in that regard is correct.

At least you admit you are in the minority with your ludicrous and lunacy conspiracy views regarding 911 and America.

You have a conspiracy view regarding 9/11. 19 Al Qaeda guys did it.

So unless you want to be bashed for being ignorant to the real definition of the word conspiracy, don't use it in that way.

Let me ask you, when America no longer has freedoms, what will your reaction be? Are you going to think it'll be for the best? Or will you be upset about it?

Give me an honest response. Put yourself in that world. Imagine that there has just been another attack, and the Constitution of the United States has been suspended and you have no freedoms. Basically like we're living in China.

I don't care what you think the odds are of that happening. I just want you to picture living in such a place, and tell me what your reaction would be to see the "free" country you know and love be turned into a nation without freedoms.

I answered your questions, now answer mine.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Based on what? The sabre rattling of this administration's rhetoics that Iran is determined to develope nuclear weapons?

I suggest you look at some expert testimony before you start the war drums.

Who would be experts that I speak of? The inspectors currently in Iran.

“I have not received any information that there is a concrete active nuclear-weapons program going on right now,” IAEA Director General Mohamed ElBaradei asserted in an interview Oct. 31 with CNN.

But, just because there's nothing "concrete" doesn't mean that it's going on? Oh. Ok. I don't think our "intelligence" was concrete on the WMD's in Iraq either, but whatever. Bush knows best. Enough with the rattle of the sabres, start the drums ... we're going to war — proof or not.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
And have a look at these people, enjoying a hobby that most Americans do.

www.rcgroups.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I fully expect a logical response, because after all, that's all you give.

Thank you. At least we agree that my reponses are logical.

They hardly report the same material. They're all corrupt and biased, but FOX takes the cake when it comes to corrupt and biased.

They do report basically the same material with one big exception. Fox News gives both sides of the story unlike the other networks. Fox always will have on a liberal giving the 'other' side of the story unlike other networks which only spew their liberal agenda.

You're not denying you're a FOX News fan, so I'll take it that my assumption in that regard is correct.

No, I don't deny it. If prefer hearing both sides of the issues as stated above.

You have a conspiracy view regarding 9/11. 19 Al Qaeda guys did it.

So you think it was Americans who crashed the planes.

So unless you want to be bashed for being ignorant to the real definition of the word conspiracy, don't use it in that way.

Umm....it IS a conspiracy when you veer from the normal and logical.

Let me ask you, when America no longer has freedoms, what will your reaction be? Are you going to think it'll be for the best? Or will you be upset about it?

I don't see this happening but IF America ever loses its freedoms I will fight to get them back. This is one reason I own a gun. My right to defend against a government gone awry.

Give me an honest response. Put yourself in that world. Imagine that there has just been another attack, and the Constitution of the United States has been suspended and you have no freedoms. Basically like we're living in China.

I don't care what you think the odds are of that happening. I just want you to picture living in such a place, and tell me what your reaction would be to see the "free" country you know and love be turned into a nation without freedoms.

There would be some valid reasons to suspend the Constitution. If a very large portion of the U.S. was destroyed, martial law and a temporary suspension of the Constitution may be in order. However, if it is only one isolated attack then I cannot see any reasoning behind suspending the Constitution. In this circumstance I would be upset and do what I can to reverse the situation.

I answered your questions, now answer mine.

One small little sentence is not a proper answer given the question.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighttowel

www.rcgroups.com...

OK, whats your point?
They are flying model planes in Israel. So what?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Precious Humanity

Somewhere far back in my mind I know about the beauty. Then why is it everytime the word "Iran" comes up I see raving lunatics burning flags in the streets? The answer is media mind-control. I didnt bother to read the thread, just look at the pictures which tell me more truth than a thousand words.

This is the type of stuff we should be shown on a daily basis. THIS is Deny Ignorance. Imagine a soldier being shown these pictures and then being asked to go fly a bomb raid.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighttowel

www.rcgroups.com...

OK, whats your point?
They are flying model planes in Israel. So what?

Some people are under the impression that it is to dangerous to do things like that from what they see on tv.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thank you sky floating, as usual a voice of reason, yes this thread was intended as an eye opener to the propaganda that has us all walking around with bias and blinders. It is not intended as a political statement simply a view that is one step towards a unified and whole planet.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Iran isn't poor because they have oil, i mean look at Saudi Arabia... almost everyone there is a millionaire because the population is low and income from oil is very high. Saudi Arabia is more modern that the US in some aspects, their health care is superb.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

...and do you believe that the unity that you so clearly crave will emerge from the beauty of the landscape alone?

Sadly we do not live in such a simple world and to ignore the repression and ugliness that exists in Iran is every bit as foolish and naive as it would be to overlook the glorious scenes in the photographs you posted.

...which is not necessarily to say that we ought to be bombing them any time soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join